Page 4567 of 5665 FirstFirst ... 356740674467451745574565456645674568456945774617466750675567 ... LastLast
Results 91,321 to 91,340 of 113290

Thread: Random Thoughts....

LP
    Car(s)
    2011 Honda Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    I WANT SNOW, dammit. So today's forecast is making me happy...

http://www.foreca.com/Finland/Helsinki?details=20120113

Anyone else feeling bummed at the veritable LACK of snow so far? Puppeh and I want to make snow angels!
    I'm totally fine with the lack of snow:

has a fetish for terrible cars rickhamilton620's Avatar
    Car(s)
    98 Accord Ex
    I cant help but wonder if you have to be 21+ to buy non-alcoholic beer in pennsylvania. (or other states for that matter)

Quote Originally Posted by xicedlovexoxo View Post
    I tried selling my old Xbox on Craigslist, had no luck. I got one person interested who then changed their mind and said they were buying something else. I gave up.

I haven't sold anything on Ebay before, because it costs money to list things there and then there's also the evil of Paypal...I pay through it but I'd prefer to not be paid by Paypal because my money might disappear or something.
    Yah. I just got another offer. I'm hoping it's legit this time. Just have to wait for his reply.....
    Last edited by rickhamilton620; January 13th, 2012 at 5:25 AM.
    "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

"
    COCOBOT WILL DESTROY YOUR CLUTCH AND ALL THAT YOU LOVE." ~ NinjaCoco

"A tad firm??? That's like saying the Titanic took on a tad of water or that being thrown into a pit of angry cobras is a tad dangerous or that bungee jumping without a bungee is a tad hazardous." ~ Spectre on the Mazda2's ride quality

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Car(s)
    2000 Mazda Miata, 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Special
    Quote Originally Posted by Emarline View Post
    This is post #666. Although, really, I should have mentioned something about this 50 posts ago, but I like when my post count is all one number. \o/
    Should have saved it for tomorrow, Friday the 13th.

"I told everybody that I hired to have either a blue suit or a really good blue blazer and a really good pair of slacks and shiny shoes and a good shirt and a good necktie, because you're going to go to the Frankfurt motor show and you're going to be at a cocktail party, and the number-two PR guy is going to come and peek out through a curtain and look at the crowd and figure out who should be sitting at the chairman's table. And if you're suited up and you look like a million bucks and you look like a success, you'll be the guy that gets tapped to sit with the chairman. And if you're wearing a pullover sweater and no necktie, you're not going to be sitting with the chairman. You'll be sitting with some other journalists who are dressed just like you are." David E. Davis, Jr.

Autoweek.com

Car(s)
    Golf GTI
    What is with all the Beatles hate?

Whether you like them or not, they shaped the course of modern music for years. They introduced new instruments and sounds to rock and roll and they brought in influences from indian music. They experimented with new musical styles and pre-empted the creation of entire genres. They constantly adapted themselves, not following trends, but leading them.

Car(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stiggie View Post
    What is with all the Beatles hate?

Whether you like them or not, they shaped the course of modern music for years. They introduced new instruments and sounds to rock and roll and they brought in influences from indian music. They experimented with new musical styles and pre-empted the creation of entire genres. They constantly adapted themselves, not following trends, but leading them.
    Nobody's saying they weren't influential, but there's a difference between being innovative and being enjoyable. Some people just don't find the latter.

"I told everybody that I hired to have either a blue suit or a really good blue blazer and a really good pair of slacks and shiny shoes and a good shirt and a good necktie, because you're going to go to the Frankfurt motor show and you're going to be at a cocktail party, and the number-two PR guy is going to come and peek out through a curtain and look at the crowd and figure out who should be sitting at the chairman's table. And if you're suited up and you look like a million bucks and you look like a success, you'll be the guy that gets tapped to sit with the chairman. And if you're wearing a pullover sweater and no necktie, you're not going to be sitting with the chairman. You'll be sitting with some other journalists who are dressed just like you are." David E. Davis, Jr.

