Mitsubishi Prototype X concept

Let me just say WOW! I absolutly love the styling, it just screams menace and agression, just like an evo should. Im also pleased to see that they've done away with the cheap and nasty, shitty lookin interior. The new one actually looks alright. Kinda looks like a mazda 3 or 6

Well if the Evo X ends up looking anything like this while the new Impreza ends up looking like it does in the available pictures... Then it looks as if in the war of Evo vs Impreza Mitsubishi drop the a-bomb at the same time Subaru wave their white flag...

I was just looking at that first pic going, "why does that make me think 'Volvo'?" and so I searched and I think the grille, rear trunk area, roofline, hood, mirrors, proportions and to a lesser extend headlights are similar.

IMO it looks like a new generation volvo and not a continuation of the Lancer. No they aren't exactly the same, but it looks like that lancer could take on a Volvo badge just as easily.

First thing popping into my mind was "Volvo" as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one,
but I just wish the Japanese would once bite the bullet
and try actually producing something so extraordinary.
The exterior is not much removed from the concept at all, but I really liked the concept interior. I wanted to see them build something with that big chunk of aluminum on the dash lol. I used to really hate the EVO X styling, but it's growing on me. The RalliArt version looks much better imho though. Maybe I just like it more because the new Impreza looks so pathetic.

Good info.
I wish they'd bring more than the 300hp GSR to Finland but I highly doubt it.

Man that front does look good.

/drool

But, chances are, the image of such an awesome car is going to be sullied by the stereotypical douchebag Evo owners, the ones with their hats on back-to-front.

Still, me wants.

We're supposed to be getting a Evo X sometime in January I believe, and I'm not looking foward to it...

I don't like the Lancer GTS, I doubt I'd like a Evo. Hell the GTS needs to die a horrible, horrible death IMO. Its cheap, has no guts and drives like ass (the GTS I mean) The only real change between the GTS and the Evo will be the HP, and 300hp in a shitbox, just makes it a fast shitbox. STi has always been the nicer of the two anyway.

We're supposed to be getting a Evo X sometime in January I believe, and I'm not looking foward to it...

I don't like the Lancer GTS, I doubt I'd like a Evo. Hell the GTS needs to die a horrible, horrible death IMO. Its cheap, has no guts and drives like ass (the GTS I mean) The only real change between the GTS and the Evo will be the HP, and 300hp in a shitbox, just makes it a fast shitbox. STi has always been the nicer of the two anyway.

HEY! It's not a shitbox!

It's an good handling, fast, AWD shitbox. Get it right, next time. We don't want it being confused with other fast shitboxes like the HHR SS, Cobalt SS, Caliber SRT-4, or Civic Si.

You live in New Jersey and drive a CV. What do YOU know?

sopranos460.jpg

I wouldn't say that if I were you, man...with credentials like that, he's probably the one on the left.
:D

The fat ugly one?

Little Stevens a BADASS!!, you wouldn't know though, because his radioshow doesn't play in eastern Europe :mrgreen:, so BAH!

vanzandt,0.jpg

Yeah, and the only reason he's on the radio is because he's fat and ugly. :p

But we digress, back on topic:

As has always been the case, the FQ-300 is the true contender against the STi, seeing as the base one develops less hp and is heavier. Now if only Mitsu can get the final kinks @ redline out of the engine, we can go back to kicking some scooby arse!

You can make an evo faster, but you can't make an sti cooler.

:lol:

Now if only Mitsu can get the final kinks @ redline out of the engine, we can go back to kicking some scooby arse!
I seriously doubt that it will be a problem on the production cars; it sounded like their prototype just had some hiccups. But then again, that's the least of the cars problems :p. And while just a couple years ago I would have said that, without a doubt, the Subaru was the better car, now they're both hideous, ever-growing shitboxes :lol:.