FPV unveils new 404hp/398ft. lbs. Falcon Cobra

Elmo187

Car(s)
Cobalt SS/SC-SN95 5.0 Stang-Toyota Corolla AE86
While we wait for Ford to let the SVT gang loose on one of the Oval's US-market sedans, it's business as usual in Australia, where the awesome can't be stopped, and the current-gen FPV Falcon isn't going away quietly. Today's evidence: the just-announced FPV Cobra, a limited-edition Boss 302-powered tire incinerator that comes in both sedan and ute form. (Oh, the Boss 302 moniker stands for 302 kilowatts, not cubic inches, btw.) All Cobras are white with blue stripes, and the 5.4L Boss 302 V8 dishes out 404 horses and 398 lb-ft of torque. All that juice is directed aft via a standard 6-speed manual or a ZF 6-speed auto that's available at no additional cost.

Other baubles include standard leather, spiffy 19" wheels, Brembos (which can be further upgraded as well), all the expected badging, and in the case of the sedan, FPV's track-ready R-Spec suspension. Total Cobra production is limited to 500 vehicles, with 4-doors outnumbering utes 400 to 100. Pricing will start at $65,110 AUD for the sedan and $61,200 AUD for the ute. In other news, US customers have the new Focus to look forward to, which looks almost as cool as this Aussie Cobra, assuming you're wearing a blindfold.

Courtesy of AutoBlog

fpvcobraoffhi_001.jpg

fpvcobraoffhi_003.jpg

fpvcobraoffhi_002.jpg

...So finally someone actually let the big Modular V8 have a a bit of attention! Fantastic! Remains to be seen how this'd fair against a Clubbie or an SS, or the F6 for that matter, but they've done something relatively good! They've made the V8 Falcon less of a joke!

That looks hot :love: Would sound pretty awesome as well! Reasonably priced as well...

Badge engineering, pure wank factor. Not impressed.

God, they need to get some real 3D guys if they want to do use 3D renders for press pictures. Ugh! Looks so inaccurate.

But it's nothing to get excited over. Slightly warmed over FPV GT with stripes and a badge to keep people happy until the new Orion based products come along.

Finally, they've given the engine the power it deserves. Actually, wrong, it still needs more power. Less torque than an F6 too.

I'm pretty sure this is just a 'filler' until they release their new model.
They should have given it more than 302kw. The holdens are 307 so it should be 307 too :(

The amusing thing with FPV is that they claim they're not in a power war with HSV. Isn't that just admitting defeat? After all, no-one's going to buy those cars as a refined cruiser.

Yep, it smells of 'gotta do something until the new model arrives'.

What's more, if there was 12kW more in the engine, why not have put that in for the BF upgrade, taken attention off the VE for a while?

If I wanted a quick Falcon, I'd still go the 6 turbo, although the car is getting on quite a bit now. After all, the Falcon is now the oldest of the Aussie-made cars, and by a fair bit.

its pretty much.. ohh, we have about 200 FPV GT's left in the factory, lets beef it up and sell it before the Orion gets here, all manufacturers do it so I'm not going to say its a shit effort by Ford, but I never like the last ohh,, make some special editions and sell it quick kinda thing

Perfect for those who still have the orginal can now buy the update. :p

Might as well do a L.E. yellow cab version, plastic driver cubicle, with LPG as the highlight.

all you Australian guys are going meh, while a part of me dies inside when I think of American Ford 4-doors...:cry:

06FusionCalif_8075.jpg

Ah yes, the mighty Ford 500 (?). Very front wheel drive.

^ I agree 100%. I'd very, very gladly swap you guys any Ford we have for any one you have. All Ford has to do is bring the leftover Aussie cars here and they'll all be sold within hours from their looks alone. Why must you deprive us Ford? You suck! :mad:

...Shall we send them some 380s and Aurieons just to spite them :p ?

all you Australian guys are going meh, while a part of me dies inside when I think of American Ford 4-doors...:cry:

06FusionCalif_8075.jpg

I like the Fusion... but there's no way it could be good performance-wise, I agree. But that Falcon! My God! You Aussies are crazy, crazy people. I want to be an engineer at Holden or Ford there, imagine the hapiness of those guys!

06FusionCalif_8075.jpg

That car looks horrible.

And we're all going meh because we know Ford can do much much better than this. This effort is totally half arsed and just a way to get rid of the old body shape before Orion comes into the market. Bleh.

I'm not a fan - Looks like a BF Falcon "runout special" to me.