Top Garden Ground Gear Force [March 14th, 2008]

Top Garden Ground Gear Force [March 14th, 2008]

• Total voters
Chopping magic this thing :) Loved it, jet power barbecue and hammond with the digger :D:D I m not so sure about the analogies of Poles running away. Someone did not do their history homework, but how can u not enjoy the TopGear crew back together.

and nobody really cares what you think, FYI

its not Top Gear, it was midly amusing, get over it and get on with your life
Your probably right, nobody really cares, except you who responded!
Thanks Viper
G

This was really really rubbish.....Maybe 2 moments that felt actually amusing, other then that it was rather boring, scripted and way over the top (cement...gimme a break).
Disappointing to say the least.

Top Gear is NOT scripted. In November 2005, Top Gear won an International Emmy in the Non-Scripted Entertainment category. They even mentioned it on the show and its on the Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear

This episode was over-the-top obvious and a complete waste of time. They should have called it the Three Stooges meet Top Gear meet Ground Force. At least then my expectations would have been set properly.

Carey, when they mentioned the emmy, Jeremy noted that he was busy writing the script for the weeks episode which made him miss accepting it :p

Doesnt say that anywhere as far as i can see :p

sigh... IT SAYS "Top Gear won the Non-Scripted Entertainment prize at the ceremony in New York. "

See it now?

You should really watch the Top Gear Bloopers to really see how unscripted it is and how much stuff does NOT make the edits for the show. They are hilarious!

So Clarkson hates Americans?

But... He's a fat, lazy, beer drinking, gun toting ass? Sounds pretty fucking U.S. American to me

Last edited:
You should really watch the Top Gear Bloopers to really see how unscripted it is and how much stuff does NOT make the edits for the show. They are hilarious!
No, just because when you see the bloopers/behind the scenes you see they say the same thing over and over again to get it right = scripted.
And if I'm correct they also sometimes loose their lines. How is that possible? Yes, only when there is a script!

some of the comments in this thread sound like you think no part of the last season of top gear was scripted...

I hate to break it to you, but pretty much every single scene in top gear nowadays is scripted and will be filmed a couple of times till they get the right take.

This little episode was just a follow on from the normal way they create a TG episode.

I thought it was funny as I knew it was going to be their normal slap stick comedy that you can see a mile off, but then after watching this so many times in top gear episodes you simply learn to put up with it.

The TGGGF episode was a real funny one, it sat and laughed at their atempts to create a nice garden.
But somehow it feelt like all was made up. Not even Top Gear would have been so stupid that they took someones backyard and destroyed it. And even more for that poor man with that crazy wife that sayed "Its okay, you can use our backyard"

But I must give some kudos for making a great show that can be rewatched allot of times in the future.

epic lulz @ whoever thinks TG ISNT scripted...

just because they won an emmy for best nonscripted program doesnt mean anything. It just means that they do their stuff so well people think it isn't scripted

The International Emmy for Non-Scripted entertainment is awarded to shows that aren't entirely scripted. As there's no such category as semi-scripted, Top Gear falls under the Non-Scripted group...

exactly, 4G92 hits it on the head.

Top gear has pretty much every "funny scene" planned out and then they just go with the flow and pretend it was spontaneous

a scripted show is like Friends or a comedy where the actors do not say anything unless it's written down before hand.

Top Gear has the plan episode plots planned out and some of the main lines and then the presenters can adlib the rest

In one of the outtakes, they had the following scene (rough transcript as I'm doing it from memory):
JC - There's a pause so it must be James,
RH - Wrong, it's you.
JC then pics up the script and realized he was the one that missed the line.