My 2007 Alfa Romeo 147

codesurge

Car(s)
2007 Alfa Romeo 147
Hey y'all!

Just thought I'd share my new ride with you guys. Picked it up last week from the local Alfa Romeo agent. It's a MY07 car, so I managed to get a pretty good deal on it. I know that it's a little long in the tooth and it's scheduled to be replaced by the Junior/149 soon, but given the price offered and the typical lag time it takes for the local agent to bring the new models in, I bit on the deal.

Engine's the tried and proven 2.0L Twinspark, which makes one heckuva sweet sound when revved hard. It's pretty much one of the best sounding four-pots I've heard, ever.

Transmission's the infamous Selespeed semi-automatic gearbox, which I took because the family preferred something without a clutch. It's not that bad, with the gearchanges being a little jerky if you don't lift off before upshifting. The automated rev-matching blips on the downshifts are pretty neat though. Of course, I'll probably be singing a different tune if (when?) I get a transmission failure error. Fingers crossed! :|

I'll admit that the 147 was never really high on the list of cars that I was looking at. However, as the TG guys put it, I intended to get some reliable, reasonable car but ended up veering off at the Alfa showroom to buy an Alfa. :lol:

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

As it is right now, I currently have no plans to mod the car. The dealer threw in the spoiler, exhaust tip, 17" sport rims and the iPod connector to the head unit. Seats are gray leather with red stitching, which gives it just that bit of a sporty look. :p

I love Alfa Romeo. Drove a 159 in Italy; just incredible.

Wow, just wow. That is just pure automotive sex. I feel raunchy just for looking at those pics. :D

Great looking car. The wheels are quite nice also. Congrats!

Great car. I love Alfas.

The front license plate kills the whole look of the front. Can you remove it easily/legally?

The front license plate kills the whole look of the front. Can you remove it easily/legally?

Unfortunately, all cars in Singapore are required by law to have plates on both the front and the rear, so removing it is not an option. Heck, we can't even have non-standard plates - putting on a custom plate (e.g. Euro-style plates) makes you liable to get hauled over by a traffic cop.

And thanks for the compliments guys. Really appreciate it! :D

Last edited:
Nice...

a colleaugue of mine drives an 159 and contrary to popular belief, Alfas of new are very reliable, and very beautiful cars!

La bella machina :)

Alfas are just the most passionate cars as far as their design is concerned.
How is it about performance?

Congratulations to that beautiful car. Each time I see a 147... I want to get one. :mrgreen:

I once had a drive (not me driving, obviously) in a 147 Twin Spark, and it's indeed the best sound from a 4cyl engine I have ever heard. It's music to my ears :p

Lovely looking car, Congrats!

codesurge: I would get the car lowered. Envision it 40mm lower...looks good, huh?

I love Alfa.

Have you ever lived in Texas? I don't think I've ever heard anyone (non-american) use the phrase "y'all" before. :lol:

Aha! You got me on that one. :p
Lived in Texas for four years. Good catch!