Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Touchpad and webOS

Proudly supports terrible french cars Aston Martin's Avatar
    Car(s)
    Italian Targa and the 100HP
    My third different ICS: this one is CM9 and plays draw something... wifi drop outs constantly.

You can't rationalize cars like these. They're not something you buy with your head, you buy them with your heart because you love them. And who can explain love? All I know is, I love this tiny Fiat, more than I love the others.

Fiat Panda 1980 - 2011
    "I do this in my Fiat Panda."
    My greatness is often misunderstood as nonsense.

has a fetish for terrible cars rickhamilton620's Avatar
    Car(s)
    98 Accord Ex
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    My third different ICS: this one is CM9 and plays draw something... wifi drop outs constantly.
    I think wi-fi's just buggy with ICS on a lot of devices. I'm on my second ICS rom and everything was fine now wi-fi drops out. It did it on the last one too.
    "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

"
    COCOBOT WILL DESTROY YOUR CLUTCH AND ALL THAT YOU LOVE." ~ NinjaCoco

"A tad firm??? That's like saying the Titanic took on a tad of water or that being thrown into a pit of angry cobras is a tad dangerous or that bungee jumping without a bungee is a tad hazardous." ~ Spectre on the Mazda2's ride quality

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Car(s)
    98 Accord Ex
    It appears my touchpad charger has gone missing....really don't wanna pay 16 bucks for a new one. I'll keep looking for the old one.
    "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

"

"A tad firm??? That's like saying the Titanic took on a tad of water or that being thrown into a pit of angry cobras is a tad dangerous or that bungee jumping without a bungee is a tad hazardous." ~ Spectre on the Mazda2's ride quality

Car(s)
    98 Accord Ex
    I've been found the to charger. Yay for that.

My newest issue is video playback, specifically flash stuff. I've got flash installed, I can hear the sound but the video just goes blank. Frustrating and another reminder that even with a dual core processor and 1 gb of ram, there's stuff where a windows tablet would be superior.

"

Car(s)
    '10 RX-8 R3, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
    If it makes you feel any better, IE 10 is very bad at handling flash objects during page rendering and scrolling, plus the controls are tiny on a 10" 1280x800 screen. But performance-wise, it does fine all the way up to 1080p. I just use Google Chrome when I want to view flash video.

Car(s)
    98 Accord Ex
    Quote Originally Posted by thevictor390 View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, IE 10 is very bad at handling flash objects during page rendering and scrolling, plus the controls are tiny on a 10" 1280x800 screen. But performance-wise, it does fine all the way up to 1080p. I just use Google Chrome when I want to view flash video.
    Ha. It's only certain flash video players that cause issues on it, its strange. I haven't tried booting into webOS to test though.

Edit: works in webos, so it must be a hardware acceleration issue....
    Last edited by rickhamilton620; May 16th, 2012 at 6:13 AM.

"

Car(s)
    98 Accord Ex
    bump, now it wont work in web os. so annoying. i'm so tempted to sell it (they're going for 200+ bucks at the moment) and snag an inspiron duo.

"

Car(s)
    Sold this too, £125.
    Considering it's been in a drawer for 6 months, i'm happy.

You can't rationalize cars like these. They're not something you buy with your head, you buy them with your heart because you love them. And who can explain love? All I know is, I love this tiny Fiat, more than I love the others.

Fiat Panda 1980 - 2011

Car(s)
    98 Accord Ex
    Sold this too, £125.
    Considering it's been in a drawer for 6 months, i'm happy.
    Funny how things change with time, I remember you were so high on the TP too. Still wish I had mine,...I might try for a playbook...i hear you can get those for a song.

"

Car(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rickhamilton620 View Post
    Funny how things change with time, I remember you were so high on the TP too. Still wish I had mine,...I might try for a playbook...i hear you can get those for a song.

I still love WebOS, I hate the lack of apps.

Fiat Panda 1980 - 2011

Car(s)
    98 Accord Ex
    I still love WebOS, I hate the lack of apps.
    Yeah, that was my pain point..the lack of apps and the fact that some apps looked good but didn't perform well (looking at you "Communities HD") at all.

"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information