Daily driver opinions...

wow, $4k for a 13 year old econobox japanese car?!

civics here of that age, even low milage dont really seme to go for more than ?1000, and even though we apparently get the raw deal where conversion is concerned, its alot lower at approx $2000 even.

can you not get a diesel golf tdi or anything..

get a Corrado VR6 and it's a done deal :)

I wholly support this motion...however, I find it very rare to see a working Corrado in good condition (especially a VR6) for under 5 grand.

If you're going the cheapo-but-fun route, and can stand the 2 seats and dismal luggage space, try a MK1 MR2. I've seen quite a few on the LA craigslist with either rebuilt engines or >100k miles for 3-4 grand or less (and in good condition inside and out)! Plus, from what I've heard, they're much easier to work on and find parts for than the Corrado, as well as more reliable :)P Toyota :p).

i don't know the prices over here, that's the problem. Here, you can get a VR6 Corrado in good condition for 3000 euros.

i don't know the prices over here, that's the problem. Here, you can get a VR6 Corrado in good condition for 3000 euros.

They are very rare here though, I have not seen one at all in years. The thing is, a stock civic ex from just a year later can still get close to $4000 at used car lots, and this one is much nicer.

Oh god, don't search for a civic on autotrader. Its like a mini fast and the furious. And they all want grossly too much for their "creations" and taste is not included.

Anyway, I can see that the civic isn't too badly priced for what it is, but I don't see how it will make a good daily driver. It is the bottom range DX model, and has been pretty heavily modified. It has an engine swap that may or may not be ok, but is no way as reliable as an untouched car. It probably has been abused more than you realize, and may need serious work on the transmission if nothing else.

Its sounds fun, and could be a good toy, but I don't think it is a good choice for a daily driver. An unmolested prelude would be a much better buy. Still fun, but much more reliable and comfortable. Daily drivers really aren't hard to buy, anything you like that is reliable and comfortable is fine. Something like that civic is just not in that category.

There is just so much better out there. I would really be looking at stuff like lexus, infiniti, and acura, because at that age they will be around the same prices, they are all reliable as time itself, and will be very nicely equipped.

Oh god, don't search for a civic on autotrader. Its like a mini fast and the furious. And they all want grossly too much for their "creations" and taste is not included.

Anyway, I can see that the civic isn't too badly priced for what it is, but I don't see how it will make a good daily driver. It is the bottom range DX model, and has been pretty heavily modified. It has an engine swap that may or may not be ok, but is no way as reliable as an untouched car. It probably has been abused more than you realize, and may need serious work on the transmission if nothing else.

Its sounds fun, and could be a good toy, but I don't think it is a good choice for a daily driver. An unmolested prelude would be a much better buy. Still fun, but much more reliable and comfortable. Daily drivers really aren't hard to buy, anything you like that is reliable and comfortable is fine. Something like that civic is just not in that category.

There is just so much better out there. I would really be looking at stuff like lexus, infiniti, and acura, because at that age they will be around the same prices, they are all reliable as time itself, and will be very nicely equipped.

If the car checks out tommorow with the engine/suspension/gearbox, I will buy it. I have known the last three owners of the car, and have followed it. Its never broken down or gave any of them trouble. I'd say thats pretty good odds. A used car from a person I don't know would be an unknown.

I've found that locating older european cars (Corrado among others) is quite a labor intesive task in Texas. It seems that most cars like that are out of state, clustering in the north east, so looking for something like a corrado that is in half decent shape is almost futile.

Not sure if it's too late to get in on the fun - if it's not what you want, consider an SiR (or Si for you)...sorry, not sure if the price is in your range, but you could probably get a '99 for decent money. Stock engine is decent for power, and will go for a long time if treated well. My opinion my be biased, though ;)

I wholly support this motion...however, I find it very rare to see a working Corrado in good condition (especially a VR6) for under 5 grand.

If you're going the cheapo-but-fun route, and can stand the 2 seats and dismal luggage space, try a MK1 MR2. I've seen quite a few on the LA craigslist with either rebuilt engines or >100k miles for 3-4 grand or less (and in good condition inside and out)! Plus, from what I've heard, they're much easier to work on and find parts for than the Corrado, as well as more reliable :)P Toyota :p).

I wold consider a MR2 if you can find one in that range. Best cars Toyota ever made, yes even better in my opinion than the Supra.

Not sure if it's too late to get in on the fun - if it's not what you want, consider an SiR (or Si for you)...sorry, not sure if the price is in your range, but you could probably get a '99 for decent money. Stock engine is decent for power, and will go for a long time if treated well. My opinion my be biased, though ;)

This car has the SiR engine in it (literally, its a JDM SiR engine) Its also on coilovers. The only thing different is the fact that it has drums in the back:(:lol: A non-issue until the summer time, when I will replace them with discs.

Update: I got the car. Paying on monday ;)

man thats too bad
but i guess if your looking for a daily, they do look pretty wack in stock form

Their exhaust port design is wack :mad:, even if you had god himself build a perfect set of headers the engine would still lack all sounds that make internal combustion the emotional wonder that it is.

not so much about impression, more about how i've had a early MR2 with no sound deadening and a quiet exhaust, dispite the lack of exhaust noise i can tell you from that though how regular engine noises you don't usually hear aren't appealing, its kinda a whirling vacuum cleaner sounds, but more melodic. Just trust me, its very tiring, especially on the highway.

And for the record, why would i post videos of grumbly i4s that i know probably nobody else but me likes if i was trying to impress somebody?

The same reason you have a fat, hairy, bald, cartoon man as your avatar? Lol

Their exhaust port design is wack :mad:, even if you had god himself build a perfect set of headers the engine would still lack all sounds that make internal combustion the emotional wonder that it is.

Truck engines are wack

yea..
truck motors are wack
hahaha
way to go nissan

pray to the god of rb26 that your speed over the rival