How much Americans can take TG

I'm American and I love Top Gear. I actually do like JC's comments, they are no different than the insults Jon Stewart makes toward America during the Daily Show. Then again, I am an American with a sense of humor and do not mind the stereotypes of dropped on our country (we are indeed fat) and our cars (they are indeed made of plastic and are crappy). In fact, JC's comments on American cars summarizes my whole view of American cars and why I dread when I have to travel and made to rent one.

are you seriously that retarded?:blink:

if you hate Americans cars THAT much, goto an American car forum and do that. but you're on an automotive enthusiast/British car show fanatic site that consists of people from all around the world including Americans with American cars.

Uh, calm down. The guy gets to have his opinion. I drive an American car, but my German car kicks it's azz in every way, from ride, comfort, build quality, on and on. Clarkson is almost spot on in his reviews of American cars. Comparatively speaking, they are horrific. Though if you watched the last episode, the car of the year was a Ford and a Subaru. So at least he likes one or two of them.

If you think American cars are still the pinnacle of automotive excellence, you, like the American car companies, are burying your head in the sand. They have a long long way to go. Sadly, they don't have that much time to get there.

I live in US now, and obviously I love TG. So I plan to invite some of my friends (which might or might not be interested in cars) to share it. The problem is, JC made a lot of anti-US judgments in the show, and I personally is not born in US (even though I do love US as a country now). So I doubt how much can an average American take it. Opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.

I'm a Brit living in the USA. Everyone I show it to are absolutely addicted.

Basically, the kind of American that JC gets at are the kind of people whose British equivalents don't like TG either. So it's no different. My friends all realise that the stereotypes Clarkson leans on don't apply to them, so why would they be offended?

And if you do fall into the stereotype - you wouldn't want to watch it anyway, you'd be too busy eating chips, loading your gun and polishing your crap muscle car.

It's hilarious how people refer to 'Americans' as if it's just one kind of person... and seriously appear to believe it. :lol:

The world does revolve around bloody America. Get used to it.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

P.S.: American crap gets exported because people in england BUY IT. What you you know about Britain anyway? Looks like you bailed out and landed in Australia.

Of course it does thats why your downloading TV shows from the old country.

You are right though American crap does get exported here, and we are stupid enough to buy it, example I bought a xbox360 it broke, I got another 1 it broke. Why do we buy your shite. We also buy into your shite everytime the Mrs puts on a track from Kelly Clarkson I shake my head. Stop it stop it plz stop can you not keep your garbage to yourself what you think I am your trashman.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

why did you get an x-box in the first place? It's Microsoft so surely you would have realised it is rubbish, full of bugs and useless. The only reason Microsoft are in the market is because they want to ruin Sony (mainly) and Nintendo. You should have done the decent thing and brought a PS3 (even if it was a slightly longer wait)

^ the problem is that the 360 is a good console (when it works -- bought mine at launch and no problems) and it has the most must-have games. I have all 3 consoles and I can applaud or complain about each.

Re: it's American crap, you're scowling at a badge, everything is made in China.

You are right though American crap does get exported here, and we are stupid enough to buy it, example I bought a xbox360 it broke, I got another 1 it broke. Why do we buy your shite. We also buy into your shite everytime the Mrs puts on a track from Kelly Clarkson I shake my head. Stop it stop it plz stop can you not keep your garbage to yourself what you think I am your trashman.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well there's your problem - you like Kelly Clarkson. (Your wife, anyway.) ;)

Not only do you buy American Crap, but Her Majesty's Government taxes the hell out of it.

The English are willing to pay twice as much for American Crap as Americans are willing to pay for American Crap. What does that say about the English?

I'm off to load my guns and polish my Mach1. Hmmm...which pistol for concealed carry today? Glock 17, Glock 21, Glock 26 or ....? I'll just carry one and put the other two in the car along with the AR15.

Enjoy your 213.32% tax on gasoline!:lol:

Reactions: lip
Please forgive US...

Please forgive US...

...not all Yanks are brash, arrogant, and ignorant.

The comments posted here that attempt to compare life in the US to life in GB are just foolish rants, nothing more. The world will be making great fun of the mockery we call "political process" from now until November.

US ambition has accomplished much, but it must be tempered by humility, not pride. It is automotive ambition that produced the Ford GT40, the Ford GT, the Corvette Z06, the Corvette ZR1 and generations of Shelby innovations. It is sheer hubris that produced the Colonization of Iraq, the blind support of Israel, and the merger with Benz.

Don't throw out the baby with the bath.

Driven.:|

You guys are amazing, you wonder why your hated abroad. You get facts which are 100$ accurate then laugh at us and rub our noses in it, when we try to brush it under the carpet and not think about it.