Autoweek.com

Car(s)
    Golf GTI
    I don't doubt that there are people who don't like them. Its the people who are saying they are over-rated I think are talking out of their arses.

Car(s)
    I don't doubt that there are people who don't like them. Its the people who are saying they are over-rated I think are talking out of their arses.
    Well, when you say that you're bigger than Jesus, it kinda leaves the field open.

Autoweek.com

Car(s)
    1979 Opel Kadett; 1972 Ford Country Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaRo View Post
    Well, when you say that you're bigger than Jesus, it kinda leaves the field open.
    Ron Nasty once was accused of claiming The Rutles were "Bigger than God".
    Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
    (Roger Ebert)

Car(s)
    Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
    Hi - back from Euro Disney and a virus attack. Kids enjoyed themselves anyhow - bloody expensive though, I prefer Florida but the Mrs will not fly (Well only on her broom at a full moon ).

Car(s)
    1979 Opel Kadett; 1972 Ford Country Sedan
    Blasting Peace sells... at full volume in a desperate bid to a) get "Hey Jude" out of my system and b) wake up and go to work.

Also, I just saw that the first episode of "The Finder" (which had a fine backdoor pilot during Bones' last season) is on eztv.
    Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
    (Roger Ebert)

Car(s)
    2013 Palio Sporting
    I am fine with the Beatles, but I really despise the Rolling Stones.
    There, I said it.

MWF
    His previously worked fine... MWF's Avatar
    Car(s)
    MX-5 1.8i Phoenix SE, BMW 330D SE Touring
    I don't have a problem with the Beatles' work, per se. It's music I just don't happen to like.

What gets my goat is how much they are put on pedestals and revered above all others at a time when there were so many ground-breaking and influential artists around. So many people seem to have taken Lennon's claim that they were bigger than Jesus and taken it to heart. Still if you think about the fact that on hearing the news of Elvis' death Frank Zappa is purported to have said "Great career move" it's no small wonder that Lennon and McCartney are similarly adored, one having been shot and the other widowed.

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

Nothing to see here, move along people! ashspet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobol74 View Post
    Hi - back from Euro Disney and a virus attack. Kids enjoyed themselves anyhow - bloody expensive though, I prefer Florida but the Mrs will not fly (Well only on her broom at a full moon ).
    welcome back!

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible- but pissing everyone off, is a piece of cake.

The Police ALL the way. "My" first band, starting at the tender age of four! And thirty years later, I ended up working really closely with Sting's eldest son's band for several years (after having shot them opening for The Police on the reunion tour). So strange how things work out.

Jay
    Car(s)
    2014 Subaru Impreza 2.0i 5 door
    Quote Originally Posted by Redliner View Post
    I am fine with the Beatles, but I really despise the Rolling Stones.
    There, I said it.
    Thank you! Rolling Stones are to me a glorified bar band.

the fool on the hill

Car(s)
    No a bit better than that, I prefer them to the Beatles but some L&McC songs done by cover artists are better than their versions.

I like 'paint it black' very much fits well with the Vietnam War (US TV prog a while ago featured it). Honky Tonk Women is good too as is most of the singles, a lot of their album stuff I can not stand though. I have seen them live but it was in their huge venue period so I think it was not as good as it could be.
    Last edited by Cobol74; January 13th, 2012 at 1:51 PM.

Car(s)
    Golf GTI
    I can't believe what I'm hearing. Who are you lot going to decide was over-rated crap next... Led Zeppelin?

MWF
    His previously worked fine... MWF's Avatar
    Car(s)
    MX-5 1.8i Phoenix SE, BMW 330D SE Touring
    OK. Beethoven sucked donkeys balls, Mozart was a plagiarist and Tchaikovsky had a penchant for little boys.

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

Car(s)
    I can't believe what I'm hearing. Who are you lot going to decide was over-rated crap next... Led Zeppelin?
    I think we are all entitled to opinions, and to express them, yours could have been a little less strident I think. I personally hate people who 'play the man' and not the 'ball'. ...

Car(s)
    1969 AMC Rambler
    I'm just going to leave this here.

Thread Information