Top UK Sports Presenters Suspended Over Sexist Comments

Top UK Sports Presenters Suspended Over Sexist Comments

• Yes, it was just male banter

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No, there is no place for this kind of attitude even if the comments were private.

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
True. Even though I think they are tossers, this isn't as and of itself sackable. Disciplinary, definitely. However Keys went on radio today and complained of "dark forces" - pretty much sealed his fate, I think.

I do get the impression, however, that Sky are happy to see the back of them. Which considering they have spent 20 years presenting their flagship programme says a fair bit for what it was like to work with them behind the scenes.

It is beginning rather to look that way.

Gross Misconduct in most UK employment contracts includes "bringing the name of the company into disrepute" and is therefore justification for immediate dismissal. Question is how did the original tape get out? One angry Sky employee or did the company leak that itself? Chances are we'll never know for sure but if you consider that is does smell a bit fishy.

That said with prehistoric attitudes like theirs I have no sympathy for them.

reading some of those user comments is at times just outright scary

many seem to think that he was set up by sky and its a excuse to get rid of him...

according to some of my mates who watch football alot, one of these blokes isnt a very nice chap in general and most of them are quite happy they have gone because they hope to get better commentry/punditry now.

I may have a little - not a lot - of sympathy if they were right about her performance, but it was OK. One is left with the conclusion that they really are predjudiced. Still this is all rather fishy to me I agree with MWF, funny that - how did these private comments get into the public domain?

Anyone remember the Ron Atkinson incident? He actually broadcast them, I think he thought his mike was off when it was not. He really did not think of them as racist comments - it just was the way he always thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Atkinson

And the delicious irony of the whole thing? Gray and Keys have been championing the use of video evidence in support of match officials for years!!!! :lmao:

It is beginning rather to look that way.

Gross Misconduct in most UK employment contracts includes "bringing the name of the company into disrepute" and is therefore justification for immediate dismissal. Question is how did the original tape get out? One angry Sky employee or did the company leak that itself? Chances are we'll never know for sure but if you consider that is does smell a bit fishy.

I am finding it kind of fishy that Rupert Murdoch strolls into town and all of a sudden Sky is all over the news. it honestly feels like Murdoch has walked in and said "sort your shit out now" and all of a sudden we're getting sky sports presenters being shoved out the door (i find it highly suspicious that they only just released the footage of Andy Gray just days after his comments), News of the World suddenly saying "you know, this phone tapping business. it might be happening after all" and all of it to time with Murdoch's news corporation trying to fully buy out B Sky B.

I didn't think the comments themselves warranted a sacking, in any context. Commentators and writers here have been getting away with (Apology > Fine > back to work) worse in regards to their opinions of women umpiring/calling games of the AFL here. I too, however, am interested in how the these comments became public... :|

And the delicious irony of the whole thing? Gray and Keys have been championing the use of video evidence in support of match officials for years!!!! :lmao:

A finely observed comment, my metaphorical internet hat, comes off for you sir!

:lmao:

Reppage en route
EDIT: I must spread more Rep around before, bla bla bla.

Last edited:
I am finding it kind of fishy that Rupert Murdoch strolls into town and all of a sudden Sky is all over the news. it honestly feels like Murdoch has walked in and said "sort your shit out now" and all of a sudden we're getting sky sports presenters being shoved out the door (i find it highly suspicious that they only just released the footage of Andy Gray just days after his comments), News of the World suddenly saying "you know, this phone tapping business. it might be happening after all" and all of it to time with Murdoch's news corporation trying to fully buy out B Sky B.

he was in the UK before going to Davos for the economic summit while this stuff blew up.

So, when will Loose Women be canned for making constant references to men being useless at everything?