Hennessey releases details on new supercar, the Venom GT (aka Exige S on steroids)

How come you only talk about the straight line speed the cars can achieve? Handling doesn't matter?

How come you only talk about the straight line speed the cars can achieve? Handling doesn't matter?

Its a concept. Handling is not really a subjective measurement, so it would be difficult to predict how well it handles. I have absolutely no clue if Hennessey can setup a cars suspension correctly when he does everything himself, so I am gonna say that it will most likely not be a Ferrari in the bends.

This brings up an interesting point, as I think Elmo187 really like to have absolute control over threads. In fact, it is that way with every thread he starts.

:|

hmmm....

weird.....

i just looked through all of the threads that i've created and not one have i tried to "control".

Apparently, you failed to look at this one..

no, what i'm doing here is trying to keep this thread UNDER control because it seems like everybody is keeps repeating the samething over and over again about how he's a crook actually had a Viper built by Hennessey and are EXTREMELY mad over it because they didn't get there car back in one piece.

my point.....

its like you guys were screwed over by him. but i've yet to see anyone in this thread own a Viper, let alone a Hennessey Venom.

Its a concept. Handling is not really a subjective measurement, so it would be difficult to predict how well it handles. I have absolutely no clue if Hennessey can setup a cars suspension correctly when he does everything himself, so I am gonna say that it will most likely not be a Ferrari in the bends.

To me, calling something an Exige S on steriods when the handling isn't the main advantage/plus-side, is an insult.

To me, calling something an Exige S on steriods when the handling isn't the main advantage/plus-side, is an insult.

Nonsense... if the Exige is so fast around the track with a ~200hp engine,
imagine how fast it would be if it had a jet engine with ~3000hp.

In fact, they could make it an off-road vehicle, and go as fast with TWO ~3000hp
engines. Now that would be a great exige S. Only it would be better if it looked like
a pick-up truck from Ford.

soo all that power in a lotus elise ish body

straight away i think that the sub 2.5 second 0-60 will not happen. unless its gonna have the widest tyres ever i cant see how there will be enough grip to unleash all that fury with not alot of weight pressing down on the rear.

it'll either muller the tyres into smoke, or TC is gonna have to reign it in or the driver will have to be a clutch magician

i predict wheel spin in all gears loL!

im guessing their aiming for 2.5 cos thats the veyrons suposed 0-60 time.... to be honest i dont think the veyron can do 2.5 seconds repeatably,

ill be honest though, i've never liked hennesy stuff.... it may or may not be the case but their efforts (to me) have a kind of barn door aurora around them. like they take a viper, an already brutally fast machine (though not one that has particularly sophisticated handling) and then they just slap on some turbos, crank the boost, paint it black and call it a day.

Last edited:

I think you might have lost sight of what "on steroids" really means. The last time I checked, taking steroids wasn't very good, in fact, they make most aspects of what makes a human any good, worse - dexterity, insight, memory, the lot. They only really improve raw muscle power.

So I don't see how "Exige on steroids" would be a wrong label, if handling being subpar does indeed turn out to be true. If anything, it'd be spot on. ;)

no, what i'm doing here is trying to keep this thread UNDER control because it seems like everybody is keeps repeating the samething over and over again about how he's a crook actually had a Viper built by Hennessey and are EXTREMELY mad over it because they didn't get there car back in one piece.
Whoa, take a breath there bud :lol:. It seems like we're repeating the same thing over and over in response to your posts. Let it go.

Reputation aside, I'm interested to see where Hennessey goes with this. He's got the opportunity to build a real supercar from the ground up, like Saleen did with the S7. Building the car around a massive 2,000hp V10 might be a wee bit overkill though. I think he should set his sights quite a bit lower (focus on reliability and leave a little growing room), because no matter what he does with the chassis and suspension it will be impossible to drive with that much power.

Nonsense... if the Exige is so fast around the track with a ~200hp engine,
imagine how fast it would be if it had a jet engine with ~3000hp.

In fact, they could make it an off-road vehicle, and go as fast with TWO ~3000hp
engines. Now that would be a great exige S. Only it would be better if it looked like
a pick-up truck from Ford.

hahahahah! great :D

oh....my.....fucking.....god.....

this thread needs to die already.

*humming "Catch Hell Blues" by The White Stripes *

See children, this is why some people should not be allowed to make threads.

:p

Vette Boss, you should move to Britain sooner than later...

*humming "Catch Hell Blues" by The White Stripes *

See children, this is why some people should not be allowed to make threads.

:p

John Hennessey is the greatest person alive.

:comfort:

Just when I thought this thread was all out of funny ... :lmao:!

More views of the Hennessey Venom GT

We showed you an initial concept sketch of the Hennessey Venom GT last month, and the tuner best known for building ridiculously powerful Dodge Vipers has released another pair of pics, this time showing the mid-engine concept's rear with its retractable spoiler both up and down. In our previous post, we mentioned the undeniable likeness that the Venom GT shares with the Lotus Elise, which is also on display from this angle. We can also see just how extreme the car's design is, with a carbon fiber rear diffuser that we're sure isn't just for show and twin tail pipes that exit up high between the taillights. Carbon fiber skirts also peek out the sides below the massive air intake for the mid-mounted twin-turbo Viper engine and the extra-wide air extractor vents behind the front wheels. It seems clear to us that Hennessey intends to make a go of building its own exotic, just like Saleen did with the S7, and we hear two cars will be built to show potential customers in 2009. With a power-to-weight ratio of 2.7 lbs. per horsepower, a 2,700 lbs. curb weight, and an estimated 0-62 time of 2.5 seconds, we don't expect the Venom GT will be a tough sell.

venom-gt-rear.wing.up.jpg

Fucking Lotus copiers. If Lotus were given the same engine, they would blow that Hennessey out of the universe.

Fucking Lotus copiers. If Lotus were given the same engine, they would blow that Hennessey out of the universe.

It isn't only Lotus they are copying. Those rear lights are amazingly similar to the F430's.