Information about pick-up trucks

How would you like it if someone banned you from buying a nice stereo because you didnt need it, or a big tv because you didnt need it? DO you want the government dictating what you can or can't buy?

A nice stereo or big TV doesn't consume a finite resource, or pollute like an SUV does.

A nice stereo or big TV doesn't consume a finite resource, or pollute like an SUV does.

So the electricity used by these comes only from renewable resources and they are made from factory worker's dead skin cells (like the solar panels/wind-water-geothermal turbines for the electricity)?

Banning items hasn't worked to well in the past, nor should it be a goal of a liberal society.

So the electricity used by these comes only from renewable resources and they are made from factory worker's dead skin cells (like the solar panels/wind-water-geothermal turbines for the electricity)?

Banning items hasn't worked to well in the past, nor should it be a goal of a liberal society.

Feh. By "like" I meant "not at the same level", not "as opposed to". Yes, of course electricity has to come from somewhere. But it is always more efficient to make energy on a large scale than a minute one. And electricity can come from renewable resources.

You know people, a truck is more than just a convenience for some of us. True, I don't use the bed to haul things every damn day of the year, but I need it often enough that I HAVE TO HAVE A TRUCK. From a recreational point of view, I suppose my family doesn't HAVE to go camping or fishing or hunting or whatever, but to get the places we go you HAVE to have a truck. If I could afford to keep both a car (with better economy for around town) and a truck (for hauling and whatnot) I would. But I can't, so it's the truck. For a lot of us a truck isn't just a gas-guzzling look-at-me extravagance. Yes, I wish it got better gas mileage, but the necessity outweighs the costs. All you lofty-minded tree-hugging truck and SUV haters try looking at it from another perspective for once in your lives. I agree that tons of people don't need the glitzy SUV or shiny new truck they drive, but there are MANY of us who don't have much choice.

BTW: How did a simple question about trucks turn into a truck/SUV bashing thread? If you want to bash, start another thread so we can ignore it.

what the fuck did i just say? do i REALLY have to quote it?

ok, i will......

oh and your comment about it not having many mods for it.....

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennesseyperformance/ListItems.php?cart=vPPdGofO&DoThis=Jeep+SRT8+HEMI&ActionReq=Where

that seems like alot of mods to me.

oh and btw....

JGC SRT/8 0-60 time: 4.8
TB/SS 0-60 time: around 5 seconds. in every magazine test it was in, it never ever touched the 4 second mark. especially with the AWD version. the fastest was 5.3 and that was with AutoBlog.

Your making really bad points, Elmo.

Okay. So.. less than a half a second slower to 60, but 10k less..... IMO you can take 10k. drop that into mods, (which you wouldnt even HAVE to spend it all) and your walking right passed the SRT8 and running 11s-12s in the 1/4... with only a few mods.

Your making a bad arguement defending the SRT.. i just stated it cant offroad, or tow, or has any space and is really expensive. If your gonna spend that money, WHY NOT GET A CAR? thats my point. Your driving an SUV that cant do ANYTHING an SUV should. So WHY ON EARTH BUY IT? "A Sports SUV" Who NEEDS a sports SUV if it isnt an SUV?! Atleast the TBSS can do everything the SRT cant and still be priced very well.

Get what im saying? jesus, clean the wax out of your ears.

You know people, a truck is more than just a convenience for some of us. True, I don't use the bed to haul things every damn day of the year, but I need it often enough that I HAVE TO HAVE A TRUCK. From a recreational point of view, I suppose my family doesn't HAVE to go camping or fishing or hunting or whatever, but to get the places we go you HAVE to have a truck. If I could afford to keep both a car (with better economy for around town) and a truck (for hauling and whatnot) I would. But I can't, so it's the truck. For a lot of us a truck isn't just a gas-guzzling look-at-me extravagance. Yes, I wish it got better gas mileage, but the necessity outweighs the costs. All you lofty-minded tree-hugging truck and SUV haters try looking at it from another perspective for once in your lives. I agree that tons of people don't need the glitzy SUV or shiny new truck they drive, but there are MANY of us who don't have much choice.

BTW: How did a simple question about trucks turn into a truck/SUV bashing thread? If you want to bash, start another thread so we can ignore it.
I agree 100% and know exactly how you feel.

Your making really bad points, Elmo.

Okay. So.. less than a half a second slower to 60, but 10k less..... IMO you can take 10k. drop that into mods, (which you wouldnt even HAVE to spend it all) and your walking right passed the SRT8 and running 11s-12s in the 1/4... with only a few mods.

Your making a bad arguement defending the SRT.. i just stated it cant offroad, or tow, or has any space and is really expensive. If your gonna spend that money, WHY NOT GET A CAR? thats my point. Your driving an SUV that cant do ANYTHING an SUV should. So WHY ON EARTH BUY IT? "A Sports SUV" Who NEEDS a sports SUV if it isnt an SUV?! Atleast the TBSS can do everything the SRT cant and still be priced very well.

Get what im saying? jesus, clean the wax out of your ears.

wow, here we go with comparing tuned cars to stock cars. good job on making a pointless.....point.

