Veyron out of juice

I guess there is some truth in judging peoples personalities by the cars they drive. With that said i still prefer loneliness to be hated, so i think we're still better off then M3 drivers.

:lmao: Maybe it's a Toyota owner thing. At 250mph, you go 80 miles in 19 minutes, 65 in 15 minutes and 50 in 12 minutes. Christ, I could get to Kansas City in like 24 minutes. Well, not including stopping to get gas and changing tires.

unrelated to gas, it must suck owning a veyron long term.

every time you really drive the car fast you have to pretty much hire a bugatti team of engineers to assure the car is still good for more going :lol:

Reactions: lip
Is that Las Vegas of Phoenix?

Vegas. The billboard in the back has a Norm Clarke ad for the Review-Journal, a local newspaper.

ZOMG I'M USEFUL!

O RLY? Where did you get this false information?

If you've ever heard Jeremy talk about the Veyron, the thing he puts the most emphasis on is that the Veyron is built to be able to do the top speed on a regular basis for years and years... he mentions how everything, from the tires to the transmission, were designed to sustain 250 mph over a long period of time.

In fact, that's the one thing that makes the Veyron special. You can build yourself some POS Skyline with 1,000hp that will probably even beat a Veyron in a straight line for 1/10 the price, but you'd probably be buying a new engine every other month. The Veyron is a luxury car , but as it happens you can also drive it at the speed of light regularly for as long as you own it, with regular scheduled maintenance like any car needs.

unrelated to gas, it must suck owning a veyron long term.

every time you really drive the car fast you have to pretty much hire a bugatti team of engineers to assure the car is still good for more going :lol:

Last edited:
O RLY? Where did you get this false information?

If you've ever heard Jeremy talk about the Veyron, the thing he puts the most emphasis on is that the Veyron is built to be able to do the top speed on a regular basis for years and years... he mentions how everything, from the tires to the transmission, were designed to sustain 250 mph over a long period of time.

In fact, that's the one thing that makes the Veyron special. You can build yourself some POS Skyline with 1,000hp that will probably even beat a Veyron in a straight line for 1/10 the price, but you'd probably be buying a new engine every other month. The Veyron is a luxury car , but as it happens you can also drive it at the speed of light regularly for as long as you own it, with regular scheduled maintenance like any car needs.

Regular scheduled maintenance, but what are the service intervals at that kind of speed?

It's definitely a fantastic piece of engineering, but there are serious limits, and there's only so much they can do to get around them. Unfortunately. :(

Look how hard it is for dedicated race cars to finish the 24 hrs of Le Mans. These cars are built expressly for that purpose and their engines get rebuilt after 24 hrs of racing. They dont have to last 200,000 miles like the average chevy smallblock, and yet tehy still cant take the punishment.

The only thing Bugatti has going for them here is that they're not necessarily at the limits of competition at any given moment, but they still have to deal with the shortcomings of street tires, and many other sacrifices that have to be made in order to make the car "practical" that takes away from its prowess a hyperspeed cruiser even though it may do that very well.

That said, nothing against the Veyron, it's a fantastic car that will likely never be topped, at least not by anything with an internal combustion engine. It's a shame it's so ugly, though. :?

InternalVortex: 24 hr Le Mans cars don't cost 10 million USD to make EACH.

Its funny, but still no need to be smart about it i would of helped the guy out then would of had a laugh about it with him. Hopefully no one scratched the paint while pushing :S.

would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have would have

So I'm bored - emptying the 26 gallon tank in 19 minutes at 253mph works out to just over 3 MPG.

your math is right, but considering it takes some time to get to top speed (think aout the time in the TG segment and May was obviously going flatout) theres already going to be some fuel consumption by the time th car hits 253 mpg, so in fact its going to be Significantly LESS than 26 gallons emptying in 19 min a 253 mph which means fuel consumption at max speed is definitely under 3 mpg, maybe a lo less. its pretty clear that beyond 150 mph, the amount of work and fuel consumed by the engine is going up exponentially as it reaches top speed.