The cheapest HD dvd player

I made up my mind. I am going with the xbox 360 hd dvd player.

Where can I get the best deal online?

its too bad you missed the Best Buy deal where you could get Heroes season 1 on HDDVD for free witth the HD drive + 2 addl HD movies in the store if you did local pickup.

Nah, Blu-Ray is more future proofed and technically can deliver higher quality Audio and Video, which will make the enthusiast go for it.
That matters precisely: dick.

This is not an enthusiast's market. Unfortunately, I don't actually believe that HD VMD will win either (see my previous post on the first page) because people are stupid and will follow, like drones, whatever format the studios finally decide on.

There's really no way to tell who will win at this point.

Last edited:
I like to think myself as a geek, so if I've never heard of HD VMD then I'm pretty sure neither has any basic consumer.

From what I have read (will try to find links) HD-VMD will be great if it doesn't have region locking. Bollywood producers are signing with HD-VMD creators to have their movies only on DVD and HD-VMD. This is really big because Bollywood is huge in many countries like in Canada.

I like to think myself as a geek, so if I've never heard of HD VMD then I'm pretty sure neither has any basic consumer.
Pfft...I hereby revoke your geek status :p