Finally: 2009 Ford Focus RS

FWD in a 280hp 400nm car would be ridiculous. At least if you want it to drive properly.. :p

But this sounds seriously sexy. The current ST is a very cool car.. Can't wait to get some more details on this one.. :)

FWD in a 280hp 400nm car would be ridiculous. At least if you want it to drive properly.. :p

magazines have said nothing but good things about the Caliber SRT/4. that includes the handling. the Caliber SRT/4 is FWD with a 280hp engine.

magazines have said nothing but good things about the Caliber SRT/4. that includes the handling. the Caliber SRT/4 is FWD with a 280hp engine.

And what magazines would those be? Everyone I've seen, including the heavy bias ones, all said it torque steers so bad it might as well be on auto pilot. It's at the bottom of any comparison between it and anything with near 200hp or more at the wheels in that class.

^ plus if they actually made this car AWD like they SHOULD it won't compete with the Mazdaspeed3 it will compete with the EVO STi and R32 like they said in the press release. How much say does ford have in any decisions mazda makes anyway? I mean i know they own a part of the company but i thought it was only like 30% or something. I would pray all day and all night for a crappy FWD Focus RS if it gets me an AWD 2.3TFSi Mazdaspeed3 in 2009-2010

EDIT: Ford owns 33.4% of Mazda which is a controlling intrest... still how much say does that give them?
I believe having a "controlling interest" pretty much means they can dictate which way Mazda goes.

Ford's purchase of the stake in Mazda to 33.4% was specifically intended to provide them "management control." (their term, not mine).

Steve