Do you like Richard Hammond?

Do you like Richard Hammond?

• Total voters
I like Hammond, yes. And i even think he's improving. In series 10 he has been funnier than i've ever seen him before. Really great to watch.. :)

And talking about who of them are replacable.. None of them are, really.. As said many times before.

Do you like Hammond?

I got fed up with him. I think he has no place on Top Gear. He just doesn't fit there. He hardly knows anything about cars (just his beloved 911), he doesn't really do much except screaming "I haven't had my teeth whitened!!" in his irritating voice. He doesn't add anything to the show, I'm beginning to think that he's only there to attract female viewers who think he's cute with his 'cool' hair style and clothes. He's ok for shows like Brainiac but that's it.
He just wants as much publicity as possible, like after his crash, he immediately started to write a book and has been in 1000 interviews and over-dramatised things.

Also, do you think Jeremy actually likes Hammond? They're sooo different, and I think Jeremy often finds him irritating and I hope he will replace him with someone better.

The trio make Top Gear and it would not be the same if either one of them left. He has a great knowledge about cars, if you want all the boring facts read AutoCar or a car manual...
Remember that after the crash he spent a year recovering and so writing a book was probably the best method of getting better. It was written as much for himself than anything else. Ofcourse if he had not of done that he would not have had any incombe for that year.
James, Jeremy and Richard regurlarly go out to the pub I suspect as they have such a good rapport. It was also reported that Jeremy's and Richard's family went to the Isle of Man on holiday with both of them commenting on how much they enjoyed it.

Im sure if you had made a poll 99.99%+ would have voted to keep him it....

Yes I like Richard Hammond very much indeed - he actually has some rather witty things to say. Where is the Poll and we can get this sorted once and for all?

I dont think any of the presenters are replaceable.

Honestly?

"Gun to your head" decision, you all wouldn't choose Hammond? James and Jeremy are irreplaceable (despite james himself being a replacement), but Hammond is just a generic BBC presenter who probably just raised his hand at the office when they said "Hey guys, we need a third host for the new Top gear, anyone want the job"?

Honestly?

"Gun to your head" decision, you all wouldn't choose Hammond? James and Jeremy are irreplaceable (despite james himself being a replacement), but Hammond is just a generic BBC presenter who probably just raised his hand at the office when they said "Hey guys, we need a third host for the new Top gear, anyone want the job"?

Hammond actually presented other car shows on satellite/cable TV before he landed the job on Top Gear. There's a chapter on it in his book. Before TG he had no involvment with the BBC; so generic presenter? nope.

Honestly?

Hammond had no involvement with the beeb before TG, as is pointed out above.

And yes, if any one of the three were taken away, the whole feel and chemistry of the show is entirely changed.

Here, currently, you have Clarkson, the oaf, with brash opinions and one who loves power. Then you have Hammond, who is small, feisty, a bit of an adrenaline junky and all round nutter. Then to round the crazy pair off you have May, the sensible "english" bloke.

I'm sorry but i simply cannot see how some of you can think top gear would be as good with a different presenter than hammond.

I like Hammond; he is a good presenter and a good target for bashing from the other two.

^ Nothing stays the same forever, even the price is right changed hosts. Eventually it will change, and hopefully the forum will still be around and you can shove it right back in their face.

He just doesn't fit there. He hardly knows anything about cars (just his beloved 911), he doesn't really do much except screaming "I haven't had my teeth whitened!!" in his irritating voice.

If Top Gear actually cared about being factual and catering to the Petrol Head crowd, it wouldn't have Jeremy, James or Hammond. There would be people like Tiff Needell, Vicki Butler-Henderson, Tom Ford, and Jason Plato.......

So as many have said, Richards enthusiasm for cars more than makes up for the fact he doesn't brown-nose petrol heads.

+1^Infinite for Hammond!

Richard is the most enjoyable person.

James is my favourite solo broadcaster.

Jeremy is my favourite Top Gear presenter.

You are my least favourite person here.

Personally, I find him annoying. He seems like he has a fake, contrived, camera friendly persona.

Do you like Hammond?

I got fed up with him. I think he has no place on Top Gear. He just doesn't fit there. He hardly knows anything about cars (just his beloved 911), he doesn't really do much except screaming "I haven't had my teeth whitened!!" in his irritating voice. He doesn't add anything to the show, I'm beginning to think that he's only there to attract female viewers who think he's cute with his 'cool' hair style and clothes. He's ok for shows like Brainiac but that's it.
He just wants as much publicity as possible, like after his crash, he immediately started to write a book and has been in 1000 interviews and over-dramatised things.

Also, do you think Jeremy actually likes Hammond? They're sooo different, and I think Jeremy often finds him irritating and I hope he will replace him with someone better.

I think Richard is one of those guys where you don't realize how important he is until he's gone.
Think about, who is the one that usually sets up Jeremy's jokes during the news? Hammond. Who's the one who does all of the inbetween stuff (Lead-ins for the clips and video segments). Hammond.
And who argues with Jeremy about being old and out of touch. If they bring someone else in to do the same thing, it would come off as shamelessly lame.

As for them being to different!?! What show have you been watching? Their opinions are exactly the same on most cars. James is the old one out.

I despise this stupid "urban" term, but it's really does describe what you are... A "Hater".

richard_hammond_narrowweb__300x429,0.jpg

Hey, looks like some jealous Nob has a hard-on for me.

Last edited:
I think Richard is...top sexy man! He gives the erections in the pantaloons, and makes the heart go boom boom and swoon.

I declare sexuality!