BBC news: "Top Gear under fire after presenters puff on pipes"

My god people really don't have anything better to do with their time but moan, die in a fire hippie!!!

Uhh, sorry but anti-smoking efforts should be praised....when they're done effectively, which was not the case here. And I don't see how hippies are likely to support anti-smoking efforts, don't they love to get high on their weed?

sonza68 said:
sonza68When people have nothing going on in their life, they tend to find ways to restrict others from doing anything.

As I said, this way of anti-smoking campaign is not very smart. But I don't think it would be fair to say that all anti-smoking activists have "nothing going on in their life."

Last edited:
My leftie friend in work was giving it some fascist views today.

"Just because he's famous he thinks he can get away with flouting the law! He should be put in prison just to make an example of him!".

Actual words. My counter-argument that the law is irrelevant when morality isn't affected (nobody in the studio minded) fell on confused ears. Such is the way with liberals.

They should tell the "Action on Smoking and Health" (Ash-oles), they have something else for THEM to suck on...

colin.gif

Part of me likes the fact that the UK has the same sort of PC police that are so rowdy on this side of the pond. Ultimately, their press release will have a very short shelf life.

Next the global warmers will be having them up for the amount of smoke that the amphibious vehicles produced when burning off that excess foam...

:cry:

It's Top Gear! None of the studio audience minded, so why all the fuss? It was very funny and they were in a private hangar. It's part of what TG is, un-PC fun. There are bigger things to worry about!

I looked at the Porsche Design Website, and I have to get one of those pipes. They are hilarious.

That lady should come to BC, then she will see real smoking and bongs, that woman is a bitch just plainly a bitch its those kinds of people who impose their own mindset on society who ruin it, if it was my choice people like that would just have to shut the &$#* up.

They should start each news segment with pipe smoking. Rack up the fines in spite.

They should start each news segment with pipe smoking. Rack up the fines in spite.
Did episode 1 get any complaints? Wouldn't it be nice if every episode got onto BBC News with a complaint? It'll get cancelled...in style!

Heh...if they had been smoking constantly I would have to agree, but in this case it's really stupid. They lit a pipe for like 30 seconds.

You live next to a country which thinks smoking doobies is okay and yet you agree smoking bans make sense?

Now i hate smoking, its nearly killed my mom and she isn't even 50, but banning stuff like this is the stupidest none sense i have ever heard of.

I find it amazing that out of the 5 million or so who watched the show and DIDN'T complain, they uphold the complaints of two or three people who clearly have too much time on their hands. It seriously is like that scene from the Simpsons where Ned Flanders is watching videos of TV broadcasts deliberately looking for any minor midemeanour. These morons who complain, they are a minority! Who gives a rats toss what they think? Here's the big tip. If you don't like it, don't watch!

Must be awful living in the UK what with your draconian smoking laws, speed cameras on every corner, road tax, congestion tax (?), the seemingly endless nannying...

()&?&% minorites. it was a private hangar, not a restaurant.
would be pretty cool though, should top gear ever be cancelled (*shudders*), that they get as many complaints every episode, see who can get the most :)

Boy am I glad i live in Greece for a change. We may not be much of country but at least people here are free to do what they want.
Maybe that's why we smoke a lot, drink a lot and eat a lot and still live longer :p

Wouldn't a tv company studio constitute a private place, not public?