S7 2008/2/9 FE Black GTRs [2x13]

burnsy

Car(s)
2011 Ford F150 Platinum
NOTE: Race postponed for lack of entrants.

Date: Feb 16th
Track: Fern Bay Black (FE4)
Wind: Low
Cars: GTRs (FXR,XRR,FZR)
Qualification: 15 minutes
2 Races x 13 Laps
Time: 17:00 GMT
Server: [FG] Racing
Password: fg

Setups Available
WRs:
FXR - 2:20.27
XRR - 2:19.44
FZR - 2:18.16

Team FinalGear have a setupfield of our own now. Log in as guest to download any setups that you need.
If you have setups that you would like to share with the rest of us, ask Henry(FireFox) to add you to the setupstation. Then you will be able to add setups. (We need some, since it's a new addition.)

Last edited:
Sorry for not being there, I had a guest for the weekend, couldn't race. :(

Sorry for not being there, I had a guest for the weekend, couldn't race. :(

Well, you didn't miss anything. There were only few people and we had enormous gaps in our laptimes, and we decided not to race at all.

So I don't know how are we going to continue, we talked about shifting the schedule by one week and doing this race next saturday.

Shifting it sounds good, lets hop there will be enough people this weekend.

the track seemed nice, have played it with GTRs and did 360 from 3-4 diffrent corners.

I could came with you to play but i must test what happens with my poor computer
with 10 or more players (read Ai's) in the track.

my fps kinda sucks. :p

edit 1. ps i suck @ lfs too :(

Last edited:
sorry, i can't race today. so much shit happening at once.
i now time out of every race i participate in.
my vista boot no longer boots, just out of the blue.

and something came up at work, so i need to go fix that.

sorry, i can't race today. so much shit happening at once.
i now time out of every race i participate in.
my vista boot no longer boots, just out of the blue.

and something came up at work, so i need to go fix that.

If you're running Vista and have connection problems, I suggest you look at this:
http://forums.winxpcentral.com/showthread.php?p=43263
http://blog.tiensivu.com/aaron/archives/824-Vista-If-you-really-want-to-disable-IPv6,-you-can..html

Of course, SP1 (which came out on thursday for MSDN subscribers) is supposed to fix this.

Good first race for me, got a good start, and then when I saw that I couldn't catch pdanev and firefox, and nobody was close behind me, I backed off and took it easy. (I had trouble concentrating anyway.)

In race two, I was all over the place, and was pretty sloppy in the first few laps.
Sorry about hitting you Loz, I should have been able to avoid you, I hope you didn't quit on my account.
After that I gathered it up and started to be a bit more consistent.
In the end I had a shot at MXM for the win, and well... that didn't work out so well. :)
Thanks for pushing me across the line everyone.

Stats and points:
http://burnsy.no-ip.info/finalgear/stats/2008-02-16_13.37.20_results_race.html
http://burnsy.no-ip.info/finalgear/stats/2008-02-16_13.46.25_results_race.html
http://burnsy.no-ip.info/finalgear/stats/FGS7Points.htm

FYI pdanev, you were thinking you were going to get a point for fastest lap of the two races.
I checked and you had a 2.21.09 in race two, which was fastest for that race, but Firefox had a 2.21.07 in race one, which makes that fastest lap out of the two races.

Last edited:
no, it's not a problem with vista, as i tried it in XP as well, same problem. it's basically an upload problem, if i request track info in CTRA by typing $track, i time out immediately.

i have a bunch of wireshark data if anybody is willing to take a look at it to see if there's a problem with my network, or if it's something wrong with the cable internet.

I really enjoyed today's races. Its the first time I've raced for a while, and the first time I've actually been competitive. :)

Race one went fine, managed to make my tyres last but got a bit messy near the end, and lost a place. Had a good duel with Epp_b, i just couldn't get past his FZR. :D

Race two was more exciting. everything went fine again, and I held 3rd for a while, but lost it to Epsn. I crossed the line on lap 7 with 2.4% fuel, and my average was 2.6% per lap. I had to slow down to conserve fuel but I knew Henry had just done the fastest lap of the race. :???:

Managed to grab 2nd due to Epsn's accident.

Loved the combo, hope next week is as good. :)

I started LFS without any enthusiasm today, but in the end it was quite an enjoyable combo. I haven't raced with XRR forever, and even though I was obviously slower than the most, it was still nice to hotlap when I finally found the rythm and kept doing consistent laps.

Race 2 win was purely accidental, thanks to pdanev's disconnect, but damn if the last 2 laps weren't exciting. Espn was getting very rapidly closer, and we were bumper to bumper in the last chicane. I get on 2 wheels, he does too. I manage to recover, and he... well.. you saw it :)

i sucked big time :p
didn't finish at all, because of my bad driving in 1 specific corner.

Wasn't an easy combo, that's for sure. That being said I made very few mistakes, no spin, collision blown tire etc. The setup burnsy posted on our site was pretty good I just changed camber/pressure and gears a bit. First race wasn't that exciting, and 2nd race was a bit disappointing when my router decided to drop the connection. 2 laps before finish with a considerable lead all I had to do was make it in one piece across the finish line, but oh well... shit happens. :)

PS: Originally I would've preferred XRR, but I didn't have single set which would be ok on the tires, they barely made one lap. Didn't feel like testing and making my own set, so I surrendered to the FXR.