Random Thoughts... [Photographic Edition]

Seems like someone "slipped out" an image of the coming E-PL2...

e-pl2.jpg

And it seems to come with a new macro-flash accessory...

light.png

Have to say the E-PL2 looks good in silver. If it gets the weak AA-filter and image processor from the E-5, and they manage to keep the price in the same range as the E-PL1 it will be pretty spectacular...

News back from Nikon on the D90 repair: not good. They're having to order a buttload of parts:\

So what was wrong with it? Seems like i have missed something.

Aw, I liked the retro styling of the new PENs. Hopefully they'll come out with an E-P3 that retains that flavor. And that macro flash looks like it came off a Sentinel from The Matrix. Ever since a failed attempt at using my E-P1 with a macro focus lens in blindingly bright light, I've been trying to figure out if I need a shade for the LCD or a new body with an EVF; if the latter, I'll wait until the E-P3 or its equivalent is released so E-P2 prices go down.

So what was wrong with it? Seems like i have missed something.

• Shutter button intermittently failing (ever had an SLR that functions more poorly than point-and-squirt cameras that expose half-a-year after you press the button?)
  • AF needed calibrating
  • Rear thumb grip peeling off

In happier news, I just crispened up my website :)

Last edited:
  • Shutter button intermittently failing (ever had an SLR that functions more poorly than point-and-squirt cameras that expose half-a-year after you press the button?)
  • AF needed calibrating
  • Rear thumb grip peeling off
Silly nikons :rolleyes:

:p

Hmm... regarding my website, what font do you see on the links and main text? And what browser are you using?

This is what I see, Firefox 3.6.13. :)

n7Rrq.png

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone. Looks like the font import works well in Chrome and Safari, but is inconsistent in Firefox and non-existent in IE.

IE8 looks nearly identical to Firefox once you click through, I was just being cheeky.
I'm aware ;)

I've changed the alternative font to something nicer than Arial, but still something that appears to be a default existing font.

Adobe Bridge CS5:
blargh.jpg

FastStone Image Viewer:
blargh2.jpg

I Love adobe bridge!

I got tired of Bridge a long time ago. I use Fotostation. It's simpler, and has more of what I want.

its always the little things... I was just complaining to my friend about my slow shutters speeds and he reminded me that I always have my circ pol on. Taking it off had the camera (in aperture priority) go from 1/6th to 1/25th. aye!

edit: in other news, as some of you may know I've been tempted to get some new gear recently. However, I keep figure out more and more little things about my current gear/technique which calls for further experimenting and, in turn, pushes back gear acquisition. However, there may be some L in my near future...

Last edited:
Ah, it seems my hotlinking fails. I was referring specifically to the "fire birds" photo. I do like the rest as well :)

EDIT: Fixed now