PS3 or Xbox 360

Why it does't come with it in the box is a total joke

I chose the Xbox cause of the better game selection. My only complaint: sound is annoyingly loud!

Yh im total dumbfounded why Sony don't have a HDMI cable in the PS3 pack, what about the audio cables would i need to also buy some better quality ones if im going to use Dolby Digital 5.1?

Dont mind about the games cause sister gets PS2 now. :p

Yh im total dumbfounded why Sony don't have a HDMI cable in the PS3 pack, what about the audio cables would i need to also buy some better quality ones if im going to use Dolby Digital 5.1?

HDMI does audio also

Just depend on the games you like. For me I'm waiting for GT5, so definitely PS3 for me. But it seems like each day PS3 is losing exclusives like Ace Combat 6 to the Xbox 360, so the 360 might have a better game selection later on than the PS3.

I went to get advice on the two consoles today, Played both of them (PS3 vs. 360 Elite) Forza 2 Vs. GT5 Demo, the graphics of forza 2 were quite good, but i was completely blown away by GT5, its so life-like its almost unreal. Was told that the PS3 will have many more titles than the xbox in the next 12months (also read this in loads of sites), with some great titles out now, namely Need for speed ProStreet, Call of Duty 4 and titles on the way such as GT5, GTA-IV the new Metal Gear Solid and Getaway game. Also was so impressed with the look of the shiney sleek PS3 rather than the matt black 360

Also got some info on the PS3's brand new online gaming community (dubbed "Home"). Its basically your online profile, with avatar. The avatar will be your own pad, appartment in the PS3 virtual world. and i was pleased to learn that its completely free with more inclusive features than Xbox-live, its got a very similar interface to the Sims games. Users will be able to challenge other users to online game championships much like Xbox-live.

Some info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Home

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/07/pl...playstation-3/

Its a fairly big purchase so i still need to think this one over but the PS3 is nudging ahead so far

Metal Gear should be something to be admired, I remember when the last MGS game came out for the PS2 from the back of the 2nd which franckly was pretty awful, snake eater was a fantastic game one of the best for the 2. As for Getaway bought that for the PS2 as soon as it was realeased, seen the visulas and that hooked me in. 40quid for a damn awful game what surpised me was the 2nd in the series was even more awful so I have looked at the visuals for the PS3's but I am more reserved not expecting anything great.

I went to get advice on the two consoles today, Played both of them (PS3 vs. 360 Elite) Forza 2 Vs. GT5 Demo, the graphics of forza 2 were quite good, but i was completely blown away by GT5, its so life-like its almost unreal. Was told that the PS3 will have many more titles than the xbox in the next 12months (also read this in loads of sites), with some great titles out now, namely Need for speed ProStreet, Call of Duty 4 and titles on the way such as GT5, GTA-IV the new Metal Gear Solid and Getaway game. Also was so impressed with the look of the shiney sleek PS3 rather than the matt black 360

Also got some info on the PS3's brand new online gaming community (dubbed "Home"). Its basically your online profile, with avatar. The avatar will be your own pad, appartment in the PS3 virtual world. and i was pleased to learn that its completely free with more inclusive features than Xbox-live, its got a very similar interface to the Sims games. Users will be able to challenge other users to online game championships much like Xbox-live.

Some info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Home

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/07/pl...playstation-3/

Its a fairly big purchase so i still need to think this one over but the PS3 is nudging ahead so far

Meh Home, I keep on hearing how awesome it's going to be but to me it seems like one big advertising tool for sony

COD4, ProStreet are out on on 360 as well and GTA4 is coming to 360 as well

I am not a xbox fan boy would not recommend a console to any1 like a lot of pple have posted b4 me it is down to a individuals needs and wants. As a game console and only as a game console, hit or miss is the most successful console is the most popular console. Every unit sold one way or the other is one less potential buyer for the other. You can go on about HDMI, DTS, 1080p, 1080i and Blue-Ray not pertically relivent to the lastabily of a machine is figures. I remeber VHS being of inferiour quality tro Beta. This quote I found sums up my feelings on the subject.

