The 2008 Cadillac CTS

dathrilla

What do you guys think of it? I'm planning on getting one, and thought I would give a shout out to the forum...

They look nice, please post your thoughts after test driving it.

The Drive: The V6 is responsive. Although the 0-100 is not what one would expect, this caddy has the power when it needs it. Handling is good. And very little noise in the cabin at 150+kph
The Technology: 40 gb hard drive is off the hook. Record a track on the radio? NICE!
The interior lighting package is very subtle but some people like me would die for it. Ventilated seats and the pop up navigation are really cool.
The Looks: The most beautiful sedan out there amongst its competitors. 5 series? Infiniti's? Naaaaa

The Drive: The V6 is responsive. Although the 0-100 is not what one would expect, this caddy has the power when it needs it. Handling is good. And very little noise in the cabin at 150+kph
The Technology: 40 gb hard drive is off the hook. Record a track on the radio? NICE!
The interior lighting package is very subtle but some people like me would die for it. Ventilated seats and the pop up navigation are really cool.
The Looks: The most beautiful sedan out there amongst its competitors. 5 series? Infiniti's? Naaaaa

It seems you've already made your decision, put up some pictures once you get it.

While it's certainly edgy and unique in it's styling...hmm...

If I won one in a contest, I'd drive it proudly. If it were my own money...Infinity G35.

the G35 sedan looks to fat in the back to me. the coupe suits the lines much much better. the BMW's look ugly as sin im sorry. but what about audi ? to expensive ? im a GM guy through and through and the new caddys are well built. so. go for it!

It's a fantastic car, and if I was getting a classy sports sedan it'd be at the top of my list. Plus judging by your avatar it seems like your a modern Cadillac fan, so my only piece of advice is...

...get it in the right color. It looks like ass in beige or "Gold Mist", and while some cars pull off silver beautifully, they're rare because it's such a cliched color. The CTS is one of them, but only darker silvers. Black may be menacing but it's even more overplayed and doesn't look good on it. The funky pearl color looks like a Hot Wheels car that got left behind in a Home Depot paint mixing station, so even though shiny paint is cool in this case it sucks. The generic red they've been shoving down our throats fortunately matches it. And blue...what are you driving, a rental car?

Just my two cents.

I agree red is the way to go, but black would be a good second choice.

Nothing is as imposing as black. Silver isn't bad either. I was never much of a Cadillac fan until I was in the new CTS. Believe me, the interior definitely looks and feels the part (better than the frumpy dumpy plastics of BMW and Mercedes). Can't wait to see pictures of your new car :grin:

Looks great on the outside.

Sat in one during the NY Auto show. Disappointed.
It looked sooo good on pictures. Unfortunately, in real life, the quality feel is pretty low once you sit in a CTS.

It's a fantastic car, and if I was getting a classy sports sedan it'd be at the top of my list. Plus judging by your avatar it seems like your a modern Cadillac fan, so my only piece of advice is...

...get it in the right color. It looks like ass in beige or "Gold Mist", and while some cars pull off silver beautifully, they're rare because it's such a cliched color. The CTS is one of them, but only darker silvers. Black may be menacing but it's even more overplayed and doesn't look good on it. The funky pearl color looks like a Hot Wheels car that got left behind in a Home Depot paint mixing station, so even though shiny paint is cool in this case it sucks. The generic red they've been shoving down our throats fortunately matches it. And blue...what are you driving, a rental car?

Just my two cents.

I have to disagree. There are only three proper colors for a Cadillac: Black, white and red.

I have to disagree. There are only three proper colors for a Cadillac: Black, white and red.

You forgot Gold and Baby Blue...

1969cadillac.jpg

50486533.JPG

1955-cadillac-series-62-1.jpg

Of course, Gold usually ends up looking like Faded Poop Beige around this time anyway. Baby Blue, however, is timeless.

2008_Cadillac_CTS_ext_1.jpg

or

2008-Cadillac-CTS.jpg

But why not wait for the stunning coupe?

cts-coupe-concept-05.jpg

^That red is a perfect fit for the "I'm a Cadillac, deal with it" stance of the new CTS. I say go for that.

Get the Black Cherry or the White Diamond Tricoat. The latter color is absolutely beautiful in the sun.

dathrilla :

are you not gonna consider any European cars?

You've made a good choice, except I'd get the V.
Or perhaps a 2009.

the interior is Fantastic! i dunno what you were sitting in amdforever, but doesn't even sound like the same car. NAIAS in detroit with Silver on a charcoal interior, with the stick. I was IN LOVE. puts all the others in that price bracket TO SHAME. I'm personally a big fan of the G35, but even then, I'd totally give the nod to the New CTS. it just exudes cool in a unique way compared to the rest. Definately get the FE3 setup with all the sporty bits, and any color that doesnt scream "OLD MAN" is fine by me.