McLaren espionage hearing

I want Ferrari to shut up and forget about it.

I want all the Mclaren fans to read the ADMISSION OF GUILT AND APOLOGY issued by Mclaren.

For the record, I like Mclaren, I just dislike Ron Dennis. Bruce is turning over in his grave!

I want all the Mclaren fans to read the ADMISSION OF GUILT AND APOLOGY issued by Mclaren.

Ehh, read it. I'm not convinced by anything it has to say. It's obvious the team only circulated the letter to get the FIA off their back. Its a PR stunt which has now allowed them to continue in the 2008 championship unharassed, and improves their commercial situation. Say what you like.

For the record, I like Mclaren, I just dislike Ron Dennis. Bruce is turning over in his grave!

It isnt really the same team though. The old McLaren organisation under Teddy Mayer was dying a slow death. Ron Dennis and his Project 4 operations gave the team a much needed lifeline. It brought in Saudi backing and retained the Marlboro sponsorship which the team was in imminent danger of losing. Dennis has done an awful lot of good for McLaren.

Yeah, the apology was clearly just to be able to compete without problems in 08...the whole case should just be forgotten, we should move on...

^ wow, that was harsh! :D

I think I'm like most fans who want to see F1 get back to racing. There's always been a cross pollination of team members - just like in any industry. Unless they start forcing people to sign no compete clause (ie. if you leave one team you can't get a job with another), it's going to happen.

the entire statement, and no car launch, was just to act humble - I don't believe they meant it.

I see two blind Mclaren fanboys

Until 2007 I was an avid Ferrari fan, but the stuff they've been doing is just stupid. They should stop whining, and get rid of their little helpers,the FIA.

I see two blind Mclaren fanboys

Then you need glasses. I follow no team but the whole McLaren "apology" was a PR stunt to get FIA off their back as Red Bull mentioned. McLaren haven't "admitted" anything. They were clearly offered a deal and it made smart business sense to take it, which they did. I am just glad the whole thing is over.

Reactions: TC
^ you think it's over? It'll never be over. 5 years from now if a McLaren wins a race, there'll be someone saying it's because they have Ferrari technology on the car :idiot:

Reactions: TC
Of course. But they won't.

Mosley doesn't believe Dennis
23 December 2007

FIA president Max Mosley says he believes it is likely that McLaren team principal Ron Dennis was aware of just how far his team had been compromised by the spy scandal earlier this year, despite maintaining he knew nothing.

"Once can only say it's extremely improbable that Ron Dennis didn't know about it," Mosley told the Guardian newspaper. "Every time I speak to him he still reassures me that he would never lie, that he has never lied and that he hasn't lied to us."

"When you've known someone for 40 years it's difficult to say, 'Well, I don't believe you.' But in the end no hard-nosed lawyer or policeman would believe it for a second. I'm probably being a bit of a wimp about it."

Mosley went on to deny that he doesn't like Ron Dennis.

"I quite like him," Mosley maintained. "But I do despise - I think that's probably the right word - his attitude to Formula One, when he says, for example, that he's passionate about Formula One. That's not true. He's passionate about McLaren finishing first and second in every race, which is his job, but it's not the same thing as being passionate about formula one and it's foolish to pretend that it is."

Source

Oh I bet Ron's just crying himself to sleep over that...

Max Mosley said:
But I do despise - I think that's probably the right word - his attitude to Formula One, when he says, for example, that he's passionate about Formula One. That's not true.

I could say the same thing about you Max...

Last edited:
Anyone still think McLaren are the innocent victims here? They should be banned for 2008.

Anyone still think McLaren are the innocent victims here? They should be banned for 2008.
As a McLaren fan I would actually have preferred that just so that everyone could start hating on Ferrari again.

I'm not going to buy ever again, word by word, any statement coming from Ron Dennis or Martin Whitmarsh. That's for sure. I'm truly listening to the statements of only one man in the paddock, probably the best source of realistic opinions, Pat Symonds.

I'm not going to buy ever again, word by word, any statement coming from Ron Dennis or Martin Whitmarsh. That's for sure. I'm truly listening to the statements of only one man in the paddock, probably the best source of realistic opinions, Pat Symonds.
lol