New GTR: Its unbelivably good! But...

Thats not something I'd take pride in if I was an Aussie. :)

Oh don't get me wrong... i find it disgraceful. :?

Everyone else who is overreacting to snippets of info about this car need to take a breath. The 180kph limit is japan only and has been that way for cars sold in japan for a very long time now. Nearly all export models of japanese cars for many years have a 250kph limit. New gtr will probably be the same. Most manufacturers that i know of will not honour warranty on a car that has been used in any form of motorsport.

As far as aftermarket mods go.... give them time, people will always find ways to circumvent any factory fitted limitations. The issue with aftermarket wheels is simply tire pressure sensors, no biggie. At least one company is already selling a range of tasteless wheels far heavier than the originals for all the ricers out there.

Chrome 22" on R35 GTR make me cry.

Oh don't get me wrong... i find it disgraceful. :?

Everyone else who is overreacting to snippets of info about this car need to take a breath. The 180kph limit is japan only and has been that way for cars sold in japan for a very long time now. Nearly all export models of japanese cars for many years have a 250kph limit. New gtr will probably be the same. Most manufacturers that i know of will not honour warranty on a car that has been used in any form of motorsport.

As far as aftermarket mods go.... give them time, people will always find ways to circumvent any factory fitted limitations. The issue with aftermarket wheels is simply tire pressure sensors, no biggie. At least one company is already selling a range of tasteless wheels far heavier than the originals for all the ricers out there.

Chrome 22" on R35 GTR make me cry.

The white one is fugly. Those painted side-skirt make the car look so fat.

Dang. They look cool slammed.

At least one company is already selling a range of tasteless wheels far heavier than the originals for all the ricers out there.

Another rumor that began circulating after the Tokyo Auto Salon has also been confirmed: aftermarket wheels are out. Supposedly, all the GT-Rs on display at TAS had to be driven in on the stock rollers, jacked up and then fitted with the tuner's chosen wheels. Due to a sensor mounted on the valve stem, if the GT-R is driven with aftermarket rims, an error code is thrown on the dash. And although MINE'S has fitted a custom exhaust to their shop car, they've found that any modification to the intake system causes the ECU to go haywire.

Meh...

In Australia we just chock them up on blocks of wood and paint them pink.....

I knew that would be a donut king car. Will be nice to see how it does on the track (although I won't be able to see it), so let us know how it goes.

This non-modification stuff made me think of my brother's plight. He has a new Swift Sport and apparently the CPU is a learning computer (like the Terminator's CPU), so when people try to chip it, it just keeps resetting itself back to zero/normal. Also difficult to get gains from exhaust mods due the CPU. Anyone heard/know anything about it? I sent him an LSD and lightened flywheel but customs seized them so he has to pay copious amounts of tax:mad:. Bastards.

Sorry for minor hijack.

Another rumor that began circulating after the Tokyo Auto Salon has also been confirmed: aftermarket wheels are out. Supposedly, all the GT-Rs on display at TAS had to be driven in on the stock rollers, jacked up and then fitted with the tuner's chosen wheels. Due to a sensor mounted on the valve stem, if the GT-R is driven with aftermarket rims, an error code is thrown on the dash. And although MINE'S has fitted a custom exhaust to their shop car, they've found that any modification to the intake system causes the ECU to go haywire.

Just read that on Autoblog, and to be quite honest, I find it disgusting. The GT-R has reached its insane popularity thanks to its mod-friendly nature.

IMO, Nissan have shot themselves in the foot with this decision.

Oh, and did you see the insane mark-up for the GT-R in the States? $60k!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrax
At least one company is already selling a range of tasteless wheels far heavier than the originals for all the ricers out there.

Quote:
Another rumor that began circulating after the Tokyo Auto Salon has also been confirmed: aftermarket wheels are out. Supposedly, all the GT-Rs on display at TAS had to be driven in on the stock rollers, jacked up and then fitted with the tuner's chosen wheels. Due to a sensor mounted on the valve stem, if the GT-R is driven with aftermarket rims, an error code is thrown on the dash.

Ok i'll try this one more time before i give up....

MCR and Sunline have already run R35 GTR's on the track with aftermarket wheels. There is a tire pressure sensor located in the wheels which can be removed and put into aftermarket wheels. Even without the sensor the car is not rendered undriveable, there is merely a warning light on the dash which i am sure will be easily fixed with a simple ecu mod. Tire pressure sensors are not new or unique to the gtr, it is a problem with a known solution.

All previous GTR's in fact all japanese market vehicles have a 180kph limiter. Japanese car manufacturers have long held an agreement with the japanese government regarding restriction of power and speed on JDM vehicles. This is not new or unique to the R35 GTR. Again it is very easily overcome and the limiter for japanese cars sold outside of japan is typically 250kph.

The track thing does sound like a pain in the arse but again it only applies to japanese market cars and i am sure there will be an ecu fix within a short time.

I'm surprised that the otherwise intelligent members of this board are getting so worked up over internet BS. Believe me this car will be just as modifiable as anything else. Time will prove this to be true.

All previous GTR's in fact all japanese market vehicles have a 180kph limiter.... Again it is very easily overcome and the limiter for japanese cars sold outside of japan is typically 250kph.

The track thing does sound like a pain in the arse but again it only applies to japanese market cars and i am sure there will be an ecu fix within a short time.

What I'm wondering is this... if on the Japanese model the navigation is linked to the ECU to control top speed what happens when you try to export a Japanese model overseas? I remember reading a comment from someone at Nissan pre-official-release claiming that people wouldn't be able to export them. Can the navigation be disconnected from the ECU? Hell, I'm sure there'll be ways around that, but its a pain for someone who wants to take one home as a personal import.

I want a GTR. But I think I would get the front and rear bits painted body color. I think it would look even better that way.

Oh, and did you see the insane mark-up for the GT-R in the States? $60k!

I'm actually impressed, I wouldn't expect people to shell out that much money for a car like the GTR.
I can understand Shelby GT500's insane markup, $50K markup on a car that costs ~$45K, because it's a special Mustang. I wasn't expecting a high priced Nissan that most people probably haven't heard of carry that kind of markup.

I'm actually impressed, I wouldn't expect people to shell out that much money for a car like the GTR.
I can understand Shelby GT500's insane markup, $50K markup on a car that costs ~$45K, because it's a special Mustang. I wasn't expecting a high priced Nissan that most people probably haven't heard of carry that kind of markup.

No one has shelled it out yet, thats just what some dealers were claiming they were going to charge. Anyone who pays it is a dumbass, it'll take a long ass time to recover that money, and if one is paying it to get the performance... buy the Porsche.