New Citroen C5

Neodov

Car(s)
94' SAAB Convertible
Just been to the offical dealer launch of this car with Citroen UK ( yes I work for a dealer! ) and have to say I was really impressed!!

What do you guys think of it?? :)

citorenc5ii_3.jpg

citorenc5ii_7.jpg

citorenc5ii_10.jpg

The stereo buttons are waaaay too small but thats my only complaint.

nice looking car...specs?

I'd get a Mondeo, that's the problem with this segment - The Mondeo will always be better

The stereo buttons are waaaay too small but thats my only complaint.

Yes, the number of stereo buttons on the PSA big-car dashboard make the baby Jesus weep.

Other than that I think it's pretty good looking, but I'd take a C6.

well, as usual I'm going to go against the grain and say I don't like the looks.
If you hid the logo on those pictures you'd say it's a BMW or an Audi.

And that is not what a Citroen should be IMO.
It should be shaped like nothing else (like a C6 for instance) and be all zany and stuff. Plus it should ride like a floating carpet.

I can see the appeal, don't think I'm blind, but those headlights are just a little too BMW 5 for me, and the interior is just too bland and generic.

And, is it me, or did the C5 just come out a few years ago and they've replaced it already?

I don't think so. I think there was a restyling but not a new model. The C5 was the first Citr?en with the C name and it was released in 2001.

And, is it me, or did the C5 just come out a few years ago and they've replaced it already?

They just facelifted it mid-term as one does with cars. Made quite a difference though, but only cosmetic.

Don't need to worry about that as that stereo you can see in the pics is fully voice controlled!!!

French voice control? How often will that go on strike?

Wagner for a French car ad? I dunno about that, though I guess that was the whole point.

I'd consider the diesel Estate/Wagon in a couple of years time when the depreciation has hit on the early cars - looks good, is a good price and will have a great Diesel, magic!