When Trees attack

I've never even heard of that happening before! The guy really cashed in some Karma with that accident.

I wonder what kind of forces are needed to punch a log through the firewall?

:blink::shock2:

Wow, he got shafted. Holy hot damned close call too.

eek! almost got nutered.

I wonder if the snow had something to do with it. He probably didn't even see the log there.

As you can see in the pics, i have some damage to my torso ( my " boys " also took a hard shot and are swollen to 3 times normal size and are dark purple ).

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/10/peter2.gif

Ouch! :blink:

Ouch! :?

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/11/LOGSKILL.jpg
As you can see in the pics, i have some damage to my torso (my " boys " also took a hard shot and are swollen to 3 times normal size and are dark purple ).

^ That can only be a good thing :lol:

Last edited:
eish... the 1st pic sort of explained everything.

1.jpg

my " boys " also took a hard shot and are swollen to 3 times normal size and are dark purple

this gotta be one of the most painful thing ever, to be klapped in the balls by a tree log. Talk about bad luck.

I wonder what kind of forces are needed to punch a log through the firewall?

You'd be surprised, I had almost the exact same thing happen to me on a snowmobile. I was doing some backcountry trails with my dad and brother. It was after a relatively heavy snowfall, and I guess we must have bumped a fallen tree near the crest of a hill on the way up. The snow got knocked off the fallen tree, which stuck maybe a foot and a half in the air at the tip. On the way back, I was leading and was going a good pace over the crest of the hill. I couldn't have seen the tree until it was too late, it went straight through the bellypan of my Arctic Cat like it was nothing, and would have gone straight out the back of the engine compartment (and likely taken my foot with it) had the clutch not been in the way, which turned the end of the tree into wood chips. It was still a heck of a jolt, and it only took the weight of a snowmobile to do it, which is nothing compared to that Jeep.

According to my brother, this sort of thing isn't exactly common but isn't unheard of among the off-road contingent.

Man he was lucky, I have a rather large hole in the passenger footwell of my rangie from rebar I didn't see, the mass of a 2 ton truck against a sharp pointy thing goes through thin steel very easily. After seeing thoose pic's I may weld on a bit more plating ;)