The world is coming to an end...

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Hyundai is well know for making the crap rubbish cars.... Now take a look at this.

http://img222.imageshack.**/img222/518/07lahyundaicoupe0dg4.jpg

Its the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, revealed today at the LA Auto Show. It's not a replacement for the not-so-bad Tiburon, but a new model in their lineup. Engines available will be a turbo 4-cyl, and a 3.8L 300hp V6. The V6 one will be the cheapest 300hp RWD coupe on the roads. The production one will be revealed in March in New York. If it looks anything like that concept.......

thats not bad!

The Sonata is actually supposed to be a pretty good entry level sedan, so maybe this will at least have as good of build quality. I do wonder though if this may be a flop, Subaru tried to better their Image when they were similarly known for crappy little cars with a flashy but actually very well designed (besides the weight and early transmissions) SVX, and that didn't really work out so well from a sales point.

It looks good but if it comes out there will be a million of them on the road.

so? a cheap tunable RWD coupe shouldn't be everywhere? dude that would be awesome!

I think he meant more it will have the same sort of "too much to handle" image problem as the Miata.

what? the miata is AWESOME?! why do you think it's so popular with grassroots racers?

I know its a great car, but some of the people i knew who have bought Miatas and liked them the very most have needed convincing that it wasn't a shit car (took me about 2 years with one friend), simply because they all seemed sick of seeing so many of them on the road. I know it doesn't exactly make sense, but its the truth. Maybe partly because I live in Michigan and especially in the 90s there was alot of "Japan makes shit cars, Burn the dealership!!"

I welcome our apocalypse. :) Not only is this a Hyundai I wouldn't mind having, it's one I would seriously consider buying over something else. A Hyundai I would gladly spend money on? Wow!

I'm just saying not only do I get tired of buying them it rules the cool image of the sports car through the ability of everyone to have it.

That looks amazing, but it's just a concept. The actual car will still be good looking but obviously very toned down.

It's just history repeating itself. Japan was in the same position roughly 30 years ago, South Korea's getting into it now, and next will be Malaysia, India and China. They all started by copying others, were considered crap cars, but eventually will be there with the best of them in terms of reliability and build quality.

It's just history repeating itself. Japan was in the same position roughly 30 years ago, South Korea's getting into it now, and next will be Malaysia, India and China. They all started by copying others, were considered crap cars, but eventually will be there with the best of them in terms of reliability and build quality.

Definitely. I mean, with technology improving all the time and the cost of "old" electronics coming down, expect Hyundai and others to start making better cars.

That Hyundai does look good! :)

With Hyundai and starting to make these cars... Ford and Chrysler have their work cut out for them. GM at least has already started the turn around they need, and it may be just in time.

Hopefully this will trigger the other companies to start selling cheap RWD cars (preferably with very tunable engines).

The drifters will likely be all OVER this thing.

wow thats just.... bizzar... an hyundai looking good. being rear wheel drive. and having 300 hp ???? the worls really is coming to an end :(

Wow, with the 135i stickering for AT LEAST $35k, God, can I say this, I'm considering a Hyundai?