Team Finalgear in the 24 Hours of Lemons

applause_000.gif

Congrats guys! :)

What they said. Glad you were able to make it there first off, then finish with a respectable position.

Last edited:
I still have the template files and I'd be happy to send you them, as long as it's alright with Quiky. :)
Thats fine by me.

Just like to say a major thank you to everyone who helped us out for the race- financially, and those who came out to the pits to help out.

(will have a post on the main page tomorrow)

We are going to fix up the bimmer for the next race, with a full front+rear brushguard, more tires, a front-end realignment, and more than 2 sets of tires. :D

Someone Asked who the hell was driving to get Team FinalGear from way back all the way to 12th...

that was totally me. until they black-flagged me. . .apparently the BS factor was coming to haunt us. totally didn't believe our car was worth $500 but said "you're not a leader so instead of docking you 40 laps we're just going to scare the shit outta you, so go get back on the track"

Someone commented that I musta been pissed because they thought it looked like i was going even faster. I just wish someone took video for my sake. :p

Not entering again with Phil.

We need to find a new car.

Heh, don't blame you. And that one's pretty beat up anyway.

Looking at a Lincoln Towncar (70s-80s) -- Chop the top, add a bullhorn to the front..

BOSS HOG IS GONNA GET THOSE DARN DUKE BOYS!

quik; why not offer karl $100 for it? :D

Great Effort!

A heavy set car like the volvo should be good, and give you the possibility of ramming in case the situation calls for it :D

nice job guys!

Why not one of those old tank volvos? You saw how they are on Top Gear when he ran it into a wall...

Because we lapped them like crazy, they don't have limited-slip diffs(they were always eating their back tires up), and their transmissions were failing.

let's just say there was only 3-4 cars out of 40 that had anything more than a temporary shot at passing us, and those were the rx-7 (although it didnt have the torque so it had to rely on deep-corner passes, which ate tires) the 80s Toyota Supras, and Team #84's spooky fast celebrity wagon(while they still had 2nd gear)

we got passed by the Integra(which was definately modded) only when we started driving to conserve tires, but we had more Revs before we'd shift, so mid-way through the strait we'd reel them in anyway.

Those of you who think big american iron is the way to go, Just look at the #50 car. it was like an 02 crown vic and we could pass them even when they were at full clip. . .not to mention they would leave 1/32nd of their tire tread on EVERY SINGLE TURN. basically they either had to back off early or swap tires every 10 laps, not to mention the brakes caught on fire. Mass is the enemy!

let's just say there was only 3-4 cars out of 40 that had anything more than a temporary shot at passing us, and those were the rx-7 (although it didnt have the torque so it had to rely on deep-corner passes, which ate tires) the 80s Toyota Supras, and Team #84's spooky fast celebrity wagon(while they still had 2nd gear)
Having ~250bhp at 4000rpm, and a 7000rpm redline is fun to play with. :)

If we had more tires and the frame straight, we would be in the top 5.

And yes, Serj, I might offer Karl some cash and see if he takes the offer to get rid of the bimmer ;-)

Last edited:
Just think, though....your car might be mentioned in Car and Driver. Not in any postive light probably :lol:, but a mention, or a photo...

So are you still thinking of doing Thunderhill in December? One thing it has going for it is that it's a real road course, very cool. I'm headed back in two weeks to finish off this set of tires on my 300. :)

Steve

Here is a wonderful conversation phil sent me today:
Phil: I just happened to follow the links from you tube to the forum on which you blamed every damn problem we had in that car on me
if you think with that kind of talk your going to even consider using the bmw you fucking joking
Find a new car if your going to talk like that
I'm not responsible for any of the front end damage keep that in mind
Your an asshole while we were out on the track grabbing laps
I'm responsible for 18th place if anything and we finished the race
I was tarred and feathered because we had a chance at winning not because I was driving like an asshole
If I was such an ass on the track
I would have been off the track
so
Find a new car
I will keep the BMW
You took this shit way to seriously and its a shame the way you talked about me on the forums
Thats fucked up
So before you ask, no you can not buy the car we are going to use it again
Very unsportsmanlike
Way to make you and Chris look big, I am the reason you were able to enter the race

Last edited: