Ultimate computer?

The Dell XPS seem to have an awesome Top model. However it costs 4K. There are cheaper models of the XPS but you get what you pay for I guess.

Personally I'd build my own rig if I wanted that power. It wouldn't really cost much more. However if that isn't your 'thing' then any of the top spec PCs for either HP or Dell look very good indeed.

FYI Dell now own Alienware. These IMO are THE ultimate computer for gaming. I presume this is what you want it for..? You will have to give your wallet a workout though as they're not cheap but they are worth it :D

The Dell XPS seem to have an awesome Top model. However it costs 4K. There are cheaper models of the XPS but you get what you pay for I guess.

Personally I'd build my own rig if I wanted that power. It wouldn't really cost much more. However if that isn't your 'thing' then any of the top spec PCs for either HP or Dell look very good indeed.

FYI Dell now own Alienware. These IMO are THE ultimate computer for gaming. I presume this is what you want it for..? You will have to give your wallet a workout though as they're not cheap but they are worth it :D

HP acquired VoodooPC last year. Voodoo >>>>>>> Alienware.

@ Vette Boss,
I agree. I build my own but the Alienware case is awesome looking in fairness. But man it's big bucks though. But for someone who wants the 'best' & has no knowledge of building a new PC then I say go with that.

@Koenig,
So Dell didn't acquire Alienware? When did that happen/not happen? Please explain as it didn't happen....

I'll actually be building a better pc for a friend in a month or so.

Trust me, I've been building PC's for 5 years...you can't buy a prebuilt computer that will be better than something you can build yourself for alot less.

VooDoo is the best right now, but they were much much more amazing before HP bought them. I would build my own, but I don't have enough free time anymore.

@ Vette Boss,
I agree. I build my own but the Alienware case is awesome looking in fairness. But man it's big bucks though. But for someone who wants the 'best' & has no knowledge of building a new PC then I say go with that.

@Koenig,
So Dell didn't acquire Alienware? When did that happen/not happen? Please explain as it didn't happen....

Dell DID acquire Alienware, but HP got VoodooPC. I was just making a point saying that Voodoo is better than Alienware, which is true.

VooDoo is the best right now, but they were much much more amazing before HP bought them. I would build my own, but I don't have enough free time anymore.

VoodooPC was severely understaffed. Each PC being ordered would take anywhere from 6-8 months to complete. If HP didn't absorb them, they would be finished as a company.

Well this computer has everything top notch. Even if you build your own, you would need the case because it is awesome. Look at the specs. Plus it simplifies moding it.

Well this computer has everything top notch. Even if you build your own, you would need the case because it is awesome. Look at the specs. Plus it simplifies moding it.

Everything about this computer would come at a premium though.....

It'll probably be in the neighbourhood of $10k+.

VoodooPC was severely understaffed. Each PC being ordered would take anywhere from 6-8 months to complete. If HP didn't absorb them, they would be finished as a company.

It's true, although I talked to the VooDoo guys here in Calgary and they said that their hardware supply chain was a real trainwreck as well.

Everything about this computer would come at a premium though.....

It'll probably be in the neighbourhood of $10k+.

actually it cost about $5k the highest model is $7100, but you can get one for less than even 5k if you get a regular one or an LC

The human brain is the ultimate computer!

Alienwares are way over priced. Like some people have already stated, for the same amount of money, you could build yourself a badass rig. Yes this has the case and tool-less setup, but that's all garnish, the real meat you could DIY.

yeah... i will concede that it is teh hawtness and it can eke out slightly better 3d mark scores than mine if spec'd with 8800 ultras, but that's because i haven't overclocked and though that case is nice, the CM cosmos is also toolless and is even better in some ways.