[10x01] October 7th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you can't say you don't find the challenges at least amusing? I think they're hilarious most of the time. Not typically the point of the show, but still good for a laugh.

The challenges are funny, don't get me wrong. But this is CAR program, not a tractor one. I liked the last series(who hasn't), but i really hope to see more car reviews - 3-4 a week like in seasons 6,7 and 8.

its NOT a program about cars, the infamous quote is that its a show about guys TALKING about cars

yup, i like the format of last season, the challanges are entertaining and the wife can enjoy the show with me.. if it was all car review then id be back to watching it by myself... though i dop hope to see the odd hypercar review amoungst the lunacy

Awwwwesome! :D

if i want car-reviews i watch fifth gear. if i want to see people cocking with cars i watch top gear. simple :lol:

I don't think they would spend 3/4 (40+min) of the show on the challenge, thats more than the veyron took up, im guessing there'll be something else in the show too.

This better be good entertaining, in the worst case, it'll all end in tears, but even then it'll be funny. Hope the series pick up from last time, needs a good blend of the inane and useful.

Last edited:
Without trying to upset anyone who is worried about the content of the next series.
How about wait and see, if you don't like it watch something else or accept it for what it is. Entertainment!!!

To high expectations are able to kill anything. Classic.

I just wanna be decently entertained. And every episode of Top Gear since 2002 has reached that goal without problems.

Greetings, lip

Funny how many people who have to really try hard to see the show are the most critical of the morphing into more of entertainment format. ... I find it strange - oh and they usually do not pay for it in any way. ...

Basically - don't like = don't watch.

Any way I am hoping that Audi put that V10 in the R8, I would love it if that was the motor that Stiggy gets his teeth into, don't expect it so to be?

Oh good. I think I won't be able to suffer mr Clarkson raving about the R8... I still don't like that car, don't like the people who drive it and the stupid big i-phone looks it's got...
Please Jeremy, just try to be a little mean about it, ok?

They're crossing the whole English channel. Totally worth being up the same premise.

The car reviews are interesting, because they do end up reviewing a lot of cars we'll never be able to afford and ones we'll probably never drive in our lifetime. I'd rather see them try to cross the english channel on their amphibious vehicles.

Lets see if they did anything with the comments about the last serie. I mean, I like the challenges as much as anyone else but they are just so scripted. And to be honnest that scripting thing of late doesnt make it anybetter. How good would the america episode been without the stupid cow-on-the-roof thing, what a bunch of b*llshit...
Lets hope for a season 6 style season.

Oh good. I think I won't be able to suffer mr Clarkson raving about the R8... I still don't like that car, don't like the people who drive it and the stupid big i-phone looks it's got...
Please Jeremy, just try to be a little mean about it, ok?

Wont happen. He's been praising it - infact so much that he rated it over his Lambo.

Sounds great, very much lookin forward to watch the VERY VERY VERY long awaited 1st episode.

Unlike most people it seems, I love the challenges, yes I like to see the odd car review too but the challenges are the main reason I love Top Gear and the reason I don't watch Fifth Gear

The only thing I think they really really REALLY need to change is the scripting, the old challenges from the early seasons were funny without the scripting, the caravan holiday a couple of seasons ago was pretty funny until they set fire to the caravan (which was painfully unfunny as it was so obviously fake)

The polar special was great, and there wasn't really anything I could see that was scripted

I like the challenges too, but the reason I started watching Top Gear and Fifth Gear in the first place was because I like cars. I like seeing reviews of the outrageous and hyper-fast supercars and even the more average cars too. Challenges are fun, but the first amphibious vehicle challenge wasn't that funny to begin with so I don't see why they would want to try it again. I want to see cars! Not pieces of junk floating around in the ocean! More than anything this season I'm hoping the Stig gets to drive the Veyron. Surely there must be one billionaire out there who likes cars enough to let them use their Veyron? Fifth Gear is actually more exciting this season than I would have thought so at least I have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.