Richard & Family (Video)

"and another sack of easy TV money arrived" best line! :)

More importantly though thats more like Hammonds classic presenting style then i've seen in awhile, he wrote a article that seemed better then average just awhile back as well. I have to wonder if writing the book sharpened him mentally. I just know that in the series before the crash he was kind of wavering on mediocrecy with his own personal car reviews, and i think its great to see him taking more care yet again in his selection of words in the figure of his voice.

Last edited:
When was he struck by lightning in Germany?? I don't remember that.

By the way, what kind of accent does his wife has? And his kid? It's very different from Hammond's accent.

Thanks for the Youtube linkage.

When was he struck by lightning in Germany?? I don't remember that.

By the way, what kind of accent does his wife has? And his kid? It's very different from Hammond's accent.

Remember the episode when he took the new Golf (Mk5) to a power plant complex thing in Germany and they blasted the top of the car with "lightning"? He was inside it and the car ended up being just fine.

According to wiki, he's from Birmingham... but I have no idea where she's from.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Free hair product! Easy TV Money!

And I didn't know Hammond had a 575.

"Free hair product" :lmao:

That's it, I'm sold. Where do I sign? (for the book. though I wouldn't mind some "free hair product"...)

Im buying that book. Will read it on the plane to Scotland.

He has a lovely family doesnt he. They are so lucky that he made it out in one piece. Mindy's bit will be a very interesting read.

Thanks for the video!

Just back from my 24 hour Tesco with the book- only a tenner! Some funny pics of the young Richard. Seems to be mostly about the crash and his recovery- there's not much it seems about being on TG. Still looks like a good read though- starting it tonight.

Anyone know if/when the book goes on sale in the colonies?

i dont know if it will :S i jsut ordered it off of amazon.co.uk

Probably will be a good read.

P.S. Wife not that hot, for a 35 y/o, looks strangely old...

[RANT ON]
Er, did anyone ask what you thought? That's unnecessary.

Well, apart from Mindy clearly being a very nice person, we think you're wrong. I'm 36 and she looks way younger than me. And 'not that hot'? While we think you're wrong, we also think you should stop reading FHM and get out more often... you'll find that most women don't look like airbrushed versions of Jessica Alba or whomever, including Jessica Alba.

Why don't you post a picture of yourself so we can all post critique?
[RANT OFF]

Richard has a vaguely Northen accent from living in Yorkshire. He is from Birmingham originally but (mercifully) lost that accent when his family moved further oop north.
Mindy is, I think, from Cheltenham area - posher, more what would be called a "British accent" in the US (there is no such thing of course) And as for his daughter - she has grown up in Gloucestershire so similar to Mindy.

phew! that clear enough for you?!

Richard and his wife were on the ITV show "This Morning" this morning promoting this book. It looks like it will be a good read.