And what of TVR?

torrent_rider

I did a search for "TVR" and found no thread(s). I just wanted to see if anyone knows if TVR was indeed purchased by those two Florida businessmen or if that went up in smoke.

I did a search for "TVR" and found no thread(s). I just wanted to see if anyone knows if TVR was indeed purchased by those two Florida businessmen or if that went up in smoke.

it was indeed purchased by them, but the little 20+ year old Russian bought it back shortly afterwards.

and then sold again i believe. back to the two guys from FL

nope, he still owns TVR. they even announced about a week ago that theyre slowly crawling outta that deep dark hole where money used to be.

I wouldn't hold your breath, unfortunately.

As much as I would love to see TVRs return...I honestly don't see it happening any time soon. Things have plummeted since Peter Wheeler sold up.

it was indeed purchased by them, but the little 20+ year old Russian bought it back shortly afterwards.

???

This is actually true? I have to ask because it sounds just so ridiculous that it would not even be plausible. But then again, TVR being based in Florida doesn't seem plausible either. It seems that TVR has become a "paper company" and nothing more.

???

This is actually true? I have to ask because it sounds just so ridiculous that it would not even be plausible. But then again, TVR being based in Florida doesn't seem plausible either. It seems that TVR has become a "paper company" and nothing more.

Why not? Mosler and Panoz are based in Florida, as well as the kit-car company Superformance. Florida is actually one of the easiest states to register kit-cars and low volume cars, etc.

Panoz is no longer based outside Atlanta? TVR is/was a British company and being based in Florida would be very odd like seeing GM based in China.

Panoz is no longer based outside Atlanta? TVR is/was a British company and being based in Florida would be very odd like seeing GM based in China.

Ah, I might be off about Panoz, I thought they were Florida based. Though I think it would be a tad silly to think that just because the owners are from Florida that they'd move the factories there.

I dunno... if it aint from Blackpool, then it aint a TVR...

then what do you make of the current Rolls Royce?

I could care less if was now owned in North Korea, so long as it still had the same TVR madness

Why not? Mosler and Panoz are based in Florida, as well as the kit-car company Superformance. Florida is actually one of the easiest states to register kit-cars and low volume cars, etc.

SuPerformance is based outta South Africa, not Florida. Panoz is still based outta Atlanta.

Though I think it would be a tad silly to think that just because the owners are from Florida that they'd move the factories there.

The last I read, that was the plan. And, considering that Chris Craft has moved production to North Carolina in additon to having the new Indian motorcycles built there, rather than here, I was just thinking it a bit interesting to see a company move here to manufacture cars with the threat of hurricanes each year. That, and TVR is thought of, and rightly so, of being a "proper" British company.