Rainbow Six Vegas

Goose+

I noticed recently something called Rainbow Six Vegas is out on PC and Xbox 360 soon. This really got me excited because I am an Xbox live dude who wants a cool new FPS.

However, on Xbox live on the Market place it wont let me download the demo of the game. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

I remember having CS on my Xbox 1 on the Xbox live and it rocked so much. I hope this will be just as cool :D

FPS'es on consoles are retarded. Mouse + KB FTW.

Yeah, I agree. So many cheaters.
No, it's not that. The console versions suck 'cause... well, it's a console, and the PC version sucks 'cause it's laggy as hell.

Ok then what about COD2 on the 360? the GFX on that are awesome :)
I just can't stand any FPS on the console. I'll kick your ass any day with my mouse / KB over your little joystick. ;)

<-- hardcore PC FPS gamer

Xbox live allows you to sit on a sofa in a communal part of a house, where as a PC you're upstairs in a dark room with the blind closed. Also, when you have friends round you can play 360 with them for fun where with PCs you can't. Keyboards also can be annoying if you're in the dark because you can't always see which keys are which. TV Screens are way bigger than PC monitors too.

Don't get me wrong -- when I have a bunch of friends over, there's nothing better than a console. They're great for that kinda stuff and some of my best gaming memories are like that.

But besides that, I'd rather be on a PC. I have proper lighting so I can see my keyboard (plus who needs to see it to type? ;)) and unless you have an HDTV, who cares about size? Normal TVs are shit quality.

I dunno. The last console I bought was a N64. :p

(My sister has since bought a GameCube and PS2 which I occasionally play on and she'll be getting a 360 soon probably)

The Xbox 360 version of Prey looked better on my 50" HDTV than on my aging PC with its 17" display. I can see the appeal, although the controls on a console will always be inferior to a KB/M.

The Xbox 360 version of Prey looked better on my 50" HDTV than on my aging PC with its 17" display. I can see the appeal, although the controls on a console will always be inferior to a KB/M.

Yes I agree nothing beats a proper mouse and a keyboard but can't you get these for Xbox360? I know that you can use a USB Keyboard and Mouse on PS2. ;)

I'll be waiting for it to come out on PC. Just built a brand new system...even though the angel on my shoulder told me to wait:p. Game is going to be great.

I bought a 360, but I use it mostly for sports games.

P.S. Viper, what FPS's do you play? I'm a fellow FPS gamer :D The guy I play along with doesn't live far from you (Miluwakie, Or.)

Last edited:
Yeah, I had trouble downloading it a couple of days ago. I would start, get to 1% then say that it couldn't complete the download and ask me to start it again. It finally worked for me, I don't know why.

I am a huge Rainbow 6 fan. Had the book, then played the game and own and have finished them all...well the good PC ones I'm talking about here.

I must say they have gone down hill a little with the last titles. Kinda boring missions with little to no storyline.

Thus I was excited about a more story based RS:Vegas. However after playing the demo I was less then impressed. The graphics are pretty most of the time, but it does slow down at times, but I guess this isn't the final version and hopefully they will sort this stuff out by the final release.

The major let down is the game play itself. As with most things like this on consoles they have pretty much thrown the stealth and covert aspect of the games out the window. It is very much like a FPS, as not surprisingly quite like G.R.A.W.. However G.R.A.W. has a reason to be more open and action based as it is a different kind of engagement. In Vegas there is a lot of firefights with targets with you all hiding behind cover, not the old perfectly planned fast raids that the Rainbow Six games are known for.

Plus there is the fact that trying to play a realisic shooting game like this on a console with no kind of autoaim if freakin' hard. I have not finished the demo yet as I get quite far and then get killed. Much like G.R.A.W. if you get killed it is game over, but if one of your team go down you can heal them with some magic potion or something and they are ready to battle once more. There are checkpoints, but usually I don't have the attention span to play it all the way through.

I think this will be one of the many 360 games that I "acquire" then I get my 360 modded soon.

Well that is my 2 cents. :p