Covid 19 CRISIS

Others are right. It does not mean they are "commercially" unreliable.
Not sure if serious... China has exported toys with lead paint, exploding tires, contaminated seafood, toothpaste with poisonous chemicals, pet food that killed pets, poisonous cosmetics, and most recently COVID-19 test kits that gave false results.

Not sure if serious... China has exported toys with lead paint, exploding tires, contaminated seafood, toothpaste with poisonous chemicals, pet food that killed pets, poisonous cosmetics, and most recently COVID-19 test kits that gave false results.

The products have arrived. They are reliable.

Many of their product are sh*t, and that is also known by all those who decide to buy those products and resell them rebranded, and by anyone who wants to have them cheap (but people with little money are quite more understandable in this behaviour. And they pay personally the price of their error).

It's not strange that the US (and many others) are doing this, but it will have natural long-term consequences that can't be ignored.
I don't necessarily think that's true, mainly because this is clearly not a normal situation.
They are not exactly clear on their situation either, since they have no pandemic, yet they will stay at home one week (to what end, exactly?)
To put it bluntly, it doesn't really matter. Whatever is going on in Russia has little impact on the rest of the world at this point, what was (is?) happening in China does have an extremely adverse impact.
Political monstruosity does not mean commercial unreliability.
One follows the other, China's political stability is the reason why they are basically the manufacturing arm of the west. However this has exposed the flaws in their regime and showed that they are willing to sacrifice the world (literally speaking) to their political ambitions. This raises reliability issues in all aspects. What if tomorrow something else happens and the government repurposes all of their factories to some internal Chinese needs (like PPE for their medics)?
After all, the US could have avoided most of what's happening now, it's not China's fault that they have ignored a thousand alarm-bells ringing loudly.
While we like to behave otherwise, US is not the only country in the world. Even Asian countries that had it under control are seeing an uptick in cases again and are forced to start implementing similar measures as we are all under right now. Could US have acted quicker and more decisively? Certainly. Does it change the fact that China's cover up of the issue caused a pandemic and a world wide economic (to put it mildly) downturn? Not even remotely.
Still, soap breaks down the shell around the genetic material; without that shell the virus is just loose RNA that can't get through the cell membrane.
Just being pedantic :p

The city we have our business in finally did the right thing and issued a stay at home order.

Earlier I though a half a million death toll was plausible but at this point the CDC 1.7 million worse case scenario is becoming more likely

Dallas County shelter in place order extended through May 20th. Only dissenting vote was our resident moron, John Wiley Price.

Earlier I though a half a million death toll was plausible but at this point the CDC 1.7 million worse case scenario is becoming more likely

Nope, I agree we are looking at one hell of a roller coaster ride for the next few months or even year.

Just heard that a junior dragster mom that works at a nursing home has caught the virus. She is the sweetest person I know, I wish her a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

I don't necessarily think that's true, mainly because this is clearly not a normal situation.

You'd be 100% right, if other people weren't dying in the countries that equipment was being sent to. In this situation, I think many will have a good memory. Now it's a sanitary problem, later it will be political.

To put it bluntly, it doesn't really matter. Whatever is going on in Russia has little impact on the rest of the world at this point, what was (is?) happening in China does have an extremely adverse impact.

I agree, I was just pointing out why Russia is named together with China.

One follows the other, China's political stability is the reason why they are basically the manufacturing arm of the west. However this has exposed the flaws in their regime and showed that they are willing to sacrifice the world (literally speaking) to their political ambitions.

I think it's more of a case of caring more about bad publicity than the safety of everyone, but mostly yes.

This raises reliability issues in all aspects. What if tomorrow something else happens and the government repurposes all of their factories to some internal Chinese needs (like PPE for their medics)?

The danger has always been there (and I can't understand why -so much- of the Western production was moved to China). But if they repurposed, then they would fall down where many other are (including the US).

While we like to behave otherwise, US is not the only country in the world. Even Asian countries that had it under control are seeing an uptick in cases again and are forced to start implementing similar measures as we are all under right now. Could US have acted quicker and more decisively? Certainly. Does it change the fact that China's cover up of the issue caused a pandemic and a world wide economic (to put it mildly) downturn? Not even remotely.

You are right.

I can't understand why people, and Governments, were trusting China and not acting, though. It was crystal clear that something had the potential of being completely wrong with that thing. It has been since China put the Wuhan quarantine in place. THAT was the time to act.

I have not updated what is happening in Michigan for some time. Michigan is currently at 10,791 confirmed cases(4th in USA by state), and 417 dead(3rd). Governor Whitmer has asked the legislature for a 70 day extension to the stay at home order, essential business only, and schools are closed for the rest of the school year.

This is why I haven't updated things much lately.

1953 new cases and 62 dead in the last 24 hours.

I can't understand why people, and Governments, were trusting China and not acting, though. It was crystal clear that something had the potential of being completely wrong with that thing. It has been since China put the Wuhan quarantine in place. THAT was the time to act.
Because we been here before, original SARS, MERS, H1N1

Never China had quarantined 60 million people and disrupted their own economy to contain it.
The moment China sacrificed part of its economy to block the outbreak, it was clear that they were very, very worried.

Never China had quarantined 60 million people and disrupted their own economy to contain it.
The moment China sacrificed part of its economy to block the outbreak, it was clear that they were very, very worried.
True but human nature being what it is... Remember even Cuomo/DeBlasio were very resistant to school closures and stay-at-home orders even after we seen what it had done in your country.

Think about it this way as of now there are 38 states with full lock-down orders. Reliable numbers from other states and yet there are states that wont act. Play the ball where it lies - RIGHT NOW - ACT

"I don't understand why' every state hasn't issued stay-at-home orders" Anthony Fauci

They can play the blame game but the buck stops with the executive - Governors and the President - Play the ball where it lies - RIGHT NOW - ACT

Rian from Cork got a 10th birthday surprise

Think about it this way as of now there are 38 states with full lock-down orders. Reliable numbers from other states and yet there are states that wont act. Play the ball where it lies - RIGHT NOW - ACT

"I don't understand why' every state hasn't issued stay-at-home orders" Anthony Fauci

They can play the blame game but the buck stops with the executive - Governors and the President - Play the ball where it lies - RIGHT NOW - ACT

Its been beyond the states for more than a month, but Trump has yet to implement a proper defense of the country.

He did good stopping flights to China on Jan 31st, but did he didn't stop people who had been to that region from entering the US. You still get indirect flights.

Gov Cuomo spends a good deal of his daily updates laying the way forward for the country, but he mostly ignores him

Last edited:
Our death toll almost doubled today, from 36 to 61.

Total number of cases now 6101.

Quebec-20200403.png

Last edited:
The US made Thalidomide and approved it for sale, we also approved the 737-800 Maxx, and the new Boeing tanker based on the 767 that the USAF won't take delivery on because of a flaw so bad it endangers the aircraft and crew, there is also the Ford Pinto, lead paint, and a shit ton of other things. I'm not saying China is great, but the US is no shining bastion of product safety.

What product safety measures (and consequences) we do have are a direct result of our government regulations.

Reactions: MWF
The US made Thalidomide and approved it for sale

No it didn't.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scie...america-and-epidemic-birth-defects-180963165/

Bad shit has come from the US, but unlike the PRC, the public has a voice to stop it or not let it happen again. Hence we have things like the FDA, while the PRC has death camps.

The ideology of the two is vastly different: the US, for the most part, is based on liberal individualism. The PRC is run by utopianists who believe any means justifies their magical utopia.

Last edited: