Spamming

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
So here I am sitting in astronomy lab, waiting for my program to finish doing its thing (it's probably been done for like 15 minutes now), but I'm so bored, so I logged on and posted in several different threads.

When I posted, I didn't just say ":p" and hit submit, but made sure to write responses relevant to the topic itself, and even asked questions.

By the end of it all, I realized I had posted in quite a few topics and felt like I might have been "spamming". At the same time I felt that since I didn't make curt and/or retarded replies, that all my responses were not "spam". So now I sit here confused and I ask of all of you.

What is considered to be "spam"? If you're just so bored that you go onto the forums and reply but do as I did and make sure each one of the replies is thorough, is that spamming?

Should I shut up now? :p Thanks.

Quite bored I see?

Spam refers to quantity AND quality. Posting a ton of quality posts in active threads isn't spamming.

Lol @ cobol. I love that video!

Viper: Thanks for explaining that man. And sorry for posting in the wrong thread. I realized that right after I had posted it but didn't want to bug you via PM to request it to be moved :)

Hooray for thorough responses written solely due to sheer boredom :p!

It's all a mater of perspective. For example, some might say that starting a thread about your posts is spamming, or post-whoring. I prefer to think of it as meta-posting. 8)

Don't worry about it, as others mentioned before me: posting high-quality posts in active threads isn't spam as long as you aren't trying to cell me ChEEp Ci@L!s, promising me a bigger wang, or pimping other sites or products. Many of our members only get to log on for an hour or so and will do all their posts then. I know that when I'm busy I will do that so for a while you will see my name as the "latest poster" for half the bloody forum.

Ok, maybe that was a bad example. You probably don't want to be like me, after all, I'm the Evil one here. (Thank you, Affirmative Action!)

You could post in every topic on the forums in one go (it would take a long time though) and not be spamming. Quality, not quantity is the key.