Peugeot gone from the WRC world

No Boss

Neener, neener, I banned your title!
Car(s)
'07 Volvo XC70 Polestar, '01 Miata SE
TopGear.com

Well as a rally fan this just sucks, Peugeot was one of the big players in the WRC world. I wish I could keep up more on the WRC, but being from the states, you need to stay up until 4 am and watch SpeedTV just to see highlights.

So who is left now... Subaru, Citreon, and Ford??

Well, nice to see them concentrating on LeMans, but it's a shame that it had to come at the cost of WRC.

Eh? Peugeot quit at the end of the 2005 season - it's privateer teams running the cars this year (unless this story refers to the support - if any - the factory has been giving those privateer teams)

fbc said:
Eh? Peugeot quit at the end of the 2005 season - it's privateer teams running the cars this year (unless this story refers to the support - if any - the factory has been giving those privateer teams)

Yeah, I was thinking that too. There haven't been any official factory teams this year, just privateers... But perhaps fbc is right in thinking they're withdrawing all support of said privateers. Very sad if that's true.

watto said:
fbc said:

Yeah, I was thinking that too. There haven't been any official factory teams this year, just privateers... But perhaps fbc is right in thinking they're withdrawing all support of said privateers. Very sad if that's true.

Yeah me too. They haven't had a team since Gronholm went to Ford, right?

jeffy777 said:
watto said:
fbc said:

Correct (well, not a factory team - I don't know how much support has been given to the privateers).

Team Bozian Racing that runs the peugoet this year is ownd by peugeot ..
so in a way .. peugot is running a factory team this year too .. just like Citroen..
only they dont make new cars .. but drive last years leftowers..

fbc said:
jeffy777 said:
watto said:
fbc said:

Correct (well, not a factory team - I don't know how much support has been given to the privateers).

Thanks for that clear up guys. Like I said, it's impossible to hear WRC news here in the states unless you suffer from Insomnia. :thumbsup:

No Boss said:
fbc said:
jeffy777 said:
watto said:
fbc said:

Thanks for that clear up guys. Like I said, it's impossible to hear WRC news here in the states unless you suffer from Insomnia. :thumbsup:

Well, you can always download the coverage ;)

Subaru Australia pulled out of the Aus rally as they won it like 10years in a row. now they are doing track and with the old rally drives and the cars. they only changes the suspention on the cars and that is it :lol:

Kebab gud said:
Team Bozian Racing that runs the peugoet this year is ownd by peugeot ..
so in a way .. peugot is running a factory team this year too .. just like Citroen..
only they dont make new cars .. but drive last years leftowers..

AFAIK Bozian is not owned by Peugeot nor is Kronos owned by Citroen. They are private companies who happen to be working closely with Peugeot and Citroen. Anyway, neither are factory teams either, at least as far as my definition of "factory" team goes. Which is, a team which builds the cars and races them. Bozian and Kronos run cars built and developed by Peugeot and Citroen respectively.

Re: Peugeot gone from the WRC world

No Boss said:

Skoda! Heh.

Bring back Audi , Porsche and Renault!
I want to see a A3 or a Megane WRC!(wouldn't be that hard for the megane just take the Megane Cup)

p0w3r said:
teeb said:
No Boss said:

Skoda! Heh.
they left also :p

its only Subaru and Ford as the manufacturer teams this year.
The Ford team is BP so its only Subaru who are a true factory team.

I wish Toyota still competed....

BMW shud make a rally version of the Mini. Go back to the glory days.

peter3hg2 said:
p0w3r said:
teeb said:
No Boss said:

Skoda! Heh.
they left also :p

its only Subaru and Ford as the manufacturer teams this year.
The Ford team is BP so its only Subaru who are a true factory team.

but doesnt ford work with m sport to develop the focus?
its like prodrive and subaru...