Top Gear Fanboys who think Fifth Gear suck

Top Gear Fanboys who think Fifth Gear suck

• Total voters
Disagree.

Both are car shows, but both appeal to different people. If you want to see grown men arguing and building silly things, and drive insane sportscars around a track, watch TG.

If you want to see reviews of cars you'd actually buy, watch FG.

Wrong,Wrong, Wrong ! Mr Nice, first of all you have got it all wrong im not afraid of being neg repped, i dont even know what my rep is. I send private message to direct the reply to 1 person and agree or disagree, when you get the message in private you are more likely to repond than in public, thats the way i see it. Secondly i sent a total of 2 messages to you and you publicly displayed both, you never told me that i shouldnt send you another. I would display your 2 replies to prove it but i have the descency not to do so. I have said i am a fan of both shows but yet you still call me a TG 'fanboy'. The way i see it i have also stood up for fifth gear and have disagreed with the number of TG fans flooding fifth gear's youtube with stupid comments, the least you could do is back me up.

Last edited:
wait till usa gear and autralian top gear starts, then we will have at least something to watch throughout the year without any wait.

I like fifth gear more than topgear because its actually about cars instead of men being overly poetic and making pop culture references about things I don't really care about.

We'll stop bothering you if you guys tell Matt to stop bothering us, deal? :D

It's quite simple for me:

I watch Top Gear when I wish to be entertained, and to alert me to new and exciting car models. Also, they tend to give a better idea of how a car actually handles with their camera-work/cinematography

I watch Fifth Gear when I wish to be informed, and see and hear actual racing driver's opinion's of the cars. Also they tend to cover a larger range of cars, or so it seems.

If Fifth Gear really burnt down Top Gear's storage facility, they suck. If they didn't, they're cool :)

Wouldn't it be the other way around? Ultimate respect to Tiff if he really did do it :p In fact, he joking said he did it in some interview. Respect to Tiff!

I agree! Go look on Fifth Gear's Youtube Channel, they are over run by these morons: CLICK ME

YouTube is just overrun by morons, period.

As for FG vs TG ... I like 'em both. Whilst I'm a huge fan of TG's automotive related tomfoolery, I enjoy FG's simple purity. Well, I did before around series 10 or 11, when FG lost the plot a bit and tried a bit too hard to out-TG TG ... which is impossible.

Be that as it may, Tiff is still a driving god. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OK when 5th gear is on form - and they have played to the 'crowd' sometimes - then I like TG and FG about the same. When they off a bit (you know who you are - presenter person and very stupid segment) then I suffer, but still like the bits not involving poor presenters. I realise that some like one for one reason and others prefer the other but hey I realise we are spoilt for choice in the UK for half decent car progs. (NB even some of the cheap satellite car progs have their appeal actually - worth a wet Sunday afternoon watch).

(NB even some of the cheap satellite car progs have their appeal actually - worth a wet Sunday afternoon watch).

Which is why I :heart: Discovery Real Time. The $30/month I shell out for satellite pay TV is worth it just for Discovery RT alone. That, and they show craploads of FG. :D

I watch both, and although I watch Top Gear a lot more on Dave and prefer it, I do think that Fifth Gear is good too.

I think most of the people here didn't bother to read my original post... I also noticed that Frenchdayz, aka stalker TG fanboy from myspace, has posted odd rebuttals that aren't true. I indeed have 3 emails from him, and I deleted 2 more. I am so glad that the ignore feature exists.

I don't feel much need to repeat myself, this was all about the continuing stuff being posted in the Fifth Gear thread, about how Fifth Gear sucks and steals all of Top Gear's ideas. That is also what the poll relates to. The psychotic fan boys, who find it necessary to hate on Fifth Gear so much that they send people emails, post weird crap in forums, and even on the Fifth Gear youtube site.

Both shows are great. It's true that FG features more cars that u can actually buy, and Top Gear gives us cars that we dream of. I don't know anybody who's got a Fiat Panda poster on the wall... Come on! We all know how it is to drive a Corsa, Golf or Clio... What's exciting about that? I mean, I like FG, but I'm having much more fun watching Top Gear. I don't know why people are making fuss... Watch what u like, and don't all the other what to do. After all, it's all about cars :)

Why can't we just watch both and be happy we have them?
Yeah, like you can live with both of your parents when they divorce (wich they will kids :evil:) ... until some judge asks you too choose because apparently, you can?t live with both. They hate each other, move away from each other, find new partners, found new families, you get all torn apart, they start hating you ... :cry:

what what the original question again, I must have forgotten remembering my childhood :? :lol: kidding.

I find Top Gear more entertaining because of it's writing and silliness. But I learn more about cars from watching Fifth Gear because they have better reviews. Both are great shows and far better than anything I can watch in the States.