"The Wii has overtaken Xbox 360 to become the best-selling games console in the world, according to figures from VG Chartz (nice name btw), a sales monitoring website. VG Chartz site claims that the Wii now controls 41.6 per cent of the market with 10.57 million consoles sold, while the Xbox 360 has been pushed into second place with 10.51 million sales or 41.4 per cent market share.

As for the hapless PlayStation 3, lets just say it sits below Michigan this weekend at the bottom of everyones charts with only 4.32 million consoles sold, capturing just 17 per cent of the next-generation gaming market."

If you are running it to a receiver that doesn't have HDMI passthrough, you'll need a digital TOSLINK optical audio cable to connect the receiver to the PS3.

I am not a xbox fan boy would not recommend a console to any1 like a lot of pple have posted b4 me it is down to a individuals needs and wants. As a game console and only as a game console, hit or miss is the most successful console is the most popular console. Every unit sold one way or the other is one less potential buyer for the other. You can go on about HDMI, DTS, 1080p, 1080i and Blue-Ray not pertically relivent to the lastabily of a machine is figures. I remeber VHS being of inferiour quality tro Beta. This quote I found sums up my feelings on the subject.

"The Wii has overtaken Xbox 360 to become the best-selling games console in the world, according to figures from VG Chartz (nice name btw), a sales monitoring website. VG Chartz site claims that the Wii now controls 41.6 per cent of the market with 10.57 million consoles sold, while the Xbox 360 has been pushed into second place with 10.51 million sales or 41.4 per cent market share.

As for the hapless PlayStation 3, lets just say it sits below Michigan this weekend at the bottom of everyones charts with only 4.32 million consoles sold, capturing just 17 per cent of the next-generation gaming market."

While the Wii has the highest sales, the games on it doesn't interest me at all. I've played some surgeon game on the Wii at my friend's house, it bores me to death. The motion sensing Wiimote has serious lag, the graphics is no better than PS2. I think the Wii's sales is so high is mainly because people are just buying it as a second console.

Meh Home, I keep on hearing how awesome it's going to be but to me it seems like one big advertising tool for sony

COD4, ProStreet are out on on 360 as well and GTA4 is coming to 360 as well

yeah but is GT5 coming to the 360 too?? Nope :mrgreen:

yeah but is GT5 coming to the 360 too?? Nope :mrgreen:

It's been allmost a year since the PS3 came out and people still wait for GT5 and MGS4? :| So isn't there anything else to wait for? Personally if I was buying a console I would buy the 360. No matter how much better the ps3 is the better games will allways be on the box.

PS. Home, is just Habbo Hotel gone 3D. It is for preteens and sick perverts.

Hi everyone, first post.

This is always a tough discussion, but here's my two cents, admittedly I haven't really thought it out but here's my initial thoughts:

-The PS3's controller is much like the PS2's controller, which I really liked and it's familiar. I've played an XBOX360 and I hated how the big controller felt bloated in my hand.

-Metal Gear Solid 4. Yeah, I know, it's only one game, but I love the series and having a console that won't have it would always bother me.

-XBOX360 is made by Microsoft, and all I know is that computers freeze up, while I've never had my PS2 freeze up.

Also, I think comparing graphics between the two is unfair, since the PS3 just came out while the XBOX360 has been out long enough for game developers to figure out how to squeeze the most graphics out of it. If you want to compare graphics, compare a PS3 game with a first-generation XBOX360 game, not a recent one.

Getting myself a 360 this week. PS3 can wait until GT5 comes out, maybe they'll have revised hardware and better prices by then.

Also, I think comparing graphics between the two is unfair, since the PS3 just came out while the XBOX360 has been out long enough for game developers to figure out how to squeeze the most graphics out of it. If you want to compare graphics, compare a PS3 game with a first-generation XBOX360 game, not a recent one.
There's a thousand arguments that are waiting to come out at you once you start putting in qualifications like that. Could also argue that PS3 is newer, and should have better graphics hardware. The games coming out for it OUGHT to look better, and it'd be sorry if they aren't.

Personally I'd just compare the best eye candy on either console and be done with it, 1st gen games, latest games, all are welcome.

Good point, didn't think about that. Kind of makes me long for the days when 16-bit was up against 16-bit and the hardware was pretty much the same so it was easier to compare graphics; now there's different chips, engines, lasers, and it's hard to make sense out of all the numbers console manufacturers throw to the marketing department.