Clarkson: Still not sure what to do about the Stig

Silver Stig? Grey Stig? What color should he or she be?

maybe they will just stick with the white overalls and tweak the helmet design thereabouts. looking forward to see what graduate comes out from the stig farm lol

They kind of have to stick with the white (merchandising/marketing and all that). Just call it White Stig MkII and say he had to go back to the farm or whatever for some modifications because he got beat in the Liana by Rubens Barrichello. :nod:

Then send MkII out to put down a new time. ;)

Hire Rubens Barichello?
Keep whoever driver is the fastest. So the moment someone goes around faster than RB he's sacked!

Just out of curiosity:

Could they reuse Ben Collins, but re-present him as a "new" stig? I mean, the stig's identity is a secret anyway. Nobody would ever know if Ben Collins is being rehired as the stig.

Remember with the old Stig, they just killed him off in a 2 minute clip and brought a new one? This time around they made a campagin to replace him. May all this advertisments, drive-by shooting, and the huge circus be just a cover up that they may actually be rehiring Ben Collins as the stig, but don't want to appear as if that was the case?

I guess today's episode solves all the stig controversy...now let the debate on who it is like, just like the good old times :D

Just out of curiosity:

Could they reuse Ben Collins, but re-present him as a "new" stig? I mean, the stig's identity is a secret anyway. Nobody would ever know if Ben Collins is being rehired as the stig.

No, never...
I think Collins and the BBC are really properly done with each other. Not only I do think you won't see Collins as the Stig again, but you won't see him anywhere around any BBC programme.
That's no problem, if there's something not lacking in the UK is driving talent.

some say hes like an iphone and get updated every time you turn your back to him,
wile other say he was never human, and you cant expect pets to live for ever. so we got a new one.....

ladies and gentelmen please welcome Stig 3.0

(for first hotlap intro)

loved the baby stig ending :)

Interesting clip would be since he was beat by Rubens Barrichello play it up like his time has passed and bring him behind the shed "old yeller" style. A bit on edge, but it does go along the lines of shooting him in the back.

After you can introduce a new fresh stig and have him top the F1 board again to prove himself.

No, never...
I think Collins and the BBC are really properly done with each other. Not only I do think you won't see Collins as the Stig again, but you won't see him anywhere around any BBC programme.
That's no problem, if there's something not lacking in the UK is driving talent.

Exactly. Which is a shame, really. When he was the Stig, his driving was always spot on and more importantly...consistent. But, too many bridges...and all that.

Nobody in the world has ever driven around the Top Gear track more than Ben Collins, and not many people have driven as many cars as Ben Collins have due to his employment as a Top Gear employee. Experience on the track isn't a major issue. Just give the new stig a few days on the track and it will master it.

Sadly though, the stig character is more popular than the man who plays him. I thought that BC would have gotten more exposure after the revelation. But not quite as much as most have expected.

I know I'm a geek, but I have to ask:

Who here has seen the new Tron movie?

If so, when you say this guy..
TronStig.jpg

walk out, did you also think.."Aha! It's the Evil Stig!"?

Or am I just that sad? :p

LOL evil Stig! That's not the Stig, that's the Stig's futuristic cousin.

Just out of curiosity:

Remember with the old Stig, they just killed him off in a 2 minute clip and brought a new one? This time around they made a campagin to replace him. May all this advertisments, drive-by shooting, and the huge circus be just a cover up that they may actually be rehiring Ben Collins as the stig, but don't want to appear as if that was the case?

That's an interesting notion. I like it. :)

Having said that, BC did say that at the initial audition with Andy at Dunsfold he pretty much matched Perry's time in just an afternoon of laps. So theoretically any up and coming driver could get up to speed pretty quickly. And it sounds like BC was all but thrown in at the deep end, so they're likely to do the same again.

I have a question. Why have we not heard from any other drivers who did the Wilman audition/test 8 years ago? Was Ben Collins the only candidate?

Use Collins?
He'd probably write a new book titled "I'm the STIG. Again".

Put Tiff Needell in the costume.

Maybe all this drama about Collins as the Stig is to throw us off the idea that Collins might still be the Stig? </conspiracytheorist>

I doubt it, not when he already signed up as a presenter for FG. At least Tiff is still on good terms. Who knows, maybe in the future, they would've mellowed and get together again.

Everyone familiar with Spy vs. Spy from Mad Comics? Yes? Stig vs. Stig, white vs. black. Every time the stig appears on the show, over the course of a series, the Black Stig either makes an appearance, or outright tries to ruin the sketch. With mad stunts. Ending in a head on collision in the final show with only one Stig rising from the wreck.

I think I've found a long term solution. On Jools Holland's new year show that I've just been watching there is a bloke with a clock on his head, making his identity. Could he be a suitable replacement? He might have issues getting into some of the cars but it's nothing a jeweler and a gas axe won't fix...

gotta be honest, I was thrilled to hear Tiff was involved with Danny Boyle's training.

I have always wanted Tiff to be a 4th TG presenter. I know it's almost imposible, but maybe just bin the stig and use tiff.

But the real question is: Do we now need a new ?Power board? ?
400953517_5167934110.jpg

What about that Potato chap?
jason-plato-btcc-champion-2010.jpg

Just out of curiosity:

I had the same thought as it would fool us and they had an open secret nobody would know about! Quite brilliant that would be.