Honda GPS to warn of crime hotspots

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
http://www.physorg.com/news127972790.html
Japanese automaker Honda Motor Co. will start a new system this week warning motorists when they are driving close to crime hotspots.
Based on information from the police, drivers will get an alert through Honda's onboard navigation system about areas where cars have been damaged, stolen or broken into in the past, Honda said in a statement.

The new system, which will be available from Tuesday in Japan, will rate districts by level of risk.

Japanese automakers are increasingly targeting motorists with ever more sophisticated navigation and safety systems, even though auto theft is less common here than in many other developed countries.
If this ever catches on, my car will be very nervous every time I go home.

Last edited:
what's with the ad ?

anywho, i think it's quite nice to see alternative saftey systems, but don't know if it will be taken seriosly, they should emphasise on that bike warning thing wich is really great (alerts the rider of a car that is emerging from an intersection and the driver for the motorbike that is comeing)

Imagine driving through Detroit with a car equipped in one of those :lol:

I imagine that would be pretty redundant in the us.

:rolleyes: Yeah, because our entire nation is nothing but a bunch of savages out to kill you, rape your women and plunder your goods.

Get a grip.

:rolleyes: Yeah, because our entire nation is nothing but a bunch of savages out to kill you, rape your women and plunder your goods.

Get a grip.

Yeah, I've only been stabbed three times this week!

Well, I'm having a pretty easy this week stealing stuff and shooting their rightful owners. Maybe someday I'll get around to steal one of these new Hondas so I can know where not to park...after all, wouldn't want to get it stolen now, would I?

Aside from the fact that this is a pretty stupid development, what are they basing this on. What makes a "crime hotspot"?

I'm interested to know what'll happen when I'll start the car here. "GET YOURSELF OUTTA HERE!!!!!!" :lol:

Aside from the fact that this is a pretty stupid development, what are they basing this on. What makes a "crime hotspot"?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say 'crime statistics' ?

^It's so crazy it just might work!