[12x03] September 17th, 2007

Vicki needs to learn how to dress on camera.

Gallardo vs. Ducati was good, like the Ducati :D Shame you don't get more performance for the price jump with the Lambo <_<

Vicki's thing with the Type R's was ok, but if you just look at the stats and it was obvious the JDM version would win. I mean, 25ish more HP, better suspension, quicker to 60? Duh?

I'm tired of damn sports players in this show, ugh....

The dumb looking at 3 cars thing was stupid, like always....

The hearse thing was random, I loved the Busa one :lol: 120mph in a straight line :mrgreen:

The Mini thing was nice, though I knew they'd choose the diesel. Obviously, one doesn't normally buy the diesel for performance, unless it's the BMW 335d (just saw a review of it, pretty nice apparently...).

Yeah, she looked a lil' ehhhh in this ep.

Definitely not up to par with the opening two episodes of the season. Little interested me this week.

Jason in a car with some guy I never heard of? Skipped it.
Vicki in two Civics? Just finished watching the ep and I already forgot what she said.
A Merc and Land Rover hearse? How morbid.
Lambo/Bike? Needed much more Lambo and less bike, thanks.
Mini Cooper? I like the Mini, but not half an episode's worth of 'em!

In regards to the kids designing roads segment, are your motorways really that big of a mess? Triple round-abouts? Here in the states we have on-ramps and off-ramps. It works.

Yeah, I'm just glad she didn't wear a friggin jacket for once.

italian exotic car vs italian exotic bike. makes all the sense.

The 1098 isn't an "exotic" bike, it's a stupidly expensive sportsbike.
The Desmodecci RR however is an exotic.

In regards to the kids designing roads segment, are your motorways really that big of a mess? Triple round-abouts? Here in the states we have on-ramps and off-ramps. It works.

The advantage of roundabouts is the constant on and off-flow of the traffic. Unlike a traffic signal nobody has to stop for a longer period of time though the roundabouts can be very annoying on through roads because it slows you down a lot even with no traffic at all. Especially the English and French seem obsessed with roundabouts. I only like'em when they make sense...in most cases they don't.

Yea it is cooler and way prettier. But would you really pay almost twice the money for something that looks a bit better, but is not as fast?
It's like the STI vs a 911.

And that Desmodeci RR costs nearly as much as a 911.

Yeah, I'm just glad she didn't wear a friggin jacket for once.

:lol: I didnt even think of that. I thought she looked like she just remembered she had to film that day and did a quick shower-get-dressed-and-run-out-of-the-house.

Good, i don't want it. Im not a German car fan but, Porsche and the likes have already proved you can have a extremely fast car which is usable on the road, anything else is just a cheap piece of crap. The only exception is for true full-on race cars, and i'm sorry but the J-spec Type-R is far from that, not saying it probably wouldn't make a good base to race on, but where its at is just at stock is just a sort of lost, indecisive no-mans land , which to me makes it completely unlovable
QUOTE]

np Ottobon, glad I managed to put off a buyer who wouldn't like a typeR even if he bought it so its 1 less person complaining about it. And comparing a typeR to a 911 is stupid, a typeR is a track version of the civic so in better terms, a 911 would be a regular civic and the typeR would be the GT3 RS... so are you trying to tell me that you hate the GT3RS because it has no AirCon, no Porsche Badge, All the bars inside the car, harsh ride and lack of soundproofing? :rolleyes:

And if you're going to say a normal civic is never going to be the same as a 911 in terms of performance, you should have thought of that before you compared a civic typeR and a Porsche.

The advantage of roundabouts is the constant on and off-flow of the traffic. Unlike a traffic signal nobody has to stop for a longer period of time though the roundabouts can be very annoying on through roads because it slows you down a lot even with no traffic at all. Especially the English and French seem obsessed with roundabouts. I only like'em when they make sense...in most cases they don't.

roundabouts only work when people follow the rules, if they do, traffic flows seamlessly. In countries where people drive like idiots, roundabouts almost create more chaos... I know in Malaysia, they had to add Traffic Lights in roundabouts because people didn't understand how to use them.

I thought that it wasn't a particularily special ep. I really like that Lambo but they didn't test it properly. Funniest bit for me:
http://img215.imageshack.**/img215/6229/tflolfb5.jpg

It was OK, everyone has pretty much said what I thought, I do wish we could get more details especially on the polo blue motion, on paper it was expensive and not really much better than the other two. But they both choose it saying it was a great drive?!?! Why didn't you review it, it's an important car as it's show casing the German idea of eco friendly compared to the japs hybrid design.
Also 72mpg is quite a claim, I'd like to see that tested.

That episode was very good. I really don't see why people dislike this show so much....

Shane Warne segment was OK, the Civic type R test proved how much better the JDM car is compared to what the ROW gets, Lambo vs Ducati was great (as pointed out it would have been slightly better if the bike was the gorgeous MV Augusta F41000R) and Jonny & Tom testing the Mini's was quite a laugh.

Plus Vicki looked good too!

Yeah, no shit. Someone in the MOT needs a swift kick in the ass for putting roundabouts on access roads for highways. Viaducts, stoplights and ramps seem to work in America.