Random Thoughts....

This pattern has been happening for hundreds of thousands of years. It's just that we weren't around to speculate it.

And in other news, I really need to stop drinking alcohol too quickly. It's a bad habbit for me.
Here is a cover of the time magazine from 1977...
big-freeze.jpg

When I'm older, I'm going to start collecting vintage mags like Time and Nat Geo, mostly because I liked what they advertised in them.

Why wait? Start now! I already have old National Geographic ads as decorations in my apartment. Thrift stores around here sell them at bulk rates, so go get them before other people do.

When I get older I am going to die. 100%
When I get older I am going to retire. 85%
When I get older I am going to have a nice take away curry (Well tonight actually) 98%
When I get older I am going to watch the TV 99%
When I get older I am going to be less annoying 0%.

:lol:

Speaking of patterns and weather, don't relatively big volcanic eruptions tend to fuck shit up for a year? Like, you know, the one that happened last year? I'm just going purely on memory, but I seem to recall volcanic eruptions being tied to excess moisture and weird weather on several different occasions, in both recent history and the archeological record.

But I could be just talking out my ass, it's relatively early.

Me yesterday on IRC while talking about how mexicans are racist towards other latin americans:

Hmm, have I done the dishes yet?
Is everything packed for tomorrow?
I do need to get a copy of Leihold's
printer needs fixing.I should.....oh...oh God I'm growing up!!

On other notes
-I still feel lazy and unproductive
-The Haruhi books are meh-good though I haven't read anything I didn't saw animated yet
-Getting a pic of the Merc 1113 on the city is proving to be a bit trickier than I thought
-programming is easy
-No i really like dressing like this
-No I'm not gay, I hate ed hardy with a passion
-Speaking of gay people, more and more are getting murdered over here every day.
-our avatars show up on google images if you search for FinalGear facepalm
-can Xenophobia towards latinos be that bad on the U.S?
-this sure is a lot of random thoughts

Why wait? Start now! I already have old National Geographic ads as decorations in my apartment. Thrift stores around here sell them at bulk rates, so go get them before other people do.

When I'm older, I'm going to start collecting vintage mags like Time and Nat Geo, mostly because I liked what they advertised in them.

Ohhh, I love old National Geographics...I own a copy of every issue.

Me yesterday on IRC while talking about how mexicans are racist towards other latin americans:

On other notes
-The Haruhi books are meh-good though I haven't read anything I didn't saw animated yet
-Getting a pic of the Merc 1113 on the city is proving to be a bit trickier than I thought
-programming is easy
-Speaking of gay people, more and more are getting murdered over here every day.

The Xenophobia towards latinos in the US is probably due to the fact since instead of reforming immigration as a whole, we just ignore illegal immigrants being illegal because we know the process is unfair. This means along with the people who rightly deserve to come here a shitload of criminals come in too and you end up turning on the TV and hear about the guy who is an illegal who rear ends a state rep drunk driving and nothing happens, or some rapist who has been kicked out for being illegal before came back and raped someone else and instead of getting mad at the government that allows it everyone turns racist against the immigrants because of all the crap they are hearing about.

So it's mostly misdirected hate that is supposed to go to the system ending up on the people that it is about. It's like how a lot of people also hate people on welfare and disability because the government gives it out like candy to some people that don't deserve it and the people who actually are not physically or mentally able to work.

On that note, my health has officially fucked me enough I have been forced to drop out of school. :|

On other notes
-programming is easy

On a personal level, perhaps, more so in the South than other places I would think. But immigrating from Honduras will look damn good on a resume or university application.

The Xenophobia towards latinos in the US is probably due to the fact since instead of reforming immigration as a whole, we just ignore illegal immigrants being illegal because we know the process is unfair. This means along with the people who rightly deserve to come here a shitload of criminals come in too and you end up turning on the TV and hear about the guy who is an illegal who rear ends a state rep drunk driving and nothing happens, or some rapist who has been kicked out for being illegal before came back and raped someone else and instead of getting mad at the government that allows it everyone turns racist against the immigrants because of all the crap they are hearing about.

So it's mostly misdirected hate that is supposed to go to the system ending up on the people that it is about. It's like how a lot of people also hate people on welfare and disability because the government gives it out like candy to some people that don't deserve it and the people who actually are not physically or mentally able to work.

You know it's pretty much the same thing here, only not with Mexicans, failing governement policy attracts riff-raff, good people who actualy need help/ want to work/build a life get looked the wrong way at for it....

On the other hand,
I knew a Maroccan once, clever chap, coulden't tell that he wasen't born here if he didn't tell you, local small time crimelord, had his finger in a few business 'ventures' in the local Arabian neighbourhood and some goons, you know the kind, the kind you talk to when you need a cheap TV....
Biggest damn racist I ever met :p

Last edited:
I have an exam tomorrow, which isn't so bad, because I'm pretty confident that I've prepared myself quite well. But today I realized that I've got another exam next wednesday. I mean, sure, I knew the date some time before, but only now did it hit me that I've got less than a week left to prepare.
And then another exam a week after that, with two days of block course before that.
And then another exam five days after that.
And then another exam on the very next day.
And then...
FFFuuuuuu~ :blowup:

Last edited:
-can Xenophobia towards latinos be that bad in the U.S?

No. A lot of America that never had Latino immigrants (South East, middle America like Iowa and Nebraska) are now getting them, and as you can imagine it can be shocking to people who are used to only one kind of culture and language; imagine if black folks immigrated from America to Honduras...how would you think your fellow countrymen would react? I moved from Madison, Wisconsin that is 90% white to Aurora Illinois that is 30% white. I would be a liar if I said I felt weird for a time.
120 years ago it was the Irish, Chinese and Italians that were targets for racial or cultural discrimination, now it is the Latinos.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for answering the xenophobia question, it really was a random thought but it seems, like everything, that it varies from place to place.

On other news, the battery app on my phone says I have no Battery at all, but still the mighty Nokia Soldiers on

Omen of the impeding 30-foot-cat attack apocalypse?

Or a localized attack. I don't know how well the XTerra fared in the NHTSA "Dinosaur Sized Cat Attack" test so it may not be an issue.

Dear Labmate,

Please shut your fucking mouth. No-one gives a shit about your space program interests and how you were the only person in your neighborhood in Louisiana that didn't want to be an astronaut. I don't want to listen to you rambling for 30 minutes just to get 1 minute of actual facts. I also don't want to have to speak to you after your I-have-a-dream speech because I know you'll just ignore me because of your superiority complex.

Sincerely,
Fuck you