Logitech G25 yay or nay?

MadCow809

Forum Addict
so im fed up with my keyboard:mad::mad:, its totally useless when it comes to racing games, which is why ive decided to buy the logitech G25 wheel, i just want to hear some reviews from you guys before i go out and buy it.

thoughts?

the G25 is the best wheel for less than a grand. That being said depending on what games your playing the H-Gate and Clutch may not even be an option in which case a DF-Pro is really all you need. What games are you planning on using it for?

If you play LFS, go for it.

i love LFS, one of my current favourite racing game. Its going to be one of my top3 most played game.

What games are you planning on using it for?
ToCA Race Driver 3, Race - The WTCC Game, GTR2, Live for Speed, Test Drive Unlimited, DiRT. Thats all i have for now.

Last edited:
It works perfectly with Test Drive Unlimited, I can tell you that. A really great wheel. Go for it!

I'd say, if you are willing to spend that amount of money on your hobby then go for it. It's the best reasonably-priced wheel on the market.

avanti: That Posrche wheel... You wouldn't happen to know the price tag of one, would you?

I have both a wheel and a 360 controller, and I actually prefer the 360 controller, but it comes down to your personal taste. One of the reasons I don't use the wheel is because I don't want it mounted on my desk at all times; for one because I don't play racing games every day, and two....I'm lazy, so it's much easier to just pick up the controller and go.

My lap times are basically the same with both, but the wheel is great for the fun factor though.

i decided to get a DF Pro becuase i'm already building a shifter. clutch would be nice though :)

Yay without a doubt. I have one and it's excellent, sexy and comes with a good warranty. The first time you take it out of the box it's an awesome smell too.
6 gears and reverse, changeable to umm sequential I think it is?, flappy paddles if you like, clutch and 900 degrees rotation. Not really too much else you can ask for I think.
Only real problem I have with it is in GTR2 for some reason even when you select "hold button for gear" it doesn't really work. I had to set a button for neutral and disable the hold gear option. This isn't a problem in LFS it works fine in there. Oh and V8SC3 I got chronic understeer using the wheel compared to a pad and never found out why.
Not really big issues and the wheel is so good when a mate tried it he spent his only $420 on it - he never normally buys stuff, you'd have to know him to know how significant it was that he bought the wheel.

Tl;dr v.: Excellent setup, won't regret it, have fun.

G25 all the way. You will be blown away by how it performs.

hm... all positive feedbacks, sounds like a quality product.

Im going to order it tonight, will let you guys know when i get the package.

- to be continued

Well chosen I say! I do hope you enjoy it. I am.