TIME Magazine's Top 50 Worst Cars

I, personally, do not see what was wrong with this article. It has the proper balance of environmentalism, anti-capitalism, anti-technology and stupidity. It was also typed correctly with a nice font and easy to understand words. Finally, it had some nice pictures of the cars in question for viewers to look at. If all of you forum viewers with any shred of common sense hates this article, then I have nothing to say to any of you....really.:p

I certainly diagree with a lot of these Choices, but the Text is a funny read , so i don?t think it?s that bad. As always with Cars, it?s much about opinion, so I don?t mind the ones where I disagree.

The King Midget .... :lol:

1990-Present

* 1995 Ford Explorer
* 1997 GM EV1
* 1997 Plymouth Prowler
* 1998 Fiat Multipla
* 2000 Ford Excursion
* 2001 Jaguar X-Type
* 2001 Pontiac Aztek
* 2002 BMW 7-series
* 2003 Hummer H2
* 2004 Chevy SSR

7 outs of 10 worst cars are american cars.. co-incidence? yeah right.

Except that most of them really were horrible. Perhaps not for the reasons he cited in his article, but they were horrible.

He says the multipla 'worked beautifully' but is instatntly made on of the worst cars ever becuase it's ugly. Right.....

I don't really think the Jag X-type should be on the list of worst cars ever.

I don't really think the Jag X-type should be on the list of worst cars ever.

I do. It's a cheap, cynical attempt to exploit the brand name. It's not actually a bad car, but it's also not a real Jaguar.

It would have done *very* well in the US if it had been sold as a Mercury.

Actually despite the iDrive and the weird looks, the current 7-series is said to be a very, very good car. Still the one to buy in its class, due to it being the drivers car of the bunch. (S-Class, A8, 7-series)

I do. It's a cheap, cynical attempt to exploit the brand name. It's not actually a bad car, but it's also not a real Jaguar.

It's a Ford Contour, one of the worst Fords ever made, dressed up like a Jaguar. It is not a good car.

i would like to point out....

no japanese cars on that list :p

Quite true, but I also think that the author is more familiar with American and European cars, as he admits he owns an MGA. And oh, how he must suffer... :p

Maybe we should do it like daewoo and simply rename our Country to Chevroland and everthing will be fine ... :rolleyes:

About time you came to your senses. :mrgreen: I suggest "America?".

It's a Ford Contour, one of the worst Fords ever made, dressed up like a Jaguar. It is not a good car.

Right idea, but wrong generation. The Ford Contour was a poorly assembled (by lazy UAW workers) and neutered by Ford NA version of the European Ford Mondeo. The following generation of Mondeo was all new, not sold here as a Contour, and was modified/rebadged as an X-Type. They're not actually bad cars to drive, they're just not Jaguars.

It's as if BMW decided to have a new 0-series by importing and rebadging the Mazda Miata. Sure, it'd drive fine and look OK, but it certainly wouldn't be a real BMW.

About time you came to your senses. :mrgreen: I suggest "America?".

Nah. I propose "Pwnedland" as the new name for Germany. ;)

True, but I still don't think it's one of the worst cars ever made. One of the worst Jaguars, sure. But as far as cars go, you could do much worse. We've got one and it's a bit cramped, but it's decent to drive and feels nimble. I wouldn't buy one if I was in the market, though I wouldn't immediately turn it down either.

This list is rubbish I tell you (again).

How they could possibly forget the Brilliance BS6, JMC Landwind and Chery A15?

I'm sure it's fine to drive, but it can be a nightmare to own. It's not exactly high quality.

It's a low performance, and low quality rip-off of Jaguar, and that's why it's on the list.

Which is why it would have made a perfectly acceptable *Mercury*. It would still have been more reliable than, say, the Sable.

Did you guys go to the original article linked in the first post? You should hear his reasoning for some of these cars. He blames the Model T for all of today's pollution, he thinks the Ford Explorer was the first "suburban" SUV (try the Jeep Grand Wagoneer), and a whole mess of others.

This guy is most certainly a tofu and lentil comping, hemp sandal wearing New Yorker.