The next epic race, where would like them to go?

Why hasn't anyone suggested Mexico?

Do I have to do everything around here?

^ that could actually be quite a good race. I've both driven the Nullarbor and taken the train .. neither is particularly easy. I think they'd need to make it a race from Perth to Sydney (or vice versa) .. both take 3 nights to complete (if one person does all the driving). You'd stick Clarkson in the car. His dislike of camping would mean he would have to plan his days so that he ends up at a motel each night (not an easy feat between Adelaide and Perth). When I drove from Melbourne to Perth, I stayed in Adelaide the first night, Nullarbor the second night, Kalgoorlie the third, which left a 7 hour doddle in to Perth on the 4th day (I couldn't think of any set of stops which wouldn't have made at least one of the days torture). The train is taxing because it moves so slowly ... you look out the window, watch the odd tree trundle past and think "we are never going to get there".

Or they could go Darwin to Adelaide and race the Ghan or from Queensland to Victoria. They could never incorporate Tasmania because it's too big a gap to race on.

Reliving the Carrera Panamericana would be neat, but they would be shoot to death in the process.

I just came here to post that what I spotted this thread. I half-assumed someone already would have suggested it, and I'm glad I wasn't dissapointed. :p

I'd love them to go to Australia! :)

I just came here to post that what I spotted this thread. I half-assumed someone already would have suggested it, and I'm glad I wasn't disappointed. :p

Same here. I still think a recreation of La Carrera Panamericana would work (I don't think Mexico is quite as dangerous as the media would have you believe.), but I still would love to see the guys try to recreate a classic endurance race.

Something like, say, the Mille Miglia. Recreate the race from Brescia to Rome and back in cheap Italian sports cars - say a Fiat X1/9 or 124 Spider, a Lancia Montecarlo and an Alfa GTV6 for Jeremy. The penalty for failure would be completing the race in an old Fiat 500.

$1500 two wheel drive cars across north america. They start in Mexico City and end in northern Canada someplace.

Premise: Just how (un)reliable are French cars bought for ?1500?

Starting point: Paris.

The challenge: Drive to Dakar.

ETA: And I just remembered I've already suggested a Paris - Dakar thing once. *facepalm* But at least this time is comes with a proper(?) premise!

Last edited:
I was just thinking how awesome it would be if they would do a Dakar-connected race.

I would like to see the boys crossing the old Soviet Union territory. The cars could be cheap soviet cars (Zastava, Lada, Gaz)...

Starting at Poland/Belarus border and going all the way to the pacific coast. Really long journey

Last edited: