photo challenge!

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
just as an on the side thing, and mostly because im so damn busy i havent actually got the time of day to get out and about with my camera... im going to propose a challenge for those equally house bound by sheer masses of work.

i want you to take photos of things IN YOUR ROOM (or the room you spend most time in). being a student i spend lots of time in my bedroom, my beds there, so is my desk and computer etc.... so ill be trying to make the monotony of the room, interesting.

i think this should really get the creativeness going. being limited to a room, full of crap, means your going to have to break out the camera skills to get something interesting looking.

feel free to PP away as well...for me, taking the shot is only half the answer.

[...]being a student i spend lots of time in my bedroom, my beds there, so is my desk and computer etc.... so ill be trying to make the monotony of the room, interesting.[...]
And there are no old Stains or old stacks of Pizza-boxes you can photograph for this months regular asignment? :p

But seriously, that could be an interesting topic for the months to come ... though I don?t see anything around me I?d think would be worthy ... :|

Ermmm, what's wrong with the current contests? Or did I miss something in your idea?

http://forums.finalgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65

this isnt really a contest.... basically im just asking those who find themselves unable to get out and shoot subjects relating to the current running contests on this board to post pictures of crap in the room they hapen to be stuck in.

if you can get out there and shoot stuff relevant for the comp then dont come in. simple.

this is not a take over or a replacement or anything. i was stuck in my room working, and just began wondering how many shots, interesting shots at that, i could get from my room. quite simple really.

there'll be no prizes or distinctions or winners or anything....

And there are no old Stains or old stacks of Pizza-boxes you can photograph for this months regular asignment? :p

But seriously, that could be an interesting topic for the months to come ... though I don?t see anything around me I?d think would be worthy ... :|

to be honest i dont even look at the bi-weekly contests....

and no i dont have any old pizza boxes... not in my room anyway:p im not a lard arse!

i swear sometimes on this board you cant do jack without someone complaining, or having to be given the nod of agreement or whatever..... lighten up, your're seriously sapping the fun from this place. yeah we have bi-weekly comps.... your point? there isnt room for something on the side? im pretty sure there is room for the weekly comps and this light hearted attempt at asking people to take interesting photos of stuff in their rooms to co-exist.

Last edited:
1598024802_c0e32f73cc_o.jpg

we did a project like this in my photo class, but we got a 40'x40' courtyard to work with. i reckon this will be an interesting thread.

time to get the close up filters out.

This is a pretty cool photo challenge idea, especially with cold weather approaching. Are we sticking with the traditional one photo per person per day or is it just sort of a free for all?

My first contribution: my in-room nuclear power experiment!
http://img140.imageshack.**/img140/6444/picture006cn5.jpg

^Economics or Accounting. You poor bastard.

Took this a few years back:
revision2.jpg

Got some new good ones a year ago as well (of studying as well - back at Uni... ;) ) but I'll have to dig them out later. Will get some new ones soon as well... ;)

Arr me be tossin' another one in.

http://img89.imageshack.**/img89/2213/picture016cde2.jpg

Just thought i would post my first one.

Photo-0036.jpg

..little critter took landing on my chemistry binder while I was writing a lab report..
1807085614_1eb4a87999.jpg