Headlights on the new Caddy Escalade Platinum

Do you really think the Escalade/Suburban is a true off road machine?

You can definitely get one built up so it's great off road, but the size and weight act against it. It was never meant to be a serious offroader.

I prefer the old Cadillac's with chrome, nice carpets, real wood on the interior etc. But enough about Cadillac in the past.

I have been in an Escalade and there were several things I noticed. The weird interior with all kinds of material/colour-mixes, lack of comfort and the car just screamed 'bad value for money'. There was only one available and it has been on sale for a LONG TIME, when I saw it from the outside the first time I thought: 'Woah that looks massive'. Now when I have been in it I thought: 'Where is the Cadillac?'.

Haven't driven it but judging by comments from several people here, I think I should be thankful that i didn't.

You can definitely get one built up so it's great off road, but the size and weight act against it. It was never meant to be a serious offroader.

That was more of a rhetoric. But thanks for your amusing reply. :p

Except that the Escalade IS a Cadillac. Can't forget that pesky fact.

There is nothing that really makes it stand out from the Yukon though. It has a little more power and costs a lot more.

Well the new Escalade doesn't have low range so it can't be a serious off-roader.

The old ones had weak chassis and a poor performing IFS setup so even if they did have low range they couldn't go any where.

While we're on the topic, would anyone happen to know the episode where JC reviews Escalade? I like to watch it again. At least I think there is one, maybe it was a Lincoln??

pedigree_bg.gif

You people sound like you're snobs at a dog show.

:roll:

I may quote Jeremy Clarkson: "Cadillacs are for pimps and pensioners. And that's an end of it."

it was richard who reviewed it and it's 4x02 @ 20:34

it wasn't Top Gear at all. it was The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. he tested the LR-RR, Cadillac Escalade, and the Hummer H2. the Escalade's low profile got it stuck while trying to go up an embankment. the H2 broke down (at least he made it seem like it did). the LR-RR made it to the very top.

it wasn't Top Gear at all. it was The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. he tested the LR-RR, Cadillac Escalade, and the Hummer H2. the Escalade's low profile got it stuck while trying to go up an embankment. the H2 broke down (at least he made it seem like it did). the LR-RR made it to the very top.

Well if you even checked the episode that was mentioned, you would see that the OLD Escalade was indeed tested by Hammond.

I swear, every straw has been split in this thread, and now only dust remains.

Dust, people! Dust!

Which is exactly what will be left of the EscalAHde if you take it off road.

Which is exactly what will be left of the EscalAHde if you take it off road.

Exactly. The Escalade is great for boulevard cruising, and nothing more. It has weird headlights, bad interior plastics and appeals to people who like the garish and obnoxious. If that person is you, well more power to ya. It's your money.

To quote, "there's an ass for every seat".

Exactly. The Escalade is great for boulevard cruising, and nothing more. It has weird headlights, bad interior plastics and appeals to people who like the garish and obnoxious. If that person is you, well more power to ya. It's your money.

To quote, "there's an ass for every seat".

Demand for Black Slades overseas is HUGE. We get a fair amount of escalade trades from people wanting to move up to a Range Rover and if the slade is black that is worth several thousand dollars more then any other color. Exporters will pay big, big money for Black Black Escalades.

Well if you even checked the episode that was mentioned, you would see that the OLD Escalade was indeed tested by Hammond.

he mentioned Jezza, not Top Gear or Hamster.

While we're on the topic, would anyone happen to know the episode where JC reviews Escalade? I like to watch it again. At least I think there is one, maybe it was a Lincoln??

that could of been taken both ways since both Jezza AND Hamster reviewed it.

Speaking of the escalade review, didn't they say something about bling wheels? Well those are BS kiddy wheels. This is true bling....
5rod-escalade.jpg

MUWAHAHAHA

Speaking of the escalade review, didn't they say something about bling wheels? Well those are BS kiddy wheels. This is true bling....
5rod-escalade.jpg

MUWAHAHAHA

this coming from a guy named "bigsweezey" lol.

this is real bling. when you can make 3 tons move in the 1/4 in high 12's with 24" rims, that's impressive....
[YOUTUBE]bCPbdlLijyM[/YOUTUBE]

but that truck is also from the same guys who can make a Mustang go 200+mph and the tuners of the fastest car on 10.5" tires (Livernois Motorsports).