GT-R versus Z06, R8 and GT3

It's kinda growing on me.. I think it's looking pretty good, although not nearly as good as some of the competition. Which is what matters i suppose :)

and now, C&D has tested it too, reaching even better performance.

*click*

I have to point out though that it was JDM spec suspension/tyre test mule. :hmm:

I'm actually happy for Nissan, they've been making these damn things forever and now they finally have one that actually somehow lives up to the hype, i really don't think the old ones could so much. One of the things I'm reminded of when reading the R8 and GT3 part is how my one really successful racecar driver/tuner friend (I'll call him Steve) always mentioned how even corporations will set-up mid and rear engine cars with way too much of a bias towards over-steer. Sadly theirs nothing good about setting a rear heavy car up for over-steer, NOTHING. Hell you can even drift better with a under-steer but i guess even very qualified engineers are very stubborn and make wrong decisions repeatedly.

Also happy that a weird union of French leadership and Japanese Tech created such a monster :)

Does anyone else thinks it looks utterly fantastic in these two shots;
http://www.nagtroc.org/gallery/albums/uploads/2008-03-evo/evo-mag-gtr-battle-15.jpg
http://www.nagtroc.org/gallery/albums/uploads/2008-03-evo/evo-mag-gtr-battle-18.jpg

Normally it looks a little 'odd', but it looks like it goes in those two angles.

I agree with you, and as i've said before, many strange looking Jap cars have very good some very good looking angles hidden in their designs, no idea why it happens like that, but the Mki MR2 is a prime example. It looks hideous in profile, but if its at all at a angle it looks good again, atleast the one with the 87+ bumpers/skirts do.

Last edited:
I have to point out though that it was JDM spec suspension/tyre test mule. :hmm:

Edit: think I misunderstood what you meant.

Couldn't find where it was mentioned in the article, a comment underneath

Yeah, I was disappointed they used that wording, especially when the only thing test mule about it was this was one of the cars Nissan North America was testing suspension settings on for US roads.

I like this part..

US spec cars are fitted with extra-wide bucket seats

Last edited:
The photographer of that article is a member of NAGTROC, and he said that it was one of the JDM spec test mules with wiring harness for measuring equipment, and they had been constantly swapping the tyres while testing compounds. Nissan friendly borrowed it for the magazine, and the interior pictures were from another car.

link.

In Canada, the GT-R will be about $10K cheaper than the Z06 ($81,900 vs. $91,685). I don't know why. Don't let anyone know.
Germany:

GT-R: (estimated) 107,990 $US
Z06: 135,992 $US

<_<

I'd still take the Z06 over the Nissan. In my opinion, they should figure the startup time to get the car ready for a drag race into the opinion because if you're racing for bragging rights, your car needs to be set up to be able to go just as soon as you're challenged at the drag-strip/street-light. If you're busy fiddling with buttons and menus and paddles getting your car ready to race and suddenly the light turns, you're boned.

In addition, I would like to have seen a real quarter mile drag, but it looks like the Corvette was just starting to stretch her legs when they had to stop and brake.

Listen, Mr. Toretto.. Street racing in general is more stupid and irresponsible than Nick Hogan was. And we all know what happened to him.:rolleyes:

things like that belong to the track.

In Canada, the GT-R will be about $10K cheaper than the Z06 ($81,900 vs. $91,685). I don't know why. Don't let anyone know.

:p MSRP only. In the real world, with dealer mark up, I don't think so.

I've already heard reports of people paying twice MSRP for GT-R's coming to America...

:p MSRP only. In the real world, with dealer mark up, I don't think so.

I've already heard reports of people paying twice MSRP for GT-R's coming to America...

That is why I wanted to keep it a secret. :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think dealer markups are nearly as bad up here as they are in the States. Our market shows more financial restraint, especially with luxury goods like supercars... that said, even at 2x MSRP it's not a bad deal.