GM fanboy anyone?

wow, here we go with comparing tuned cars to stock cars. good job on making a pointless.....point.

GM fanboy anyone?

I make a point, and you blow it off.

For .4 seconds faster truck, that is utterly USELESS, you can get a non useless truck for 10k less.

I dont see how anyone would want the useless truck. But to all you, its gotta be about the name and speed. Money for speed is NEVER a factor.

[YOUTUBE]k3ygYUYia9I[/YOUTUBE]

Bigger = Safer? I think not. SUV's are seen as trucks in the eyes of the (US) law, and not subject to the same laws governing things such as crash safety or economy that cars are.

My camry might be destroyed, but you'll be eating dash if you're lucky, and small block if you're not. I've seen it personally.

Ehhh that has more do do with MODERN safety features then mass. I will be one of the first to say that Big does not equal safe but at the same time you can't always say a large SUV can't be safe.

LR3_2.jpg

http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=22622&highlight=Land+Rover

That LR3 was hit by a LS400 and obviously the LS weight less then the LR3 by about a 1,000 lbs but there was no chance for the LR3 driver do dodge the Lexus. The head on collision happened near the top of a hill. The Lexus came over the top of the hill in the wrong lane and the driver of the LR3 had NO TIME TO REACT. I have insanely quick reflexes and have done several on road as well as off road driving schools and I couldn't possibly have dodged that Lexus. Even in my previous daily Driver a MINI Cooper S which is extremely light weight and very tossable I don't think I could have dodged that Lexus. I might have been able to turn the head on collision into a glancing one but that is it.

Oh and to reply to all the Jeep SRT8, Trailblazer SS, Cayenne S crap if you want a real performance SUV that can actually do well off road by a Supercharged Range Rover Sport.

[YOUTUBE]TVoNPfuaWAY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KPtHt2_lE70[/YOUTUBE]
Buddy of mine from my range Rover forum

[YOUTUBE]qe24Fh5nLu0[/YOUTUBE]

Another guy from my Range Rover forum.

[YOUTUBE]L1oI3BDiOkQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I dont trust a Land Roves reliability. And the RR Sport really isnt that quick, especially for the money.

I dont trust a Land Roves reliability. And the RR Sport really isnt that quick, especially for the money.

You don't buy a Land Rover for speed.

You are making every GM fan look like an idiot. Stop it for once. That "Envoy" you showed had an aftermarket lift kit and tires. Grow the fuck up and get out of here with your TBSS praising like it is the fucking god of all vehicles.

FUCK!!!

I cant. Its not built for that.

But i can show you an Envoy who does more extreme stuff than that in probably the same comfort for a good chunk less of the price.

http://www.btunnel.com/index.php/10...a1aaba652a0fc5df018999e775b129d039570dd15670#

:lol:

OH....MY....FUCKING....GOD!!!

do you realize what you have just posted?

ITS A MODDED VEHICLE THAT SITS 12FT IN THE FUCKING AIR! you're comparing that to a STOCK Land Rover.

why do you continue to do this? its ABSOLUTELY pointless to compare stock to HEAVILY modded.

stop being a damn GM fanboy. its quite annoying.

oh and one more thing....

take a look at the terrain where the Envoy is and then take a look at the pic of where the LR-RR Sport is. ooooh! wow, an Envoy can go over smoothed out boulders! thats AWESOME! if you're going to at least try and make a point that the TB/Envoy is a better vehicle when heavily modded, find a video with a better and much more vertical terrain with jagged rocks sticking up.

Last edited:
My main issue rests with pick-up drivers who get this sense they just own the road. They weave around other motorists like an old granny, sewing a scarf, they show complete disregard for others. This usually happens with younger men, in their early-mid 20s or so.

I somehow get the impression you were implying me, lol. But my 3500 isn't a dually, its just the single rear wheels. but it is a Mega cab. so its pretty damn
long.

http://img98.imageshack.**/img98/8431/3500dodgeiu3.jpg

oh yeah, forgot to post this.....
[YOUTUBE]4WhMLuSb8pU[/YOUTUBE]

and don't bring up the fact that it has aftermarket tires. its still the stock height and the suspension hasn't been messed with.

OH....MY....FUCKING....GOD!!!

do you realize what you have just posted?

ITS A MODDED VEHICLE THAT SITS 12FT IN THE FUCKING AIR! you're comparing that to a STOCK Land Rover.

why do you continue to do this? its ABSOLUTELY pointless to compare stock to HEAVILY modded.

stop being a damn GM fanboy. its quite annoying.

oh and one more thing....

take a look at the terrain where the Envoy is and then take a look at the pic of where the LR-RR Sport is. ooooh! wow, an Envoy can go over smoothed out boulders! thats AWESOME! if you're going to at least try and make a point that the TB/Envoy is a better vehicle when heavily modded, find a video with a better and much more vertical terrain with jagged rocks sticking up.

It was a JOKE.

Oh my lord you guys get serious about cars. CHILL OUT THEY ARE THINGS. You act like we are debating abortion or somthing.