Favorite AMG V8 engine?

Favorite AMG V8 engine?

• Total voters

Danny Tran

or <br /><div class="bigusername">Tranny Dan?</div
Putting which is the better engine, which one do you prefer?

Last edited:
The SLR has the best sounding engine in a current car.

This proves it, just listen when there car cams
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=mdDKT6B_adY[/youtube]

Last edited:
its not 6.3, its 6.2.

but my favorite has to be the old 5.0 or the 300SEL 6.3. the new 6.2 is probably the most technology advanced V8 as of right now.

I'll take the 6.0l M119 from the W124 E60 AMG, thank you :p

its not 6.3, its 6.2.

but my favorite has to be the old 5.0 or the 300SEL 6.3. the new 6.2 is probably the most technology advanced V8 as of right now.

Both those engines were not made with any help from AMG. AMG was a separate company until 1990, when AMG and Mercedes started working together, and wasn't fully acquired by Mercedes until 1999.

Supercharger whine FTW.

S/C!!!!!!

pulleys FTW!

its not 6.3, its 6.2.

they say it's 6.3 for heritage sake, but it's 6209 cc of displacement.

slap some mods on the M113 and you have a winnah! N/A is great but S/C is better in terms of tweaking, and the best thing is gaining big hp with small mods.

I'll go with the 6.3. It's lighter in weight than the old engine, and there is nothing stopping anyone from swaping in some low compression pistons and strapping on an SC/turbo :evil:

I would go for the 6.2
You forgot the 5.5 without supercharger :p By the way are they still selling that?

I'll go with the 6.3. It's lighter in weight than the old engine, and there is nothing stopping anyone from swaping in some low compression pistons and strapping on an SC/turbo :evil:

be prepared to spend big $$$ on the engine then. Where as the M113 will only need a pulley mod to gain some serious hp. Merc's N/A engine are not so nice to tune.

i heart me some unnatural aspiration

SLR engine by far, but I like the 55 engine a tiny bit more than the 63.

Supercharged! :wicked:

I'm biased but I vote for the 55 engine. The best thing about my dad's SL55 is the sound it makes.

Plus I hate how the new 63 engine has the logo on the side. Why is that necessary? The 55s never said 5.5 litres on the side.

Yeah, but they did say "V8 KOMPRESSOR" which is quite a few more letters. That said, I think the 5.4 wins it just because it's in the SLR and sounds like that. 6.2 is still a brilliant engine, though.