Don't want to get into the firearms issue, other than why do you buy Austrain crap instead of colt crap, oh yeah it;s is vital when you use it a exploson happens in the chamber rather than a click. Why on the face of this earth do you need a assult rifle for? oh yeah I forgot about that one as well you have a 600% more chance of being a victum of a hompside than the pple of blighty.

The comments posted here that attempt to compare life in the US to life in GB are just foolish rants, nothing more. The world will be making great fun of the mockery we call "political process" from now until November.

US ambition has accomplished much, but it must be tempered by humility, not pride. It is automotive ambition that produced the Ford GT40, the Ford GT, the Corvette Z06, the Corvette ZR1 and generations of Shelby innovations.

And British engineers https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/04/kekekegay.gif

Though it was Shelby's team who made the car reliable and gave it the 427 that actually allowed it to win.

You guys are amazing, you wonder why your hated abroad. You get facts which are 100$ accurate then laugh at us and rub our noses in it, when we try to brush it under the carpet and not think about it.

Don't want to get into the firearms issue, other than why do you buy Austrain crap instead of colt crap, oh yeah it;s is vital when you use it a exploson happens in the chamber rather than a click. Why on the face of this earth do you need a assult rifle for? oh yeah I forgot about that one as well you have a 600% more chance of being a victum of a hompside than the pple of blighty.

For someone of your age and from the country that spawned the language, you sure do seem to have no idea how to write in it.

As for why I need an assault rifle... It's for the impending revolution after the Mor(m)ons take control of the presidency and the people need to take it back. :p

Last edited:
Back on the topic, most Americans don't really like Top Gear. People from my college don't understand the jokes, don't like the challanges and seem to get excited only when they show a drag race or Jeremy drifting in something they can't pronounce (3 guys couldn't say the names Bugatti and Murcielago right).
But this is all about people who are not crazy about cars. I think it's safe to say that true petrolheads from all over the worlds like Top Gear. Even when Jeremy makes fun of American cars, Americans who are interested in cars acknowledge that they have faults and that European cars are more technological.

US ambition has accomplished much, but it must be tempered by humility, not pride. It is automotive ambition that produced the Ford GT40, the Ford GT, the Corvette Z06, the Corvette ZR1 and generations of Shelby innovations. It is sheer hubris that produced the Colonization of Iraq, the blind support of Israel, and the merger with Benz.

Don't throw out the baby with the bath.

Colonization of Iraq? Blind support of Israel? Merger with Benz? You, sir are a perfect example of ignorance.

Iraq has not been colonized. Look up the definition of the word.

The United States supports Israel for many reasons, not the least being it is the only democracy in the middle east. Do you have a problem with Jews?

By "merger with Benz", are you referring to Daimler-Chrysler?? That was a free market transaction.

It's awfully nice to see anti-Jew anti free-market Texans posting.

I dare you to put that Hillary 2008 sticker on your Texas registered BMW!

Last edited:
But this is all about people who are not crazy about cars. I think it's safe to say that true petrolheads from all over the worlds like Top Gear. Even when Jeremy makes fun of American cars, Americans who are interested in cars acknowledge that they have faults and that European cars are more technological.

Pretty much any car guy that I know of introduced to Top Gear (I always start with the Toyota Tacoma destruction) gets hooked on it. I don't bother with people not into cars.

Blind support of Israel?
The United States supports Israel for many reasons, not the least being it is the only democracy in the middle east. Do you have a problem with Jews?

Look into the Zionism movement. You might be surprised to find that the Palestinians took their "techniques" for fighting the Israeli's from the Zionist move in Palestine. That is a perfect example of history repeating itself. Thats all I'm going to say on that, Israel and the middle east is by far one of the worst political discussions on the planet IMO, as I can't honestly find a side that is "right."

Last edited:

Some cheese with that (illegible) bile, monsieur?

I'm not saying the TG guys are idiots, but I am saying that they aren't well-versed in technical knowledge (such as this).

The "presenters" of the top automobile show in the world can't tell the difference between a V6 and V8 Mustang convertible or a Shelby Mustang GT 500 and a Shelby Mustang GT.

Hammond and May read the scripts Clarkson writes. He's the automotively challenged of the bunch.

So we have either a very fat man waving a flag or some old men?
Trust me the English can be patriotic if we want to.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/07/constructionenglandflag400x300.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/07/1663091.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/07/waynerooney.jpg

Last edited:
Your football riots can attest to that.

That last picture is creepy as hell, I'm glad the American flag is slightly more complex than St. George's Cross so we won't be mistaken for human sacrificing cannibals. :tease: