Why do the Top Gear presenters have crooked teeth? (is it a British thing?)

I'm not 100% certain whether this post is an attempt at comedy or whether you are actually being serious?

In case of the latter my answer would be that it isn't particularly common for British men (or women in fact) to have work done on their teeth - other than for medical reasons.

For instance - I had a half gutted tooth and went to the dentist who said I could a) spend ?50 and have it removed or b) spend ?200 and have it repaired - it wasn't at the front of my mouth so I went for B.

Cosmetic dentistry isn't a big thing here. In fact you'll have the piss taken out of you by your mates if you DO have your teeth whitened or fixed.

Why bother? To get women? 2 of them are already married, and tbh if a girl decides not to hook up with you because you have a few crap teeth then she aint worth it...

This has got to be the strangest thread ever made lol. It's only really Clarkson with crooked teeth; but as he as said in the past, he does not care about the way he looks :D

Why is the sky blue when space is black?

Because of Rayleigh scattering of white light from the sun in our atmosphere

Why did the frog cross the road?

Because that's the point of frogger?

Why do people keep making retarded threads?

People have been listening to too much Black-Eyed Peas?

Who just made his 2000th post?
*Soulja boi style* YOU! :p. Congrats.

Congratulations Lilleput! :p

Back on 'topic', Clarkson is the only one I've noticed on TG who has bad teeth and he doesn't really care about falling to pieces, as robybobey mentioned.

Maybe you're watching old episodes with rubbish quality and rubbish screen so it seems like that. :?

Also one more thing

Perfectly white, all straight gleaming teeth isn't natural - it just doesn't look right.

I mean i just brush and floss and they maintain sort of an off-white. Not shiny celebrity uber white, but i think they look nice, its part of hygiene in the US at least to have clean teeth.

Clarkson at least seems to have neon yellow teeth :)

Last edited:
Clarkson smokes..............that explains the colour of his teeth. As for the UK, a couple of thousand pounds has been spent on my teeth to have them look straight (but not uber celeb white). I use floss too....

I mean i just brush and floss and they maintain sort of an off-white. Not shiny celebrity uber white, but i think they look nice, its part of hygiene in the US at least to have clean teeth.

Clarkson at least seems to have neon yellow teeth :)

I think its a combination of Redbull and smoking do that. At least Redbull has stained my teeth :(, and we all know smoking makes them yellow.

Also, on topic yeah its a bit of a British thing, most people's teeth are perfectly heathly, they just are not shiny white remeber dental care is FREE (at point of service atleast, and if you can find an NHS dentist) in the UK :)

Seriously, bluemoose, stop posting these stupid threads.

Why is it so important that 3 motoring journalists have straight teeth?

Richard's teeth are great and not noticably crooked.
James has an overlapping front tooth but you don't notice unless you are like me and study their faces intently.
We all know about Jeremy's teeth.

I can't see anything wrong with Richard's teeth.
8yvuxv.jpg

I think it is stereotypical that Brits have bad teeth. That may have been so in the past but I am sure the younger generation is more able and willing to look after their teeth, just like any other nation.

Who the hell looks that close.
buddy%20christ.jpg

What a complete and utter douche.

Well actually, I do have another relevant question:

Have you noticed that people in both the UK and Japan have poor teeth? Is it because of both countries being islands, that it may somehow affect the way teeth are placed in the mouth? Or is it because both islands, with the exception of the UK in the past 50 or so years, that society is homogeneous, thus perpetuation of the genes? I have noticed that in the UK teeth are much better than in Japan in recent years.

I am not taking the piss out of anyone in the UK, but very curious. Help me out, I am ignorant in this matter.

Well actually, I do have another relevant question:

Have you noticed that people in both the UK and Japan have poor teeth? Is it because of both countries being islands, that it may somehow affect the way teeth are placed in the mouth? Or is it because both islands, with the exception of the UK in the past 50 or so years, that society is homogeneous, thus perpetuation of the genes? I have noticed that in the UK teeth are much better than in Japan in recent years.

I am not taking the piss out of anyone in the UK, but very curious. Help me out, I am ignorant in this matter.

Are you talking about a lack of gene flow?