Top Gear America advertised on Facebook

cliss

Apparently there is an advertising push for Top Gear America on Facebook... see here:

When clicking on the image, you get a promo video. Transcript:

Announcer: This is not just a car show, but it has really fast cars. It's not a talk show, but it has very sexy stars. It's not a comedy show, but it's outrageously funny.
Hammond: Stop fighting in the front!
Announcer: This is something totally different, and it's only on BBC America.
Hammond: We have made something truly wonderful.
Clarkson: You're gonna absolutely love it.
Announcer: Top Gear. All new episode Monday at 8 on BBC America

I just found that... surprising.

-Casey

Why did you black out what network you're in?

It looks like they're really pushing the show. They had banner ads on autoblog.com and jalopnik.com a couple days ago. I figured they'd heavily advertise on motoring sites like those but facebook? I don't know if that is really helpful to them but I'm no marketing expert.

it has very sexy stars.
James May is quite the crowd pleaser.

It's a good thing Top Gear is being exposed to a bigger audience, even if it means that us diehard fans can't lord it over them like we did before Coldplay got big. But with an intro like that it's going to look cheesy as hell. Hey, 18-24s love their Alfaabs and caravan conkers.

How many people get BBC America, anyway?

Personally, I'd rather just chat with the hot singles I was promised there.

Link to that promo video?

James May is quite the crowd pleaser.

It's a good thing Top Gear is being exposed to a bigger audience, even if it means that us diehard fans can't lord it over them like we did before Coldplay got big. But with an intro like that it's going to look cheesy as hell. Hey, 18-24s love their Alfaabs and caravan conkers.

How many people get BBC America, anyway?

Personally, I'd rather just chat with the hot singles I was promised there.

Pretty much anyone with directv... so like 80 million people lol

but it has very sexy stars.
:lol:

Well, if you find grumpy men from Montana sexy, the ep with Rich Hall might interest you, but if you're just like a normal bloke, I guess it's more correct to call him.. funny?

Sweet! The ad just showed up on facebook for me too. I'll have to check out this Top Gear show they're speaking of. :p

There's also an ad on Yahoo (or atleast the US website) that's part of the Koenigsegg CCX review, oddly enough I see it mostly under the Sports > NFL section of the site.

Obviously, it's already been on for 5 weeks or so...where have you been?? :sleeping:

Yea, I was just pointing out that there isn't really anything that would make it "all new".

Top Gear America

Top Gear America

Just watched it on BBc America, Its Looks like episodes from a year ago. Although there are commercials, its seems like Top Gear to me. I get it on cable here in the states, which makes me happy. By the way, season 9 episode 1, airs this monday,. but I cant wait to get the torrent for season 10.:tvhappy: