Not open for further replies.
I hope you're taking note of all these, Mr. Wilman:cool:

Top Gear mistake aknowleged;

Jezza "My Poppy's grown back"
Hammond "You are such an idiot"

^ :lol:

Wow! How could we all miss that one?

(i don't know how to make screencaps)
In 8x00 (winter olympics), when JC is doing the shooting in the biathlon, his earplugs (yellow) keep on disappearing when he's using his machine gun

I don't think they do. Its just changing angles which obscure them sometimes.

Found a great one, and its interesting.

6x06 in the SLR vs Boat race, at around 6:00/6:30 Jeremy is at the EuroTrain station in the SLR waiting for the train. He calls up Richard and tells him that he's missed the train, but he's still waiting at the station.

Richard then narrates about how him and James are catching the bus, and then they switch to Jeremy again, but now he's in traffic again for a brief second, and then again he's back at the train station :?

7:07/7:08 - in traffic yelling "Come onnn"
7:20 - back at the station and now catching the eurotrain again

Just more proof of bad editing
Wrong, you can clearly see (by the number of 'highway lights') he's still in the Eurotunnel area, just waiting in a row to get on the train

Nvm then

Last edited:
^ Yeah. Good spot. He is on a motorway - shown by the lorries and trees/banks, then on a very flat road.

In 10x01, during the news segment where they're making fun of how James is sitting in the chair, there is a picture of a Fiat 500 on the TV screen even though they never mention it.

There's a good one SOMEWHERE I cant find it. I saw it once but I did not write down the timecode.

It's about a car being driven thru a village with some relaxing video shooting technique. At one point we can see a white dog and in next shot we can see that dog again running away from the scenery, and then the car comes from the left side of the screen and camera follows it. The dog just vanishes when car arrives into video frame. You can see that clearly on slowmotion.

Find it please :)
Ah yes, I know the one you mean. It's from James review of the Fiat Panda.

Whoever finds it - don't come to my house for dinner ;)
I wouldn't set foot in Sydney! :mrgreen::p

Continuity: In the episode with the Transit around the Nuerburgring (06x07), after Sabine says "they are slow, but I am fast" (before she took the Transit the first time around the track, without any modifications whatsoever) you can see the Transit leaving the car park but it's the "emergency streamlined" version since you can clearly see the sticky tape around the gaps between the panels and the door handle of the sliding door. Afterwards at the gate to the track you can see the van without modifications.
Also, in that scene at the gate you can see the Transit approaching the gate as first car in the line but a moment later it's behind a red BMW Z3.
The next thing in that film is the lap with the Viper in front: in some scenes the Viper is in front of the Transit, in some where you see the van from the outside there is clearly no Viper anywhere near it.
In the last scene at the 'ring where Sabine and Richard talk about the lap you can see the Transit in the background without sticky tape - I don't think they put sticky tape at the left side but let the right side as it was.

When May reviews Jaguar XF (10x10), carefully watch at the car's screen (3:34-3:42). It changes the picture 4 times in these seconds! :)

^ I have to call you out on this one. It only alternates between two screens and the shot of James is clearly just one take, the second image on the screen is when they went for the close up of the vents.

I really can't see anything wrong with it.

^ I have to call you out on this one. It only alternates between two screens and the shot of James is clearly just one take, the second image on the screen is when they went for the close up of the vents.

I really can't see anything wrong with it.

Maybe I was wrong, but anyway it attracted my attention. Then sorry for this.

I have been resisting posting in this thread because it has got so anal but this one is personal...

In the secondhand Porsches challenge the continuity is shot to hell. They start off in the city of London - and the first three breakdowns are fine - in order on a route one would take.
Then after the leak is fixed in Brixton they carry on down the A23 south to Streatham where they have to top up Jeremy's water again. After that they are suddenly back north of Brixton, then about 2 miles south, then in Brixton (north again) then passing the end of my road (oh yes!) about 3 miles south, then suddenly about 6 miles away and then back near my house before finally breaking down again about 6-7 miles south.

Every time I watch it it annoys me - mainly because it is a road I travel on most days...but also, because they passed my house and refilled at the garage I use and I didn't see them!

Hmm... can you mark it up in google maps so the unknowledgable ones between us can get a better idea?

I have been resisting posting in this thread because it has got so anal but this one is personal...

In the secondhand Porsches challenge the continuity is shot to hell. They start off in the city of London - and the first three breakdowns are fine - in order on a route one would take.
Then after the leak is fixed in Brixton they carry on down the A23 south to Streatham where they have to top up Jeremy's water again. After that they are suddenly back north of Brixton, then about 2 miles south, then in Brixton (north again) then passing the end of my road (oh yes!) about 3 miles south, then suddenly about 6 miles away and then back near my house before finally breaking down again about 6-7 miles south.

Every time I watch it it annoys me - mainly because it is a road I travel on most days...but also, because they passed my house and refilled at the garage I use and I didn't see them!
I have also noticed that, especially when the guy that helps Jeremy with the petrol is shown when James is having a puncture.

did anyone else notice the second mini digger that was shown in the top ground gear force? when you see clarkson talking to hammond while hammond is in the digger on its side, you can clearly see the back of a second mini digger on screen.

this means they DIDNT have need for the two huge bits of construction equipment ( the first large digger? and the crane) as the second mini digger should have been enough to pull the first out of the hole.

also, doesnt it show you how scripted it was that they brought along a digger to trash and one to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.