Ever Notice

Demon_X

Car(s)
2004 Lexus IS300
when VBH does any review...especially a shootout

its like she's reciting what the director told her to say or do, like a machine.

if they could get rid of lovejoy, than why not VBH?

not a lot of people on here like her

i personally think most of the segments she does are very random and not needed

close the topic if ya want

just wanted to rant

when VBH does any review...especially a shootout

1)its like she's reciting what the director told her to say or do, like a machine.

2)if they could get rid of lovejoy, than why not VBH?

3)not a lot of people on here like her

4)i personally think most of the segments she does are very random and not needed

5)close the topic if ya want

6)just wanted to rant

Your typing style really helps me break down the points!

1)Well, yeah....hence the name director. Fifth Gear isn't so loose like Top Gear is.

2)They still need someone to be sappy and fawn over Tiff Needell, and having a male do it would awkward.

3)Tell that to Tobias, the man really, REALLY enjoys her breasts.

4)Well, What they have are four people with four different personalities, and as such need those persona's to mix well with the vehicle being driven.

5)I really can't, but I would close it on the grounds of poor grammar.

6)We all need to...shine on, you crazy diamond.

I usually skip over her reviews, she just makes me cringe she's really really fake and annoying and i agree they should get rid of her.. But they should replace her with another female though.. One with a personality preferably.

I don't think VBH is the problem... she used to do much better segments before. Nowadays they have more presenters so she's been getting crap cars to do.

As for reciting the script, the whole show has become scripted... just look at the dumb Ace Cafe things.

P.S. You can't really compare Lovejoy and Vicki. Vicki can drive, that Lovejoy tosser couldn't drive much other than the G-Wiz.

thanks for the comments

sorry for the bad grammar..i wrote the 1st post at 5 am

as for replacing her...i would go with Sabine.

I can't believe I'm saying this but as much as I dislike her, I don't think she needs to be replaced. Yes, most of her deliveries seem somewhat robotic but I think thats always been a characteristic of her reviews. I refer to those old Top Gear eps where she was much the same.

My only problem with her is her on screen character where she is putting Tom down, giggling all the time or referring to herself in the 3rd person (or is it 2nd person? Whatever...) - "Oh Victoria..."

Some of her work in earlier seasons of Fifth Gear are the bestest. If only the director would let her loosen up on screen.

// Me waits for Tobias to see this thread :mrgreen: He'd love to see her 'loosen up' heheh

lol,

nice

i mean vicky is a good presenter...just not for Fifth Gear

like SL65 said, she is immature with her giggling and laughing when she is with Tom

What is funny to me atleast is

well

Plato and Tiff team up for shootouts (turn out incredible)
Tom and Johnny team up to do funny challenges

than what the hell is vicky for? squealing?

I don't think VBH is the problem... she used to do much better segments before.
That's exactly what I think - just take the SLK55 AMG vs SL55 AMG in 07?02, the Mitsubishi Evo VIII vs Noble M400 in 7x07 or the Superformance LeMans Coup? in 07x08, basically almost all reviews or shootouts from 2005...

VBH is like.. a buffer, haha.

Well for now, anyway.

When it used to be Tiff and VBH, she did pull through pretty well. I think it's really just how they want her to do random crap, now. I don't know if that was her decision, but she IS capable of having good segments if she actually has the quality control of her segments. I just think the staff right now is terrible.

as for the scripting, i think TG would fall into the same category (look in the TG forum about their shows being 'scripted'). It's really just the writers and other staff members behind the scenes that make the difference in how we judge the show.

I have a major weakness for Vicki. She could review a washing machine and I'd watch it, but I will agree that her segments last season and so far this season are pretty lousy. She's not given a lot to work with.

Remember her reviews of the Challenge Stradale and Zonda Roadster from seasons past? Those are classic.

i agree that her past ones were good..but now...she's like dead weight

That's exactly what I think - just take the SLK55 AMG vs SL55 AMG in 07?02, the Mitsubishi Evo VIII vs Noble M400 in 7x07 or the Superformance LeMans Coup? in 07x08, basically almost all reviews or shootouts from 2005...
Yeah they were good, but 2005?? I'm thinking earlier than that!

Her reviews of the original Golf GTI, that older model 911 Turbo and as Tobias mentioned, the Zonda Roadster are a few that come to mind :)